Review10Best looks at the best baby swings in the UK and selects the one by Ingenuity as the best baby swing. In a baby swing buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different baby swings and see a recommendation on which baby swing to buy in the UK in 2020. By considering the top list of baby swings, you can find the best baby swings and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate baby swing buying guide
- View the baby swing picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about baby swings
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Looking for the best baby swings for your children but are unsure what you need? It’s a common thing with new parents, as there are various types of baby swings to choose from and a few things to think about before you decide what’s best. So it helps to know what you need to make sure you get something suitable!
Check out this buying guide for all the information you need to find the best baby swing for your baby:
What are baby swings?
A baby swing, or baby bouncer, is a type of padded seat designed for infants. The seat portion of the swing is suspended by a robust frame, so when the child is placed there it begins to slowly rock. This motion is similar to a baby’s motion in the womb, helping to calm and soothe them as they rest.
Suitable for newborn babies up until around 9 months, but there are good baby swings designed for older infants too. Also different types of baby bouncers are available in a range of sizes.
Why should you buy a good baby swing?
The best baby bouncers make caring for your baby that bit easier. When placed in the chair, the rocking motion is very calming for most babies, so you can use it for somewhere them to nap or to help calm a cranky baby down! They are also easy to move around the home, letting you get on with some day to day chores while safe in the knowledge your baby is safe, secure, and comfortable.
How to choose the right baby swing?
Here are some things to think about to help you finding the best baby swing:
- Motion: Most swings tend to use a back and forth motion but some use a side to side motion, with some even letting you switch between each type. There are even a few newer models that include an up and down bouncing motion! Each one has its advantages, with it mostly being down to the baby’s preference, which is why having a few modes to choose from is useful.
- Safety: You want the swing to be as safe as possible, so there are some things to look for to ensure this. For instance, a strong, stable frame is always a must to avoid accidentally falling over, while the harness itself should be similarly robust, preferably being a five-point harness. Consider the chair materials and make sure its suitable for baby skin.
- Extra Features: While it may cost more, there are some extra features you may find handy, such as integrated music, vibration function, a mobile, and an auto timer.
What is the best kind of baby swing in the UK?
Here are some of the most popular types of baby swings available to buy:
- Full-Size Baby Swings: The biggest and most robust swings are full-size and tend to come with extra functions and several motion options. They do take up a lot more space, so bear this in mind.
- Portable Baby Swings: These smaller swings are compact and lightweight, so very easy to carry around the home as you do chores. Check the maximum weight though, as they have a smaller capacity.
- Glider Baby Swings: This swing has one of the most gentle motions and is generally very compact so can be moved around the home.
Top 10 list of baby swings in the UK (September 2020)
This top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their baby swings rank and which baby swing is the best.
- Weight Minimum : 2.73 kg
- Plush seat pad and removable head rest are easy to clean
- Pivoting toy bar for easy access to baby with 1 plush toy
- Dimensions of the entire swing: H - 119cm x W - 96cm x D - 146cm
- Dimensions of the chair: H - 47cm x W - 29cm x D - 32cm
- Robust powder-coated steel frame
- Compact structure
- Vibrating function
- Rocking mode with adjustable speed, remotely controlled
- 2 take-away toys will make baby smile
- Made to soothe and relax with 2-position recline
- Baby can tug and twist their soothing Taggies
- Battery operated
- Machine-washable cover
- Five point harness
- The seat is easy to instal, suspended by heavy duty rope and comes with a plastic…
- It has been constructed from hard plastic with a slight roughening on the inside…
- Well this Children's swing seat can be set up in your garden.
- Built-in Bluetooth Music & Remote ControlThis rocking chair has built-in 10 different…
- Removable Ceiling and Mosquito NetThis baby swing has a detachable roof and mosquito…
- Strong Aluminum Material & 5-Point Safety BeltThe safety of the baby is one of…
- Comfortable, padded soft seat with machine-washable seat pad
- Two dangling Rainforest Friends animal toys
- 10 tunes and two soothing nature sounds
- Safe guaranteeThe lightweight electric baby swing frame is made of thicken high density…
- Easy to operateFollowing instructions, the electric baby swing is easy to assemble…
- 2 methods of chargingThe electric baby swing is powered by a USB cable adapter or…
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a baby swing test. Last Update 2020/09/24 10:21 o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best baby swings