Review10Best compares the best badminton rackets in the UK and selects the one by Senston as the best badminton racket. In a badminton racket buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different badminton rackets and see a recommendation on which badminton racket to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of badminton rackets, you can find the best badminton rackets and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate badminton racket buying guide
- View the badminton racket picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Finding the best badminton racket can be difficult for first-time buyers. While it may not seem that important, the type of racket you buy will significantly impact your playing ability and style, so it’s always worth taking the time to find the perfect racket for your preferences. Of course, this can be challenging when there are so many products and brands to choose from, which is where this handy buying guide can help. Below you will find all the information that you need to know to find the best badminton rackets:
What are badminton rackets?
A badminton racket (or racquet) is used to play badminton, a popular racquet sport that involves hitting a shuttlecock back and forth over a net. The racket is designed to be lightweight, usually featuring a carbon fibre frame, and features an open hoop with tightly woven strings to hit the shuttlecock with varying levels of speed, power, and accuracy.
Why should you buy a good badminton racket?
The best badminton racket will significantly improve your ability to play the game. With the right racket, you can expect better control, power, and accuracy when making clears and smashes, ensuring you can manoeuvre the shuttlecock better than ever. We all have different preferences when it comes to the right badminton racket, so it’s important to buy one that suits your unique requirements!
How to choose the right badminton racket?
Trying to find the best badminton racket is not always easy, especially for first-time buyers, so here are some things to consider when buying:
- Frame: Badminton racket frames come with varying levels of flexibility, so always check this to see it if meets your preferences. More flexibility means a lighter touch when playing, which is recommended for most beginners and casual players. A stiff frame is best left for more experienced players, as it offers more accuracy and power but these techniques are more challenging with less playing experience.
- Balance: There are three types of badminton rackets, each one being categorised by their balance which impacts the style of play. For example, a heavy head racket is all about power play from the backcourt, a headlight racket offers fast movements so is preferred for doubles play, and an even balanced racket offers a middle ground between speed and power.
- Weight: Badminton rackets come in different weight sizes, so it helps to know what these are and how they influence your play. For instance, the two most common weight categories are 3U and 4U. The lighter weights are recommended for newer players as it is easy to move and control, after which you can progress to a heavier weight for added power.
What is the best kind of badminton racket in the UK?
There are three types of badminton racket available to buy, each one determining the balance and style of play it offers.
- Heavy Head Rackets: Favouring the head of the racket, this type offers the most striking power of any racket due to the heavier weight in the racket head, making it popular for experienced players playing at the back of the court.
- Head Light Rackets: With a lighter head and heavier handle, headlight rackets provide excellent speed and manoeuvrability, making it the best badminton racket for playing doubles. That said, many singles players use this type of racket too, although good speed and technique are essential when playing this style.
- Even Balance Rackets: As the name suggests, an even balance badminton racket has a balanced weight throughout the racket, offering a good balance of speed and power. This is a great all-rounder, offering speed, power, accuracy, and manoeuvrability, so it is recommended for most beginners. That said, if you are an advanced player with good technique, you may find this type lacking in speed or power compared to other types.
Top 10 list of badminton rackets in the UK (February 2021)
The top 10 list shows how brands and their badminton rackets compare. Which badminton racket is the best?
- High Cost Performance - Including 2 Badminton Racket, 2 Badminton(Random Color),…
- LARGE SWEET SPOT - High-Tech Frame Design, The Isometric Square Head Shape Has More…
- UNIQUE PYRAMID FRAME RIM - Minimize the Resistance to Swing design accords with air…
- Dunlop Nanomax Pro Badminton Rackets x 2 + 3 Shuttles (Red / Black)
- Contents: Wilson badminton Set, Set 4, unisex, Incl. 4 rackets, 3 shuttlecocks, 1…
- Bag with straps, Ideal for carrying everything you need to training
- grip size 3 (circumference: 8.57cm), Suitable for right- and left-handed people
- String Tension: 16-20lbs; Grip Size: G4; Frame Composition: Muscle Power frame; Protective…
- Muscle Power technology to prevent power loss and improve energy transfer; Strung…
- Balance: Even; Length: 26.4" (670mm); Flex: Stiff
- Frame Material: Graphite; Grip: Yonex PU Grip; Grip Size: G4;
- Flex: Hi-flex; String Tension: 19-24lbs; 3/4 Cover Included;
- Shaft: Graphite/Nanomesh + Carbon Nanotube; Length: 26. 7” (680mm);
- Grip Size: U (95-99.9g) G4
- Aluminium Shaft
- Standard model for light, easy handling
- Flex: Stiff; Strung with BG3 String; Shaft: Steel; Head Cover Included
- Length: 26.4” (670mm); Frame Material: Aluminium
- Balance: Even; String Tension: 19-24lbs; Grip Size: G4
- PACKAGE INCLUDES: High Cost Performance of Badminton Racket, with Premium Quality…
- APPLICATION: This Racket is Perfect for Beginner and Casual Entertainment, Family…
- SPECIAL DESIGN: High-Tech Frame Design, The Isometric Square Head Shape Has More…
- Model number: BRYN03
- Shaft: Graphite + Nano mesh + Carbon Nanotube
- Frame: Aluminium
* Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a badminton racket test. Last Update 2021/02/24 16:34 o'clock.