Review10Best compares the best body lotions in the UK and selects the one by Vaseline as the best body lotion. In a body lotion buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different body lotions and see a recommendation on which body lotion to buy in the UK in 2023. By considering the top list of body lotions, you can find the best body lotions and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate body lotion buying guide
- View the body lotion picks and see how they rank in the top list
Finding the best body lotions for your skin type can be difficult. Not everyone knows what type of skin they have and what the best body lotion is for this, leading many to buy the wrong product that doesn’t benefit their skin. To help you find the right lotions, check out the body lotion buying guide below:
What are body lotions?
A body lotion is a low-viscosity skincare product applied to the body to rehydrate the skin. Made with a wide combination of ingredients, most body lotions cater to different skin types, while the lotion may provide additional benefits like soothing hard and callused skin.
Why should you buy a good body lotion?
The best body lotion is a great addition to any skincare routine. It provides nourishment and hydration for the body, alleviating things like dry and calloused skin, leaving it looking supple and better than ever. Sometimes people have dry skin throughout the body, in which case a good body cream can alleviate the symptoms such as itchiness and discomfort. It also helps to soften the skin in rougher areas like the elbows, knees, and heels.
Plus, the smell and feel of most lotions are very pleasant, so you generally feel much better after applying it.
How to choose the right body lotion?
You need to make sure you choose the best lotion that is suitable for your needs, so here are things to help find the right product:
- Skin: If you are unsure of your skin type then it’s most likely normal, in which case most body lotions should be fine. However, if you suffer from dry skin then you may want to choose a lotion that offers an extra moisturising, whereas people with oily skin will want to avoid ingredients that clog pores. Sensitive skin types benefit from hypoallergenic lotions with fewer ingredients.
- Ingredients: The best body lotions tend to use all-natural ingredients, so it’s worth to check the ingredients to make sure there is nothing that might be harsh to the skin. For instance, ammonia derivatives can be quite harsh while it is best to avoid lotions with sulphur and hydroquinone.
- Volume: As it’s being applied to the entire body, it’s worth looking at the volume of any lotion you’re thinking of buying. If the lotion is expensive and comes with a low volume then it may not be cost-effective to use as part of your daily skincare routine. It’s important to find the balance between quality and affordability.
What is the best kind of body lotion in the UK?
Here are some of the best-selling body lotions available to buy:
- Body Lotions for Normal Skin: A body lotion for normal skin has a good balance of ingredients to moisturise the body but may have certain ingredients that are too harsh for dry or sensitive skin. They come in a nice range of pleasant fragrances too.
- Body Lotions for Dry Skin: A lotion for dry skin comes with additional moisturising effects, providing relief from dry skin such as itchiness. They usually feature ingredients like petrolatum and mineral oils, which help the skin hold more water to keep it hydrated.
- Body Lotions for Sensitive Skin: Not to be confused with dry skin, body lotions for sensitive skin don’t need to address a lack of moisture like dry skin, but provide carefully selected ingredients that are less likely to cause irritations like red patches.
Top 10 list of body lotions in the UK (January 2023)
The bestseller list compares brands and their body lotions. Which body lotion is the best?
- Our body lotion moisturises deeply to restore dry and dull-looking skin to reveal…
- Vaseline Cocoa Radiant body lotion contains 100% pure cocoa butter and a rich formula…
- This fragrant body lotion contains micro-droplets of Vaseline Jelly to lock in m…
- Vaseline Intensive Care Advanced Repair dry skin moisturiser has been awarded the…
- Vaseline Advanced Repair body lotion relieves stubborn dry patches and absorbs quickly…
- This unscented body lotion contains micro-droplets of Vaseline Jelly to lock in…
- Remove pump to recycle bottle, only bottle recyclable
- Our products are mineral oil free, ensuring every drop of oil works to enrich and…
- Formulated with 95% ingredients of natural origin and suitable for all skin types,…
- DERMATOLOGICALLY TESTED Garnier Shea Butter Body Lotion is dermatologically test…
- NON-GREASY Rich and nourishing texture that is fast-absorbing, non-greasy and no…
- SOOTHING This Intensive 7 Days formula is enriched with shea butter, known for its…
- For dry skin: The NIVEA body moisturiser is especially suitable for dry to very dry…
- How to apply: Apply the NIVEA lotion daily to the whole body and massage into the…
- Deep moisture: The moisturising lotion with Deep Moisture Serum, Natural Almond Oil,…
- A rich and creamy lotion that absorbs quickly.
- Skin feels softer and more supple day after day.
- Enriched with 3 treasures from the beehive: Royal Jelly, Propolis & Honey.
- Light melt-in lotion with a floral fragrance.
- Skin feels incredibly soft and stay feeling protected day after day.
- Enriched with Oat Milk and White Almond Cream.
- Garnier Shea Butter body lotion is dermatologically tested
- Rich and nourishing texture that is fast-absorbing, non-greasy and non-sticky
- This Intensive 7 Days formula is enriched with Shea Butter, known for its soothing…
- A light, melt-in lotion for quick absorption.
- Skin looks supple and more beautiful day after day.
- Enriched with Camellia Oil and Argan Oil.
- Skin feels soft and supple for up to 24 hours.
- Rough areas feel smoothed and skin is soothed from discomfort and tightness.
- Enriched with Maple Sap, renowned for its soothing properties.
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best body lotions, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a body lotion test. Last Update: 2023/01/27.