Review10Best compares the best wood burning stoves and nominates the one by Guide Gear as the best wood burning stove. In our wood burning stoves review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different wood burning stoves and follow our recommendation on which wood burning stove to buy in 2020. With the wood burning stove comparison, you can be sure to buy the best wood burning stove on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate wood burning stove buying guide
- View our wood burning stove picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about wood burning stoves
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Looking for the best wood burning stove for your home? It’s a great investment, bringing warmth and style to any room, while also being a cost-effective way to stay warm during the colder months.
However, finding the best wood stoves can be difficult unless you know what to look for, so check out this handy buying guide for all the info you need to find a great stove for your home.
What are wood burning stoves?
A wood burning stove is a home heating appliance that burns wood as a fuel source. While designs vary, it typically consists of a metal firebox and one or two vents for air control, while being are connected to a ventilation pipe to funnel out the smoke.
Why should you buy a good wood burning stove?
The best wood burning stoves let you heat your house for a low price, helping to keep energy bills down while cutting back on your carbon footprint, with wood logs producing very low carbon emissions. Moreover, a great wood stove makes a fantastic addition to any room. It can act as a focal point of the décor, with various styles and materials available to match most homes.
Plus, because the stove produces radiant heat, it will heat a room much quicker than electric or central heating, making it a great addition to your home heating system.
How to choose the right wood burning stove?
Not sure what to look for in a good wood burning stove? Here are some things to think about:
- Heat Output: You need to ensure that the wood stove produces enough heat to warm the room it is being installed in. Outputs are measured in kW and you need 1kW for every 14m³ of space in a room, so simply measure the room size (length x width x height) and divide by 14 to see how much you need.
- Fuel: While wood burning stoves obviously use wood for fuel, there are variations called multi-fuel stoves that can use wood and other fuel sources like coal. A standard wood stove may be fine for your needs if you have good access to wood logs, otherwise, multi-fuel stoves may be more economical for your home, with coals being more widely available.
- Location: Think carefully where the wood burner is going to ensure that you choose a suitable model. A freestanding model is the most versatile as it can be installed almost anywhere, while there are also inset models that fit into an old fireplace or flush to the wall, so require a more precise location for installation.
What is the best kind of wood burning stove?
There are several types of wood burning stoves available, including:
- Freestanding Wood Stove: As the name suggests, they are freestanding so don’t need to be built inside of a chimney breast, giving more placement options throughout the room.
- Inset Wood Stove: These are more like a traditional fireplace, being installed inside of a chimney breast or within a wall, so it will likely require a more extensive installation process if you don’t have an unused fireplace or chimney breast.
- Cassette Wood Stove: This type of stove is like an inset, with the main difference being it’s usually installed flush to the wall rather than into it. Typically installed within a closed hearth, allowing it to be placed at different levels on the wall.
Top 10 list of wood burning stoves (April 2020)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their wood burning stoves rank and which wood burning stove is the best.
- Fire grate in bottom to protect the base from overheating
- Wire spark arrestor
- 5" diameter chimney pipe (over 10 ft. total height)
- Includes solid cooktop surface and a safety handle.Dimensions:Depth: 33in, Width:…
- Accepts logs 23 inches in length
- Heavy-duty cast iron construction, perfect for log cabins, large garages, and sh…
- High-efficiency EPA certified appliance
- Recommended heating area (sq.ft.) : 2, 000
- Steel thickness – top : 5/16"
- What You Get:1*TOMSHOO Camping Stove, 1*Alcohol Tray, 1*BBQ Grill Net 1*Mesh Storage…
- Foldable & Lightweight: Easily collapsible into a compact size (5.4" x 2.8")…
- Unlimited Fuel: Use the twigs, leaves, branches, wood as fuel to cook a meal on your…
- Includes door, chimney and barrel stand
- Ideal for buildings, garages, cabins and more
- Converts 30 or 55 gallon drums into a heat radiating wood burning stove
- If you have any quality problems within 6 months, you can contact us at any time…
- High Efficiency: Those camping stove not only can use wood, also can use spirit burner,…
- Multifunction: Camping stove can work with many kinds of pots, which can cook Food,…
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: REDCAMP offers a 360-day limited manufacturer warranty.…
- FOLDABLE AND LIGHTWEIGHT: Easily collapsible and lightweight, Unfold size: 8.3*5.9*5.9in,…
- VARIOUS FUELS: The stove accept various fuels like leaves, twigs, you can get these…
- Collapsible and packable, very convenient to carry.
- Easy to boil a cup of water with sticks, wood pellets, or other biofuels.
- Converts from box easily and quickly into a fully functional stove.
- Ideal for fishing, picnic, camping, travel, hiking and other outdoor actives.
- Add conveniently wood, charcoal, branches, or leaves, through the door of stove.
- Perfect ventilation design keeps high efficient burning.
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. Last Update. 2020/03/28 06:40. o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best wood burning stoves