Review10Best compares the best wheel cleaners and nominates the one from CarGuys as the best wheel cleaner. In our wheel cleaners review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different wheel cleaners and follow our recommendation on which wheel cleaner to buy in 2019. With the wheel cleaner comparison, you can be sure to buy the best wheel cleaner on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate wheel cleaner buying guide
- View our wheel cleaner picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about wheel cleaners
- More about wheel cleaners on the web
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
You love cruising in your motor with your shiny alloy wheels spinning and gleaming with sparkles fit for diamonds. Well, in this article you are going to learn about the various types of wheel cleaners, the good, the bad, the ugly and the very best wheel cleaners, which to embrace and which to steer clear of as well as choosing the right type of wheel cleaner for your wheels.
What are wheel cleaners?
Wheel cleaners are products, which can be applied to your wheels, which help them to degrease, unclog, clean and shine for the very best results. Some wheel cleaners come in sprays others in creams and waxes. You can even apply specific wheel cleaners, which prevent the build up of dirt making your wheels cleaner for longer, saving you money in the long run and giving you the best outcome.
Why should you buy a good wheel cleaner?
Wheel cleaners not only help your wheels to shine, look super good and attract all the right attention but they also help the performance of your car by keeping your wheels slick and grit free, the oils in your motor stay cleaner for longer reducing the overall workload which your motor produces to keep you moving. Wheel cleaners also help to protect against acid erosion due to rain and harsh weather conditions giving you optimum and the very best results you can get. They also help to prevent against the build up of rust.
Another reason to use wheel cleaners is due to the harsh nature of road salts. People do not consider or realize just how bad and corrosive road salts are to their vehicles. Using the best wheel cleaner for the job will protect your wheels against damage from road salts.
How to choose the right wheel cleaner?
With so many types of wheel cleaners on the market, it is kind of hard knowing where to turn and which wheel cleaner to go for. Doing your research could save you a lot of hassle and upset in the long run. Of course, it’s better to be prepared than having the wrong type of wheel cleaner damage your prized possessions. Some wheel cleaners have fewer chemicals than others so do not smell as strong and are much better for the environment.
Some wheel cleaners will do a general clean of your wheels when washed away, others a deep clean when brushed in. Some are translucent others have a red color which some say is better than the older translucent wheel cleaners on the market. Some are for alloy wheels some for aluminum and others for chrome or just to help best with clearing break dust.
The main thing to consider when opting for a wheel cleaner is what do you wish to get from your product? If the very best sparkle is all you want, then you simply need to match the type of wheel with the correct wheel cleaner. For a deeper cleanse you need to select a wheel cleaner that will get into all the hard to reach areas of your wheel.
What is the best kind of wheel cleaner?
There are many types of wheel cleaners today from basic dirt removal types to those that get the grit out of the deepest parts of the wheel and perform better than lesser products. Here are some types to consider:
- Alloy Wheel Cleaner: This wheel cleaner works on alloy, chrome and aluminum wheels. This wheel cleaner is specifically for clear-coated, painted, polished and plastic-dipped rims.
- Acid-Free Wheel Cleaner: A great product, powerfully and innovatively formulated to remove stubborn brake dust from steel and alloy wheels, which does not damage plastic rims.
- Wheel Cleaner for Brake Dust: This wheel cleaner is specially formulated to remove brake dust, surface corrosion, tarnishing and road grime from alloy painted wheels. Carefully selected brightening agents ensure your wheels are kept looking their best.
Top 10 list of wheel cleaners (May 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their wheel cleaners rank and which wheel cleaner is the best.
- 100% SATISFACTION MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - No fine printing to read, no gimmicks. Get…
- BRIGHTEN & CLEAN WHITE WALL TIRES MOTORCYCLE SAFE This cleaner has a use for everything!…
- SAFE ON EVERY WHEEL OR TIRE Will NOT damage or stain your wheels. It WILL clean…
- THE BEST WHEEL CLEANER: Delivers powerful cleaning, yet gentle and safe
- EASY ON BRAKES: Safe on painted brake components
- SAFE FOR ALL WHEELS: Acid free and pH balanced - safe for all wheel finishes
- Safe on painted; anodized and clear coated wheels
- Great results on high-end aluminum and alloys
- Safe for use on wheels various wheel finishes
- Can be diluted for various cleaning needs
- Cleans chrome, painted, polished and powder-coated wheels
- Citrus-based formula removes corrosive brake dust, oxidation, oil, and dirt
- Refill your bottle with money-saving gallon refill
- Product changes color as it interacts with brake dust
- Viscous liquid stays on wheel to break up and loosen brake dust and road grime
- No Scrub Formula
- Easy To Use Hose Sprayer
- Restores Tires Back To Black
- For use on factory/OEM coated wheels and hubcaps only. Avoid polished or roughcast…
- Unique spray on, hose off design safely penetrates, dissolves and suspends all types…
- Safe for painted, clearcoated, color coated, steel, modular, chrome, or factory coated…
- 100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE: Backed by 100% guarantee that you are fully satisfied…
- MULTI-PURPOSE USE: Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, Bicycles, RVs, Boats, Wheels, Rims,…
- SAVE TIME AND YOUR KNUCKLES - The 9.5" brush head allows you to quickly clean your…
- Approved by BBS, Dayton Wire Wheels, and The Tire Rack
- Leaves wheels clean and shiny
- Removes brake dust, tar, dirt, and road grime
- ✅ 110% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE! We pride ourselves on customer service and satisfaction…
- ✅ PROUDLY CRAFTED IN THE USA! This state of the art wheel cleaner is a simple spray…
- ✅ SAFE ON MANY FINISHES! Safe on clear-coated, powder-coated, chrome, alloy, and…
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/05/22 20:24 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best wheel cleaners
Further resources about wheel cleaners
- Best car wheel cleaner 2017 | Auto Express: Wheels are tricky to clean, so a good formula is vital. Here are our favourites (source: www.autoexpress.co.uk)
- Spray-On Wheel Cleaners | Consumer Reports: Consumer Reports puts spray-on wheel cleaners to the test. Read on to find the best wheel cleaners. (source: www.consumerreports.org)