Review10Best compares the best treadmills and nominates the one from ICON Health and Fitness as the best treadmill. In our treadmills review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different treadmills and follow our recommendation on which treadmill to buy in 2018. With the treadmill comparison, you can be sure to buy the best treadmill on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate treadmill buying guide
- View our treadmill picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about treadmills
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
A treadmill is a great machine for home exercise. Suitable for running, walking, and jogging, a good treadmill allows you to exercise from the comfort of home with relative ease. However, choosing the best treadmill for your needs is difficult, as there are many products available all offering various features and functions.
Check out the buying guide below for how to choose the best treadmill:
What are treadmills?
A treadmill is a type of exercise machine used to simulate walking, running, and jobbing from a single location. While designs vary, most treadmills feature a large moving belt that provides a surface to run, walk, and jog on. The belt is either powered manually or by a motor depending on the model.
Why should you buy a good treadmill?
The best treadmills offer the ability to exercise from home with ease. Highly effective, using a treadmill as part of your workout routine allows for weight loss and/or improved fitness, which is never a bad thing. Even just walking a few miles a day can have massive improvements on your health and fitness, giving even more reason to start using a treadmill.
Also, many people prefer to workout from home. Some don’t have access to a gym near to their home, while others are more self-conscious and want to work out in privacy. Using a treadmill at home allows you to build up fitness levels at a pace that suits you, and it’s easy to use and can be used by an entire family.
How to choose the right treadmill?
There are several considerations worth making to help you choose the best treadmill, so be sure to think about some of the following before you buy:
- Space: Treadmills are not the smallest the machines, so will take up a fair amount of space at your home. Consider how much space you have when buying a treadmill, as some larger machines likely won’t fit if you lack appropriate space. If you don’t have much room at home, you may want to get a folding treadmill.
- Speed: Treadmills come with various speed settings, with more advanced models offering greater speed variables. However, not everyone requires top speed settings, especially those with lower fitness levels. Top speeds are generally around 15mph, with 7mph being ideal for beginners, so consider your fitness levels and goals when looking at speed settings. It’s good to get a treadmill with several speed settings, as you can go at a pace that suits your current fitness and then use higher speeds as you improve.
What is the best kind of treadmill?
There are several types of treadmills available, any of which may be perfect for your needs.
- Manual Treadmill: The cheapest treadmills are usually manual, meaning they are powered by the individual walking/running on the belt. To increase the intensity, you need to get off the treadmill and increase the incline manually. Some people struggle to use manual treadmills as they require consistent movement from the user, which is often difficult to maintain.
- Motorised Treadmill: Unlike manual treadmills, a motorised treadmill is powered by an internal motor that rotates the belt. Motorised treadmills also come with more features than their manual counterparts, including automatic incline, heartrate monitors, mp3 players, and LCD screens. However, they cost much more than a manual treadmill and are much larger too.
- Folding Treadmill: Both manual and motorised treadmills are available with a folding feature. These are great for people short on space as they can half the size of the treadmill when not in use, making it much easier to store. A great choice of treadmill for people living in an apartment.
Top 10 list of treadmills (August 2018)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their treadmills rank and which treadmill is the best.
- Comfortable cushioning.
- Two-position incline.
- Six personal trainer workouts.
- 3 manual incline settings allow for maximum variety
- 12 preset programs offer unmatched variety for your workouts
- Speed range 0.5 -10 MPH allows for users of all fitness levels
- 20"X55" tread belt
- Plug your ipod or other MP3 device into the console sound System to stay motivated…
- 2.6 CHP drive System
- SAFE TO USE: Stay safe & get an effective workout with this foldable treadmill. It…
- SELECTABLE PRESET TRAINING MODES: Creating a customized fitness session is easy as…
- DIGITAL LCD DISPLAY: Monitor exercise activities with this smart digital treadmill.…
- 【Three Years Warranty】We offer you 100% risk-free satisfaction guarantee to let…
- 【Multi-function LED display and Handrails】LED Mode: Heart rate, scan, speed,…
- 【Safety Guaranteed Design】Safety Key connect you and the machine, emergency stop…
- Choose between 3 options of incline levels; Max user weight: 220 Lbs. Pause function…
- 9 Built-in workout programs; large LCD display and smart phone/tablet holder
- Handrail controls that allow you to control speed, start and stop.Running Surface…
- Excellent deck provides useful cushioning for ankle, back and knee joints which helping…
- An extremely low noise motor and a safety emergency Stop key for your safety, specially…
- Multi-functional display that allows user to Track progress in speed, distance, heart…
- PLEASE NOTE: WESLO IS THE ONLY MANUFACTURER AND AMAZON IS THE ONLY AUTHORIZED SELLER…
- 90-Day parts & Labor Warranty
- 250 lb. Weight capacity. Safety Features: Magnetic Safety Key
- 【Safety Design and Cushioning Design】Safety Key connect you and the machine,…
- 【5" Blue-Ray LCD Display & 16" X 47" Rubber Tread Belt】5" blue-ray LCD display…
- 【0.5-7.5 MPH Speed levels & P01-P12 Programs 】With 0.5 to 7.5 MPH Speed levels…
- The ProForm performance 400 Treadmill is protected with a Lifetime frame Warranty,…
- Compatible music port for IPod, IPod is a trademark of Apple, inc, registered in…
- 18 workout Apps, grip Pulse EKG heart RATE monitor, this heavy-duty treadmill accommodates…
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2018/08/10 07:15. o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best treadmills