Review10Best compares the best air conditioners in the UK and selects the one by Inventor as the best air conditioner. In a air conditioner buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different air conditioners and see a recommendation on which air conditioner to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of air conditioners, you can find the best air conditioners and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate air conditioner buying guide
- View the air conditioner picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Finding the best air conditioner for your home will take some research, as there are various options available. A great air conditioner can efficiently cool a room or several rooms throughout your home, allowing you to feel more comfortable during those warmer weather conditions. The best type of air conditioner for one person may not be the best for another, as there are many things worth considering, such as how often it will be used and the climate of the area where you live in.
What are air conditioners?
An air conditioner is a machine that is used to treat the air in an enclosed space. It works by removing the warm air from a room and cooling it down and then redirecting the cooler air back into the room. This is achieved by running the warm air over chilled pipes inside the machinem, that are filled with a coolant fluid, cooling the air while a dehumidifier removes moisture, before a fan blasts the freshly cooled air back into the room.
Why should you buy a good air conditioner?
Buying an air conditioner is a great idea for many situations where a room or your entire home is excessively warm. Some people will only need this for a portion of the year, usually the summer months, while those staying in warmer climates may require one throughout the entire year. The benefits of owning the best air conditioner are quite obvious: the right air conditioner is great for cooling down a room when the heat makes it unbearable. This could be down to personal preference for a certain coolness in a room, but in many cases, it is necessary to make a home cool enough for comfortable living. For instance, if you live somewhere with extremely warm temperatures throughout the day, an air conditioning cools your bedroom more effectively than a ceiling fan, thus making it more comfortable to sleep.
How to choose the right air conditioner?
All the best air conditioners can quickly cool a room as desired, but as there are many types of air conditioning units available and not all of them will be best-suited for your personal needs. Therefore, it is important to know what to look for in an air conditioner in relation to your own circumstances.
Here are some things to look out for:
- Portability: A portable air conditioner is a great option for anyone that doesn’t require a permanent installation, such as those living in climates with cooler winters. This allows you to store the air conditioner when not in use, as well as making it easier to move from room to room.
- Noise: When an air conditioner is running, it can create a fair amount of noise, which may be off-putting in some circumstances, such as being used in a bedroom or office. Noise may not be an issue depending on the location, but it is certainly worth considering.
- Location: Where will your air conditioner be installed? For example, window air conditioners are popular but your window may not be in the most suitable location to effectively cool a room or you don’t want to sacrifice window space. Noteworthy, a through-the-wall unit is suitable for almost any room and can offer more cooling power in many cases.
- Installation: While the best air conditioners can effectively cool large rooms, they usually have to be installed, sometimes permanently, meaning you or someone else will be tasked with installing the unit. For those that don’t want to install anything, a portable air conditioner may be better than a window or through-the-wall unit.
What is the best kind of air conditioner in the UK?
There are a few notable types of air conditioner units available, all of which come with a variety of different features. Some air conditioners will be better suited for certain situations than others, so it is handy to know which one offers the most benefits for you:
- Portable Air Conditioner: The best air conditioner for someone looking for a flexible unit as they don’t have to be permanently installed. You can take it into any room, so be sure to consider weights if you plan on moving it around a lot. They blow hot air out through an exhaust, so an open window is required when using portable air conditioners. Very easy to install and a great air conditioner for anyone that doesn’t need it year-round.
- Window Air Conditioner: Offering a wide range of sizes and cooling options, window air conditioners are a good option for most households as they are affordable and effective at cooling single rooms. However, they will take up window space and are limited to one per room.
- Through-the-Wall Air Conditioner: Not unlike a window air conditioner, this unit is instead installed into a wall rather than a window. This makes them versatile options as they can be placed in any room throughout the home. Also, they do not require any window space to be sacrificed. Further, a through-the-wall air conditioner often has the best cooling capacity, making them better suited for cooling several large rooms.
Top 10 list of air conditioners in the UK (January 2021)
The top 10 list shows how brands and their air conditioners compare. Which air conditioner is the best?
- Remote Control with Led Display to switch between Modes, Set Temperature & View…
- Expandable exhaust hose that fits to any Standard Slider or Double Hung Window.
- Compact space-saving design with easy-roll omnidirectional casters that helps you…
- WHAT'S INCLUDED: Window kit adapter and 1.5 m exhaust pipe for easy installation…
- FAN FUNCTION: 3 speed fan and Auto Breeze function selecting the correct fan speed…
- DEHUMIDIFIER FUNCTION: Use independently of the air conditioning function when the…
- Product dimensions (CMS): (H)67.0 x (W)32.0 x (D)32.0
- 2 YEAR GUARANTEE - This product comes with a free one year manufacturer guarantee.…
- Noise Level: 65dB (A)
- Comes with 2 year warranty which can be registered online
- 6 L removable water tank
- Big carry handle with remote control and castor wheels
- The heating function provides 2.1 kW of power output with a temperature range of…
- The fan function allows for air in the room to be recirculated and provides a more…
- Extract up to 26.4 L a day, as the unit dehumidifies the room whilst cooling it,…
- User-friendly remote control and digital touch display. Quick and easy set of all…
- No tank: automatic condensation disposal
- R290 Gas, the natural refrigerant with the lowest impact on global warming (GWP =…
- Included components: 1 x RHPAC4002 & 1 x User Manual
- Comes with 1 year guarantee, get extended 1 year warranty upon registration
- Large easy glide castors and ideal for rooms in homes, caravans, conservatories and…
- No venting out of window required. Height x 72cm; Width x 26cm; Depth x 30cm
- Natural refrigerant R290, up to 690 times eco-friendlier compared to any other gases.…
- Expandable exhaust hose that fits to any Standard Slider (horizontal or vertical),…
- Compact space- saving design with easy-roll omnidirectional casters that helps you…
- nan1 x ZPAC9002 and 1 x User Manual
- Product dimensions (H)72.0 x (W)43.5 x (D)36.0 (CMS)
- 2 YEARS GUARANTEE- This product comes with a free one year manufacturer guarantee;…
* Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a air conditioner test. Last Update 2021/01/24 01:48 o'clock.