Review10Best compares the best angle grinders in the UK and selects the one by BLACK+DECKER as the best angle grinder. In a angle grinder buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different angle grinders and see a recommendation on which angle grinder to buy in the UK in 2022. By considering the top list of angle grinders, you can find the best angle grinders and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate angle grinder buying guide
- View the angle grinder picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
If you enjoy DIY projects, buying the best angle grinder is a great investment. A versatile tool suitable for various tasks like cutting and grinding, and sanding, angle grinders make many DIY tasks quicker and easier. However, finding a good angle grinder can be difficult if you are unfamiliar with the power tool, so it helps to know what look for and what you might need from it.
Check out the buying guide below for all the tips and info you need to find the best angle grinders for your home projects:
What are angle grinders?
An angle grinder is a handheld power tool used predominately for cutting, grinding, and sanding materials. It can be powered by different sources, with electric, petrol, and compressed air angle grinders offering varying degrees of power.
Why should you buy a good angle grinder?
The best angle grinders come with a wide selection of cutters and attachments, allowing you to complete your DIY tasks with ease. Depending on the angle grinder, you can use it on all kinds of materials like woods, metals, plastics, and ceramics, so it’s a versatile tool for completing various DIY tasks.
How to choose the right angle grinder?
Here are some things to consider when looking for the best angle grinder:
- Disc Size: Larger discs are suitable for cutting thicker materials, so angle grinders with bigger discs are usually more powerful, with 9'' diameters being popular for this. However, a smaller disc size is better for precise cutting and grinding, so if precision is needed look for a disc size of around 4''. Bear in mind smaller discs don’t cut as deep though.
- Power: Most angle grinders measure power in wattage, so the higher this is the better it is for cutting thick materials like steel or concrete, while you will want more power when using the tool for long periods. If it's just for odd jobs around the house, don’t worry about getting the most powerful grinder.
- Safety Features: Like any power tool, operating an angle grinder comes with some safety risks, so always check what safety features are included to reduce the chances of an accident. For example, restart protection prevents it accidentally restarting if the power cuts and you mus first change the battery or plug it back in. Kickback protection prevents a kickback, which can occur if the disc gets jammed into a material. Some higher-end models even come with drop protection that automatically stops the tool when it’s dropped.
What is the best kind of angle grinder in the UK?
The most common types of angle grinders are listed in the following, each having certain pros and cons:
- Electric Angle Grinders: This type is the most popular, coming in various powers that make them suitable for DIY and professional work alike. Movement is somewhat restricted by the power cable though, so if you need more manoeuvrability then a battery-operated grinder may be better.
- Pneumatic Angle Grinders: The pneumatic variant is powered by compressed air, making lighter and easier to operate than an electric grinder. It’s suitable for moist environments due to the lack of mains power, while it starts and stops much quicker than electric models.
- Petrol Angle Grinders: The most powerful type of angle grinder, it’s powered by a petrol engine and can cut through very thick materials like concrete, pavers, and asphalt. They require more maintenance, however. Note, that they are usually too powerful for softer materials, so not really suited for most home projects.
Top 10 list of angle grinders in the UK (May 2022)
The bestseller list compares brands and their angle grinders. Which angle grinder is the best?
- Set of 5 cutting discs included
- Soft start reduces the movement of the tool on start-up ensuring
- 3 position Handle for 2 handed operation, additional control and safety during the…
- Double insulation
- Anti-restart function
- Soft start
- BUILT FOR SAFETY - disc safety cover and accidental restart prevention switch for…
- 115mm DISC: Useful working in confined spaces, with 2-position auxiliary Side Handle…
- 6 DISCS INCLUDED - supplied with 3pcs grinding discs and 2pcs cutting discs and 1pc…
- Double insulation
- Anti-restart function
- Soft start
- Widely used for metal rust cleaning, metal cutting, metal grinding, tile cutting,…
- Removable and forward canted side handle for greater control and comfort for both…
- Spindle lock for quicker and easier discs & accessories changing, trigger lock-on…
- WHAT YOU WILL GET: 1x Angle Grinder, 1x Side Handle, 2x Grinding Wheels, 2x Cutting…
- METAL WHEEL GUARD: The wheels can be easily changed in 30 seconds by pulling the…
- TWO HANDLE POSITIONS: There are positions on the left and right sides of the angle…
- 1 year manufacturer warranty with a further 2 years when registered within 30 days…
- Battery fuel gauge
- Removable dust covers
- Dewalt DCG405N 18V XR Brushless Angle Grinder 125mm With 1 x 4Ah Battery
- Spindle lock for easy accessory changing
- Easy to adjust tool-less wheel guard, No load speed (rpm): 7500
- Two stage non-lockable switch for enhanced user protection preventing accidental…
- DEWALT DCG405N 18V XR brushless angle Grinder 125mm with 2 x 5Ah batteries &…
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best angle grinders, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a angle grinder test. Last Update: 2022/05/17.