Review10Best compares the best waffle makers and nominates the one from Cuisinart as the best waffle maker. In our waffle makers review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different waffle makers and follow our recommendation on which waffle maker to buy in 2018. With the waffle maker comparison, you can be sure to buy the best waffle maker on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate waffle maker buying guide
- View our waffle maker picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about waffle makers
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
The best waffle makers produce restaurant-quality waffles, making them a worthwhile investment for anyone that loves waffles. There are various types of waffle makers out there, all of which produce waffles of varying quality, so it helps to do some research prior to buying. Doing so ensures you get the best waffle maker for cooking mouth-watering waffles from home.
Check out the buying guide below for how to choose a great waffle maker:
What are waffle makers?
A waffle maker is a kitchen appliance used specifically to make waffles. The device features two moulded metal plates that recreate the pattern of waffles when filled with a batter. Once filled with batter, the plates are closed and heated, baking the mixture to produce homemade waffles. While waffle makers were traditionally manual devices placed on stovetops, most modern waffle markers are self-contained devices that use an internal heating element to heat the plates and cook the waffle mixture.
Why should you buy a good waffle maker?
The best waffle maker devices make it quick and easy to bake delicious homemade waffles. Simple to use, a good waffle maker doesn’t need to cost that much yet can produce amazing waffles. So, if you happen to love waffles for breakfast, then buying a quality waffle maker is well worth the investment.
How to choose the right waffle maker?
Choosing the best waffle maker isn’t always easy, as there are various appliances available but not all of them produce the best waffles. Here’s some things to consider before you buy a waffle maker:
- Non-stick: The best waffle makers are made from non-stick materials, which make them far easier to clean after being used. Furthermore, non-stick waffle makers tend to produce better waffles, so it’s always worth getting this type of maker.
- Thickness: American style waffles are generally thinner compare to Belgium waffles, so consider this when choosing a waffle maker. So, a thicker plate produces a thick, fluffy waffle (Belgium style) while a thin plate produces the thin, crispy waffle (American style). Avoid any waffle maker that claims to make both, as those that make one type are always much better.
- Number of Waffles: Larger waffle makers can make several waffles at once, which may be necessary if you’re making them for your family. It’s a good idea to get a waffle maker that makes several waffles at once, as waiting for one to cook before making another is very time-consuming. Check the plates for how many waffle compartments are included.
What is the best kind of waffle maker?
There are several types of waffle makers available, any of which make be the ideal choice for making waffles. Some of the most popular types of waffle makers include:
- Round Waffle Maker: The classic waffle maker for American-style waffles, a round waffle maker produces thin and crispy waffles with shallow pockets. They are available in various sizes, with larger models capable of cooking several waffles at once
- Square Waffle Maker: Used for making Belgium waffles, a square waffle maker produces a much thicker, fluffier waffle. Square waffle makers usually make several waffles at once, being available in various sizes.
- Stovetop Waffle Maker: Unlike other types of waffle makers, stovetop waffle makers do not require electricity, instead being placed on a hot stove to heat. A great waffle maker for taking camping or simply making waffles the old fashioned way.
Top 10 list of waffle makers (December 2018)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their waffle makers rank and which waffle maker is the best.
- 3-Year warranty
- Stands on end for compact storage. BPA free
- 1400 watts of power
- 2 LED Ready indicator lights illuminate when each waffle is done
- Nonstick coating for quick food release and easy cleanup
- Cool-touch handle provides a firm grip and helps prevent burns
- Stainless steel housing for added durability
- Adjustable temperature control for easy heat adjustments
- EASY-CLEAN GRIDS AND DRIP TRAY. The grids and drip tray are removable and dishwasher-safe…
- STAINLESS STEEL DESIGN. Waffle iron wipes down easily and has a modern look that…
- ADJUSTABLE BROWNING CONTROL. Cook your waffle lighter or darker, just the way you…
- Compact, upright storage
- Classic black and stainless steel design
- Makes thick, fluffy waffles
- Stainless-steel housing; cord wrap and handle lock for convenient storage
- Removable die-cast plates with nonstick coating for effortless food release and quick…
- Bakes waffles with extra-deep pockets, light and fluffy on the inside and crispy…
- Brushed stainless steel top cover; upright storage; tongs and recipe book includ…
- Ready to Bake/Ready to Eat indicator lights; audible alert
- Six setting temperature control
- Audible Alert
- Ready-50-Bake/Ready-to-Eat Indicator Lights
- Five-setting Browning Control
- COMPARE THE QUALITY: Compare our wide selection of small kitchen appliances to similar…
- You need quick & convenient kitchen solutions to simplify your hectic life. We provide…
- NON-STICK VERSATILITY: We offer 3 superior non-stick coatings from traditional non-stick…
- Drip Tray - Keeps your countertops clean with the drip tray, which can be washed…
- Durable Nonstick Coating - Enjoy easy cleanup with the nonstick surface, which also…
- Belgian-Style Waffles - The deep, nonstick grids turn out Belgian-style waffles with…
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2018/12/18 03:55 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best waffle makers