Review10Best compares the best air compressors in the UK and selects the one by Hyundai as the best air compressor. In a air compressor buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different air compressors and see a recommendation on which air compressor to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of air compressors, you can find the best air compressors and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate air compressor buying guide
- View the air compressor picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Buying the best air compressor available is a great investment for DIY and car enthusiasts, providing a versatile tool with many applications around the home. Yet, it’s important to choose the right type of air compressor for your needs, otherwise, you may end up with an unsuitable product.
Check out this handy buying guide for all the info that you need to know to find the best air compressors:
What are air compressors?
An air compressor is a device used to create and store compressed air. It consists of a motor or engine that creates the compressed air and large storage tank where the air is held until needed. An air compressor can compress air to various pressures, which can then be used on air-powered tools and paint spray guns or to inflate tires.
Why should you buy a good air compressor?
A good air compressor is a handy device for anyone that loves tinkering with their car, doing DIY projects around the home, or a bit of both! The device will quickly create compressed air at the desired pressure levels, which can be then be used for all kinds of things.
The most notable use is with pneumatic tools. Known as air tools, these are devices that use high-pressure air to operate, providing them with even more power than your standard corded or cordless tools. Other uses for compressed air include vehicle maintenance, operating spray guns, and general cleaning in a workshop.
How to choose the right air compressor?
Here are some things to look out for in a great air compressor:
- CFM: Cubic feet per minute (CMF) is the measurement of air that the compressor can deliver. Every tool has a CMF requirement, so make sure that the air compressor you choose is compatible with the tools you intend to use. For instance, 6 CFM at 90 PSI is used for most pneumatic tools and spray guns, although certain tools will need more. A good rule of thumb to follow is the more CFM the air compressor offers the more powerful tools you can use.
- PSI: Pounds per square inch (PSI) is a measurement of the amount of compressed air the tank holds, so the higher this number is the more air can be stored in the compressor. You’ll want a large tank capacity if using tools for prolonged periods, otherwise, you’ll be constantly stopping and starting to refill the tank.
- Portability: Even the best air compressor might be quite heavy, so be mindful of how portable the device is, especially if you plan on using it around the home. For example, if you are using spray guns to redecorate, then you’ll want an air compressor with wheels for portability, as dragging a heavy compressor around is never fun.
What is the best kind of air compressor in the UK?
There are two main types of air compressors available to buy:
- Single-Stage Air Compressors: This is the best-selling type of air compressor, featuring a single piston that moves up and down to compress air. Great for most home applications, it can store a maximum of around 150psi.
- Two-Stage Air Compressors: This type of air compressor features two pistons rather than one, allowing it to store more compressed air than a single-stage type, usually around 200psi. This means you can use tools for longer, although it will cost more.
Top 10 list of air compressors in the UK (December 2021)
The bestseller list compares brands and their air compressors. Which air compressor is the best?
- Ultra Lightweight & Manoeuvrable: The Air Compressor Weights Just 15KG - Coupled…
- Superior Design: Fitted with An Automatic Cut Out Switch, Air Release and Euro Quick-Release…
- Hyundai's HY5508 Silent Air Compressor Provides an Air Displacement of 4 CFM or 120…
- Hyundai's Silent 24L Air Compressor: Oil Free, Maintenance Free & a duty cycle…
- 8 bar/116 psi
- 1 HP/ 750Watt
- Heavy-duty plastic shrouds protect the internal mechanical parts.
- Compare Us With Our Competitors: Covered By A 2 Year Hyundai Warranty & Full…
- A Superior Design: Fitted with an Automatic Pressure Cut Off Switch Safety Valve…
- Hyundai's HY7524 Supplies an Air Displacement of 5.2CFM or 150 Litres / Minute at…
- Draper Guaranteed Product
- Manufactured to EU Standards
- Package Dimensions: 51.0 L x 49.0 H x 25.2 W (centimeters)
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: Easily stow the compressor away in your car or garage and it…
- WIDE RANGE OF APPLICATIONS: 3 Nozzles and Extra Fuse Included. Inflates any Schrader…
- PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS: One-click to change pressure units among PSI, kPa, BAR and KG/CM;…
- The solid tank comes with a 10-year guarantee against rusting through
- A vibration-absorbing foot prevents mechanical shocks and reduces noise generation.…
- For the best possible user safety there is a non-return valve and a safety valve.…
- Dimensions: 675(L) x 330(H) x 625(W) mm;
- Welded tank complies with latest European standards;
- High-quality bearing guarantees long life;
- Easy to handle thanks to built-in metal handle
- Compact ON/OFF Knob
- External pump for better cooling
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best air compressors, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a air compressor test. Last Update: 2021/12/04.