Review10Best compares the best air mattresses in the UK and nominates the one from Comfort Quest as the best mattress. In our air mattresses review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different mattresses and follow our recommendation on which air mattress to buy in the UK in 2019. With the mattress comparison, you can be sure to buy the best air mattress on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate air mattress buying guide
- View our air mattress picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to mattresses
- Watch recommended videos about air mattresses
- More about air mattresses on the web
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
An air mattress can be a useful investment for homeowners, making a fine alternative to a spare bed while also being a great piece of camping equipment. There are a few things you should consider in order to find the best air mattress for your needs, whether you are buying it for a specific reason or just looking to grab one in case you need it down the line.
What are air mattresses?
An air mattress is an inflatable mattress typically made from PVC or similar plastic materials. When not being used, an air mattress is completely deflated, making it easier to store and transport, helping it become a popular option for camping trips or as a temporary bed for a guest. They can be inflated by manually breathing into the air valve or by using a type of pump.
Why should you buy a good air mattress?
The best air mattresses are remarkably comfortable, and because they can be easily inflated and deflated, they are useful for a variety of situations you may find yourself in. For example, if you like to go camping but don’t enjoy sleeping uncomfortably on the ground, a oremium air mattress is a great addition to your camping gear. The fact they are lightweight and easy to transport means you can carry them without issue and still enjoy a very relaxing sleep.
Also, you may find an air mattress as a great option for any guests visiting your home. Not every house has the space for a guest bed, making an air mattress a fine backup should anyone be visiting.
How to choose the right air mattress?
With a few notable products available, finding the best air mattress may take some research. Here are a few things worth considering that should make choosing the best air mattress much easier:
- Uses: Knowing your intended use for an air mattress should make finding a suitable one easier. For instance, if you are using it for a guest bed then you may want to go for a double height air mattress for any couples that may be staying. Conversely, if you plan on using it for camping, then a smaller option may be more advisable, especially for fitting it inside a tent.
- Size: There are quite a few size options when it comes to air mattresses, so you will want to think about what size you would prefer. Remember, the largest choice isn’t necessarily the best air mattress you might need, especially if space is going to be a concern! For an air mattress that is being used indoors, be sure to check the size of the room it will be used in. An air mattress for camping will need to be relative to the size of your tent and the number of users!
What is the best kind of air mattress in the UK?
Much like standard mattresses, an air mattress is available in a range of sizes. The best size for an air mattress differs from person to person, and remember that bigger products are usually more expensive!
- Single Air Mattresses: A standard single air mattress is designed to fit a single person. There are longer types that are designed for taller people, too.
- Double Air Mattresses: Given their wide size, this is the best air mattress for couples, as they should be able to comfortably fit two people. A double air mattress is also a fine choice for an individual seeking a more spacious mattress.
- King/Queen Air Mattresses: Slightly larger options than a double air mattress, they offer even more width so can sleep two people comfortably. However, they are heavier and will take longer to inflate. So it may be a good idea to invest in a good pump!
- Raised Air Mattresses: Available in any other type of air mattress, raised options are great because they can be easier to enter and exit, while also being noticeably higher from the ground. This can be especially useful when camping.
Top 10 list of air mattresses in the UK (May 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their air mattresses rank and which mattress is the best.
- Size (cm): L191 x W137 x D22 (295kg maximum weight capacity)
- Can be used indoors or outdoors, making it perfect for camping
- Coil-beam construction for support and stability whilst sleeping
- Quick and easy to inflate and deflate - features interlocking quick release valve…
- Ideal for indoor and outdoors use - durable materials mean that you can take this…
- Coil beam construction with a comfortable flocked surface - provides an unrivalled…
- LARGE KING SIZE: (Large queen) with inflated dimensions of 152 x 203 x 48cm. Puncture…
- DURABLE DESIGN: Built with an extra thick, hard wearing and waterproof flocked top…
- FULL-BODY SUPPORT: This blow up bed is fitted with 35 structured air-coils to provide…
- Single size airbed with inflated dimensions of 99 x 187 x 46cm. Puncture repair kit…
- Extra thick, hard wearing and waterproof flocked top layer has been designed with…
- Blow up bed fitted with 21 structured air-coils for maximum support and durabili…
- 【Industry Leading Service】: You can try Missyee air mattress risk-free for 365…
- 【Large King Size】: Raised height airbed with inflated dimensions of 152 x 203…
- 【1-Click Pump】: An integrated easy-to-use pump quickly inflates to full firmness…
- Inflated Size: 191cm x 137cm x 22cm
- Convenient Both For Indoor And Outdoor Use
- Folds Easily For Storage And Travel
- Sidewinder™ AC Air Pump for easy inflation
- Pre-tested vinyl and sturdy coil-beam design
- Double air bed takes 160 seconds to inflate
- Compact and easy to store
- 2-in-1 valve, extra quick inflation and deflation
- With comfortable velour top layer
- Versatile use for unexpected moments: ideal for naps, visitors staying over, or when…
- Supports up to 661lbs/ 300kg: Individuals of different weight are supported depending…
- Fast 5 minute inflation: using the built-in 130W high-powered air pump, get suitable…
- Solid Customer Service: Comes with 12 months warranty from the date of its original…
- Built-In Electric Pump: Inflates and deflates in just 3 to 5 minutes. Sable's air…
- Exquisite Craftsmanship: Extra thick 0.6 mm flocked top lies on ecofriendly PVC;…
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/05/25 14:55 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Other reviews related to mattresses
Recommended Video about the best air mattresses
Further resources about air mattresses
- Which Mattress Type Is Best For You? | Dreams: Whatever your sleeping preference may be, we're sure to have the perfect mattress to suit. (source: www.dreams.co.uk)