Review10Best compares the best air fresheners in the UK and nominates the one from Procter & Gamble as the best air freshener. In our air fresheners review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different air fresheners and follow our recommendation on which air freshener to buy in the UK in 2019. With the air freshener comparison, you can be sure to buy the best air freshener on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate air freshener buying guide
- View our air freshener picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about air fresheners
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Buying the best air freshener usually boils down to personal preferences, as not everyone enjoys the same fragrance. However, some air fresheners are not as effective as others, so it helps to look for the best air fresheners possible to ensure maximum results around the home.
What are air fresheners?
An air freshener is any product that either emits a fragrance or absorbs bad odors, with many doing both. There are many methods to apply fragrances with an air freshener, from manufactured household sprays to natural aromatherapy using essential oils.
Why should you buy a good air freshener?
The best air fresheners mask or absorb unpleasant odors, replacing them with a pleasant fragrance. This makes any room or vehicle smell much nicer, which can have uplifting effects while eliminating any undesirable smells. Simply put, an air freshener is a very useful product to have in most households or vehicles - and there are times when bad smells need to be removed!
How to choose the right air freshener?
There are many great air freshener products to choose from, any of which you may find appealing. While there are various ways to determine the best air freshener, considering any of the following points should make it easy to choose something to your liking:
- Fragrance: Perhaps the most obvious thing to consider, it is important to find a fragrance that you enjoy and find pleasant, otherwise the air freshener won’t get much use. There is an endless selection of fragrances out there, so be sure to consider what scents you generally enjoy, and if you hate over-powering fragrances then it’s a good idea to choose a scentless odor neutralizer. Much like perfumes, air freshener fragrances fall into common categories such as citrus, woody, oriental, and floral, with each category offering a variety of scents and smells.
- Form: There isn't any form of air freshener that can be considered the best, as they all offer their advantages and disadvantages. For instance, air freshener sprays are generally the most popular and affordable, but they are often less effective than an odor neutralizer, while candles and diffusers offer a much subtler scent that many find preferable to sprays. Again, personal choice is mostly at play here, although products such as plug-in air fresheners may be more beneficial as they are very low-maintenance. Sprays and candles can be hazardous too, so be sure to think about this as well.
- Purpose: When choosing a good air freshener, it is important to consider its purpose. For example, what room do you need the air freshener for? Is it going to be used in several rooms or possible your car? Do you wish to add a pleasant smell to a room or cover up a bad odor? Knowing why you need the air freshener should make it easier to choose a suitable product.
What is the best kind of air freshener in the UK?
As an air freshener comes in many forms, there are several types of products available, any of which you may enjoy:
- Air Freshener Sprays: A common air freshener, they are usually used in bathrooms and other rooms that are susceptible to bad odors. Cheap and available in many fragrances, it’s the right freshener for peoples needs.
- Scented Candle: Perhaps the best air freshener for creating a relaxing, pleasant ambience in a room, scented candles tend to offer a more natural, less overpowering fragrance than sprays. The scented wax emits a fragrance as it melts, releasing it into the room.
- Plug-in Air Freshener Sprays: Perfect for keeping a room smelling nice throughout the day, these air fresheners are plugged into a power source and routinely spray air freshener at regular intervals. Quiet and subtle, they work well to eliminate odors and provide a pleasant scent to the room.
- Reed Diffuser: Features a small bottle with a fragrant essential oil, which is absorbed and emitted by a selection of reeds. Produces pleasant fragrances and is quite decorative.
Top 10 list of air fresheners in the UK (February 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their air fresheners rank and which air freshener is the best.
- Non-flammable propellant
- Eliminates everyday odours without masking them and leaves a light fresh scent
- Uses a unique odour elimination technology
- Wide range of fragrances available separately
- Battery operated and easy to use, with an ideal design batteries included
- Up to 60 days of continuous fragrance
- packaging may vary
- Each refill eliminates odours and freshens for up to 90 days if used 12 hours a day…
- Use with Ambi Pur 3Volution refills
- No wet spray
- Other Pure fragrances available in Refills
- Pure, simple and clean fragrance experience
- Long lasting freshness
- Uses a unique odour elimination technology.
- Eliminates everyday odours without masking them and leaves a light fresh scent.
- Let Blossom & Breeze fragrance take you to a blossoming garden where a light floral…
- Up to 60 days of continuous fragrance
- Bursts of fragrance to constantly freshen your home and neutralise odours
- Refill for Air Wick freshmatic max kit
- Simply take off the lid and let Neutradol Original Gel release its active formul…
- No need to use a plug or find the correct sized refill
- Economical and practical ; The Worlds No1 Deodorizer
- Ultimate fragrance control: Adjustable intensity and frequency of mist for a room…
- Long lasting: Provides up to 45 days of continuous, long-lasting fragrance per refill…
- Beautiful: Its elegant, compact, portable design enhances any decor
- Long lasting fragrance
- Fits all Air Wick plug in devices
- Contains natural essential oils extracted from plants and flowers
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/02/18 20:03 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best air fresheners