Review10Best compares the best toothpastes and nominates the one by Crest as the best toothpaste. In our toothpastes review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different toothpastes and follow our recommendation on which toothpaste to buy in 2020. With the toothpaste comparison, you can be sure to buy the best toothpaste on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate toothpaste buying guide
- View our toothpaste picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about toothpastes
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
It is easy to assume that buying the best toothpaste is a simple task, yet with so many options out there finding the right toothpaste for your teeth and gums is often easier said than done! There are dozens of variations of toothpaste, all of which offer certain benefits, so it is important to choose one that is best-suited for your dental needs. Check out this guide for advice on how to get the best toothpaste for your oral hygiene.
What are toothpastes?
Toothpaste is an oral hygiene product used to clean and protect teeth. While different types of toothpaste offer certain benefits, they all work by removing plaque and food from teeth, helping to prevent tooth decay and gum disease.
Why should you buy a good toothpaste?
The best toothpastes promote healthy teeth and gums. Not only does a good toothpaste clean your teeth, but protect it from decay while also leaving the teeth looking much cleaner. Furthermore, different types of toothpaste can offer various benefits. For instance, whitening toothpaste is great for maintaining the aesthetics of your teeth, while cavity protection toothpaste will help to protect teeth from decay.
How to choose the right toothpaste?
To choose the best toothpaste for your oral hygiene, it is important to know what you need from your toothpaste. If your teeth are quite healthy, then you may not need a specific kind of toothpaste, whereas those suffering from dental issues may require a more specialized product. Here are some things worth considering:
- Fluoride: The best toothpaste products contain fluoride, an active ingredient essential for fighting tooth decay. You’ll want to make sure fluoride is present in any toothpaste you buy, as it will protect your enamel from acids that accelerate tooth decay.
- Special Needs: Everyone will have their own needs when it comes to dental hygiene, so it’s important to pick the best toothpaste for your own teeth. For example, if you have sensitive teeth then a sensitive toothpaste will be the best option, while those suffering from gum disease will need an appropriate toothpaste for this problem. However, if your teeth are in great condition then you may not need a toothpaste with certain active ingredients.
What is the best kind of toothpaste?
As mentioned before, there is a huge range of toothpaste available, each one containing any number of ingredients. While finding the best toothpastes for your teeth can be difficult, most have a rather self-explanatory name that should make it easier:
- Toothpastes for Children: The best-suited toothpaste for children’s teeth, it contains less fluoride than those found in products for adult teeth. Children’s teeth are much more sensitive than adults, so the toothpaste can’t have as many abrasives either. They also tend to carry child-friendly flavors such as bubble-gum.
- Whitening Toothpastes: As the name suggests, this is the best toothpaste for restoring the natural whiteness to teeth. This is a great product for people whose teeth are more prone to stainings, such as smokers or coffee drinkers. This type of toothpaste contains more cleaners and abrasives than others to ensure that they can remove or at least reduce stains.
- Sensitive Toothpastes: A fantastic toothpaste for anyone suffering from sensitive teeth, it makes drinking and eating hot or cold products much more bearable. They contain active ingredients that offer pain relief from hypersensitivity, which can often occur due to tooth decay.
- Anti-Decay Toothpastes: This type of toothpaste is probably one of the most common, as all good toothpastes should offer protection from decay. Their main active ingredient is fluoride, which is proven to prevent tooth decay.
- Anti-Plaque Toothpastes: The best toothpaste for fighting gum disease, they work by fighting plaque build-ups that cause the bacteria that cause gum disease. Even those that already have gum disease can benefit from this type of toothpaste, as it can inhibit the bacteria that worsen the condition.
Top 10 list of toothpastes (February 2020)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their toothpastes rank and which toothpaste is the best.
- Radiant Mint flavor
- Fluoride toothpaste protects against cavities
- Strengthens teeth and safe on tooth enamel
- Freshens breath
- Fights tartar build-up
- Fights cavities
- Anticavity fluoride toothpaste
- Great mint taste
- Strengthens teeth enamel with active fluoride
- Pronamel Gentle Whitening toothpaste also protects tooth enamel from cavities. Maintain…
- Pronamel Gentle Whitening strengthens and re hardens enamel to protect against the…
- Sensodyne Pronamel is a teeth whitening toothpaste and a sensitive toothpaste that…
- Stronger teeth by strengthening enamel
- 8 advanced benefits in 1 toothpaste
- Healthier gums by fighting plaque and gingivitis
- Helps Prevent Plaque, Tartar, Cavities & Gingivitis
- Mint Toothpaste for Long Lasting Fresh Breath
- Fights Bacteria on Teeth, Tongue, Cheeks and Gums for Whole Mouth Health
- Has a special formula Made with enamel safe Whitening toothpaste ingredients
- Whitens teeth more than 3 shades (brushing twice daily for 4 weeks), Results start…
- With regular use, this Whitening toothpaste removes intrinsic teeth stains ordinary…
- Gentle power of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda safely whitens teeth with refined dental…
- Stain Defense technology prevents new stains from setting
- Fluoride cavity protection and enamel strengthening formula to remove plaque and…
- GIVING FOR GOODNESS: Tom's of Maine donates 10% of our profits to charities committed…
- CERTIFIED B-CORP: Tom's of Maine meets the highest standards of verified social and…
- NEVER TESTED ON ANIMALS: This fluoride free toothpaste whitens your teeth by removing…
- Helps prevent plaque, Tartar, cavities & gingivitis
- Fights germs for an extra Healthy smile
- Fights bacteria on teeth, tongue, cheeks and gums for Whole Mouth Health
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. Last Update. 2020/02/20 16:32 o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best toothpastes