Review10Best compares the best after sun lotions in the UK and selects the one by NIVEA as the best after sun lotion. In a after sun lotion buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different after sun lotions and see a recommendation on which after sun lotion to buy in the UK in 2022. By considering the top list of after sun lotions, you can find the best after sun lotions and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate after sun lotion buying guide
- View the after sun lotion picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
The best after sun helps soothe and protect skin after a day in the sun. Whether you’ve forgotten to apply a high SPF sunscreen and got burnt or just want to provide some extra hydration for your suntan, a good after sun lotion is the perfect solution. However, finding the right product can be difficult when there are so many options to choose from! Check out the buying guide below for all the information you need to know to find the best after sun lotion:
What are after sun lotions?
After sun lotion is a skincare product applied to the skin after being out in the sun. It provides relief from sunburn by rehydrating and cooling the skin, while it can also be used for its moisturising effects even when you aren’t burnt, helping to reduce the harmful impact of UV rays after being in the sun for too long.
Why should you buy a good after sun lotion?
A good after sun lotion is a must-have skincare product for anyone going on holiday to a sunny location but it’s handy to have for summer months in almost any climate. The main reason is that it offers relief from the effects of sunburn, rehydrating and soothing the hotness of the skin, while it can also provide welcoming moisturizing and cooling effects even for those that aren’t burnt.
Basically, if you plan on spending time out in the sun then it’s well worth having the best after sun to help keep skin cool and healthy! Furthermore, many after sun lotions help to maintain the tone of your suntan.
How to choose the right after sun lotion?
Choosing the best after sun lotions can be difficult if you don’t know what you need, so here are some things to consider:
- Skin Type: Like any skincare product, it’s important to identify your skin type before you buy after sun lotions, as not all lotions are suitable for every skin type. For example, people with dry skin may benefit from lotions with extra moisturising effects, while people with oily or sensitive skins need to consider the ingredients to make sure it doesn’t cause unwanted side-effects.
- Ingredients: It’s always important to check the ingredients of any after sun lotion to ensure it doesn’t cause adverse reactions to your skin. For example, lotion with alcohol may sting burnt skin, while aloe vera is a popular ingredient for soothing burnt skin, especially when combined with ingredients that provide extra moisturising effects like hyaluronic acid.
- Additional Effects: While all sun lotions soothe and hydrate skin that’s been in the sun, many come with additional effects that you may find useful. A popular example of this are lotions that maintain your suntan for longer, which is a great option for anyone planning on sunbathing.
What is the best kind of after sun lotion in the UK?
If you want a feel-good sunbath in every sense, then consider buying one of the follow after sun lotions:
- After Sun for Normal Skin: This type of lotion is suitable for people with normal skin, so those that aren’t too dry, oily, or sensitive. Be mindful of certain ingredients, however, as these may still be harsh on the skin.
- After Sun for Sensitive Skin: Lotions for sensitive skin don’t have any ingredients likely to irritate the skin, typically containing all-natural ingredients instead.
- After Sun for Dry Skin: This type of lotion provides extra relief to dry skin, which is exasperated when out in the sun for too long. It comes with ingredients that help to trap more moisture in the skin to keep it cool and hydrated.
Top 10 list of after sun lotions in the UK (May 2022)
The bestseller list compares brands and their after sun lotions. Which after sun lotion is the best?
- Tan prolonging: An after sun moisturiser that helps maintain skin's elasticity and…
- How to apply: This Aloe vera after sun should be applied post-shower for maximum…
- Cooling formula: Enriched with Aloe vera and precious avocado oil for a soft and…
- Apply in the evening after showering, for maximum moisture retention, and leave on…
- Garnier After Sun Lotion is instantly absorbed, leaving skin lightly perfumed and…
- This formula helps to maintain skin’s elasticity and is enriched with naturally…
- Packaging may vary
- Items delivered: 1x PIZ BUIN After Sun Tan Intensifying Moisturising Lotion 200…
- All PIZ BUIN After Sun products contain Vitamin E, which helps to protect against…
- Product details: NIVEA SUN After Sun Moisture (200ml) Hydrating After Sun Cream,…
- To apply: Simply apply the moisturising lotion generously onto bare skin after sun…
- Silky skin: The quick-absorbing after sun care moisture has a cooling formula and…
- With Lancaster’s iconic fragrance and a velvety finish, this after sun will…
- It accelerates the healing process of the skin reducing the risk of peeling and leaving…
- With a repairing complex, this refreshing lotion can instantly calm, hydrate, and…
- Dermatologically tested
- Has a cooling effect
- Moisturises for 24 hours
- Contains aloe vera
- Use regularly to revitalise your skin and prolong your tan
- It contains special moisturisers, which will reduce dryness
- This pack contains one 180-millilitre bottle of after sun lotion.
- This after sun lotion helps preserve your tan.
- Light and with non-greasy feel, Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Air Soft After Sun…
- Free from artificial perfumes, colours, SLS, and parabens
- Instantly cools, hydrates and nourishing
- Ultimate cooling solution for damaged, dehydrated skin
- Item display weight: 0.225 grams
- Item display volume: 200.0 milliliters
- Number of items: 1
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best after sun lotions, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a after sun lotion test. Last Update: 2022/05/16.