Review10Best compares the best backpacks in the UK and nominates the one by MATEIN as the best backpack. In our backpacks review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different backpacks and follow our recommendation on which backpack to buy in the UK in 2019. With the backpack comparison, you can be sure to buy the best backpack on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate backpack buying guide
- View our backpack picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to backpacks
- Watch recommended videos about backpacks
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
There are many things to consider when trying to find the best backpack for your needs. With so many shapes, sizes, and styles to choose from, it can feel rather overwhelming when trying to find that right backpack.
What are backpacks?
A backpack is a large bag that is worn over the shoulders, usually by two straps, and used to carry various items. While they can vary in size, backpacks tend to be on the larger side to ensure they can carry much more gear. This is because backpacks are usually designed to be used by hikers or students, both of which require a spacious bag to carry various types of items. So when looking for the best backpacks it’s important that they are able to carry heavier loads.
Why should you buy a good backpack?
The potential uses for a backpack are almost limitless, so there are very good reasons to invest in one. Simply put, if you need to regularly carry things around then a backpack is one of the best ways to do so. Whether you are using it for school or college, sports or outdoor activities, or simply taking belongings to and from work, you can be certain you have plenty of occasions where a good backpack in needed.
How to choose the right backpack?
To guarantee that you find the best backpack for your personal or travel needs, there are a number of features that should be considered before making your final decision:
- Capacity: Perhaps the most important thing to consider when looking for a backpack. Its capacity will determine how much use you can get from it. For example, a small backpack will offer around 10-20 liter capacity, which is great for everyday use but may not be good for traveling or hiking. In this case, a larger capacity of anywhere between 20 and 60 liters will be needed to ensure you have enough space.
- Uses: Knowing your main uses for the backpack should make finding a suitable option easier. The best backpack for you should offer many benefits. Be sure to think about what you plan on using it for: For instance, if you are going for a single-day hike then daypack will be the best backpack for the job, but if you are walking a trail and camping, an external frame backpack will be much more suitable.
- Fit: The best backpack for you should fit perfectly. This is very important as weight distribution will impact your ability to carry more weight and how it impacts your body, so you want a backpack that is designed to fit securely and offer the best possible support and compliment the natural range of motion of your body.
What is the best kind of backpack in the UK?
There are many types of backpacks that you can buy, all of which offer their own set of advantages. Here are some of the most popular types of backpacks and what they are best used for:
- Small Backpacks: Typically offering small capacities, these are the best backpacks for days out, children, or sporting activities such as cycling. They are lightweight and thus easy to carry. Still, they can hold plenty of useful items such as food, water bottles, umbrellas and waterproofs.
- Daypack Backpacks: With a capacity ranging from 10-30 liters, daypacks are one of the most widely used type of backpacks. As the name implies, they are the best backpacks for day trips, offering enough capacity to carry supplies needed for a single-day hike or walk. Larger size daypacks are available, too. They are better suited for a few days of traveling, such as weekend vacations or camping trips.
- Internal and External Frame Backpacks: The best backpack in terms of size and carrying capacity. They are notable for their frames that give additional stability for larger capacities. So, even when carrying large loads these backpacks are great for distributing weight to make it easier to carry. They can take heavy loads, making them ideal for longer hikes, trails, and backpacking, along with other activities such as climbing or skiing.
Top 10 list of backpacks in the UK (January 2020)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their backpacks rank and which backpack is the best.
- Perfect Travel Companion: A good choice on the go - Fashion laptop bag with sturdy…
- Superior Breathable Material: This laptop backpack 15.6 inch, made of durable polyester…
- USB Port Design: External USB charger port with built-in charging cable offers a…
- COMFORTABLE/ DURABLE -This mens travel backpack is made of water resistant and durable…
- USB CHARGING PORT DESIGN - With built in USB charger outside and built in charging…
- MULTIPLE POCKETS LARGE CAPACITY - Business laptop backpack has 3 MAIN pockets &…
- Suitable for hikes, backpacking trips and daily commute to work
- Side mesh pocket for water bottle and internal key ring
- Three zip sections on the front
- Due to different measure way, there is a certain size error, errorin about 1to 3…
- Lightweight and Durable.Adjustable padded shoulder straps for carrying comfort.
- Style:Vintage Canvas Backpack apply to school, take a walk, hiking, street shopping…
- Vans logo details on the Front
- Capacity: 22 litres
- Front zip pocket with organizer
- Versatile & Accessible - Come in black blue grey, having a volume of 30L and…
- Ultra Lightweight Backpack And Compact (0.78pounds) - Weighing less than a pound,…
- Comfortable & Outdoor Companion - Designed with comfort and function in mind.Breathable…
- Lightweight stylish backpack, perfect for school, travel, hiking, everyday use and…
- Large Capacity: one large zipper pocket with a laptop compartment; one front bottom…
- The pocket for the 13/14/15/16" laptop is padded, as well as the front flap…
- Adjustable shoulder straps
- Front pocket with zip fastening
- Large main compartment
- SUPERIOR MATERIAL: Made of black knitted fabric composite material with smooth, high-quality…
- COMFY & BREATHABLE: Comfortable airflow foam pad back design with thick, but…
- USB PORT: This USB backpack is more convenient for charging your phone. Connect your…
- Hydration system compatible, to keep you refreshed on the move
- Attachment points for walking poles
- Durable polyester fabric stays smart and scuff-free
i,ii Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2020/01/27 16:46 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program (case i) and Kelkoo Associates Program (case ii), a affiliate advertising programs that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon and other merchants. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Other reviews related to backpacks
Recommended Video about the best backpacks