Review10Best compares the best belt sanders in the UK and selects the one by Bosch Home and Garden as the best belt sander. In a belt sander buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different belt sanders and see a recommendation on which belt sander to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of belt sanders, you can find the best belt sanders and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate belt sander buying guide
- View the belt sander picks and see how they rank in the top list
Go to the ranking →
(skip buying guide)
The best belt sanders will make short work of tough and large surface areas, so it’s a great tool to have for anyone planning on extensive renovations or some ongoing DIY projects around the home. However, choosing the right belt sander can be challenging if you are unsure of what you need, with all kinds of considerations to be made before you choose anything.
To help with the buying process, check out the handy guide below, which covers all the useful information you need to find the best belt sander for your needs.
What are belt sanders?
A belt sander, also called a strip sander, is a type of power tool used to sand and strip materials, most commonly wood. It features a large electric motor that rotates two large drums attached with sandpaper, providing a continuous loop for fast and efficient sanding.
Why should you buy a good belt sander?
A good belt sander is the most powerful sanding tool available, making it ideal for all kinds of tasks around the home and workshop. Whether you are a DIY fanatic or have some renovation projects at home, a quality belt sander is highly recommended as it provides unrivalled power, making it ideal for those harder surfaces. Moreover, because the tool is large and powerful, it makes short work of large surface areas. This allows to you effectively sand and shape materials much quicker compared to using smaller sanding tools.
How to choose the right belt sander?
Here are some things to think about to help you choose the best belt sanders:
- Size: Belt sanders come in different sizes and the larger the sanding strip the more surface area it covers in a single pass, so always check the size and consider if it is suitable for your needs. The two most common sizes are 3 x 21” and 4 x 24”, the latter being the largest available and recommended for tasks that involve a massive surface area, like a countertop or door.
- Stationary or Handheld: Belt sanders are available as both stationary and handheld tools, each one offering their own advantages. Stationary sanders are secured in place and the materials are brought to the machine, reducing portability but offering a much larger belt, making it ideal for bigger projects that require lots of sanding. Handheld sanders are perfect for odd jobs around the home, with portability making them a versatile tool. You can sand, smoothen, and trim all kinds of surfaces as needed, with the tool being suitable for use on various types of materials.
- Speed Settings: The best belt sanders come with variable speed settings, allowing you to adjust the speed of the belt to suit different requirements. Having high-speed settings is useful because you make fewer passes so save a lot of time, making it especially handy when working on large surface areas. Lower speeds are necessary though, as some surfaces require a different rate of grind, so don’t overlook the importance of having variable speed settings.
What is the best kind of belt sander in the UK?
There several types of belt sanders available to buy:
- Stationary Belt Sanders: Also known as a benchtop sander, this type of sander is bolted in place with the materials brought to the machine for sanding. While less mobile and portable, stationary sanders come with bigger belt sizes so are the best option for working on large surface areas.
- Handheld Belt Sanders: This type of belt sander is portable like most other power tools, offering more flexibility than its stationary counterpart. Available in both corded and cordless designs, this type of sander is recommended for most DIY projects and odd jobs around the house, thus being suitable for a wide array of tasks.
Top 10 list of belt sanders in the UK (January 2021)
The top 10 list shows how brands and their belt sanders compare. Which belt sander is the best?
- Compact design, improved manageability and handling of the tool
- Can also be used for stationary work. Robust housing – high quality and stability…
- Manual belt alignment is not required as the belt is automatically held in the correct…
- Attention Please - The sanding belts can be removed and replaced using a tension-release…
- Enjoy Your Work - With self-locking switch, there is no need to hold the button for…
- Giving You Just What You Need - It is equipped with one more rubber belt and pair…
- 10pcs Sandpaper Apart from 1xTilswall Belt Sander, 1 x Dust Extraction Bag, 2 x…
- Lock Switch & High Perfermance Dust CollectionOne of the best thing is locking…
- Excellent Belt TrackingTool-free Tracking Adjustmen, auto tracking mechanism can…
- DIMENSIONS - 400x310x260, 10.5kg weight
- SAFETY FEATURES – Including a NVR magnetic safety switch and danger restart…
- POWERFUL – Runs at 250W and 2980RPM to get the job done.
- (Humanized design) - The handle and auxiliary handle are wrapped with rubber to…
- (Bench & Belt Sander) - Jellas belt sander with 2 metal screw clamps, it can…
- (Efficient dust removal) - The dust collecting bag is detachable, can be easily…
- Lever action belt change mechanism for quick and easy accessory changing
- Dust extraction bag for a cleaner working environment
- Automatic belt tracking to keep the sanding belt in place
- Ideal for sanding, deburring, weld descaling & shaping mortices & wooden…
- For intricate sanding in difficult-to-access areas
- Quick belt tensioning system
- Includes 1 sanding belt
- Dust extraction system and dust bag
- Exact belt position with precision adjustment
- 2 angle vacuum cleaner connections that can be connected without any problems
- Dust-free switch for extra-long life span
- The rubber feet offer good stability
* Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a belt sander test. Last Update 2021/01/16 10:18 o'clock.