Review10Best looks at the best body washes for sensitive skin in the UK and selects the one by Aveeno as the best body wash. In a body wash for sensitive skin buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different body washes and see a recommendation on which body wash for sensitive skin to buy in the UK in 2020. By considering the top list of body washes, you can find the best body washes for sensitive skin and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate body wash for sensitive skin buying guide
- View the body wash for sensitive skin picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about body washes for sensitive skin
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
The best body wash for sensitive skin varies from person to person. Some require gentle solutions to prevent the skin drying while others require hypoallergenic products to avoid their skin from breaking out, which can make finding the right body wash for sensitive skin quite the challenge. To help you with the process, check out the handy buying guide below. It has all the information you need to know to find the best body washes, including why you might need it, things to look for when buying, and what types of products are available.
What are body washes for sensitive skin?
Body wash for sensitive skin is a type of liquid cleanser designed for use on sensitive skin. When applied to the skin, the body wash cleanses without causing any irritations like itching, rashes, and other skin blemishes The ingredients use vary from product to product, although most avoid using anything too harsh, instead of using gentle ingredients that prevent severe reactions. For example, normal body washes often use artificial ingredients to create pleasant fragrances, with many body washes for sensitive skin being fragrance-free.
Why should you buy a good body wash for sensitive skin?
Anyone that has sensitive skin often finds it difficult to use standard body wash products. This is because they contain various ingredients that are too harsh for sensitive skin, causing irritations, outbreaks, blemishes, etc.
Therefore, if you have sensitive skin it is highly recommended that you buy a suitable body wash to keep the skin feeling clean without any problems. For instance, if your skin often dries out from normal body wash, a good body wash for sensitive skin with added moisturiser is a great way to avoid drying.
How to choose the right body wash for sensitive skin?
It helps to know what problem your skin has to ensure you choose the best body wash. Most body washes for sensitive skins are marketed towards certain conditions (e.g. dry and itchy skin). We suggest to consider the following aspects to find a suitable product:
- Skin Sensitivity: Sensitive skin covers a range of issues, so it’s important to identify what type of sensitivity you have so that you can choose an appropriate body wash. For some, the problem is dry and itchy skin, others suffer from bumps and rashes, while many feel burning or stinging sensations from certain products.
- Ingredients: Most quality body washes for sensitive skin avoid using harsh ingredients including various chemicals and preservatives, yet you should still check for anything too harsh when buying. Common ingredients to avoid include alcohols, sulphates, parabens, and artificial fragrances. Consider choosing products that use all-natural ingredients, as these tend to be much gentler on the skin.
- pH Balance: One common issue with normal body washes is that they are not pH balanced, causing irritations to the skin, which has a neutral pH balance requiring something similar from a body wash. So, a simple way to find a good body wash for sensitive skin is to check for pH balanced products, with anything between 4.5 and 5.5 being suitable.
What is the best kind of body wash for sensitive skin in the UK?
There are several types of body wash for sensitive skin available including:
- Hypoallergenic Body Washes: This type of body wash is designed for sensitive skin that is prone to allergic reactions, which is common with certain chemical ingredients, although it may occur with natural ingredients, too, depending on your allergies. This is the best body wash for skin that is prone to breaking out in rashes or blemishes.
- Fragrance-Free Body Washes: While many body washes for sensitive skin use natural ingredients like essential oils to produce a pleasant fragrance, these can still cause irritations to sensitive skin. Fragrance-free body washes are great for avoiding these problems while still leaving you fresh and clean.
- Moisturising Body Washes: These types of body washes for sensitive skin contain high volumes of emollients and humectants to help rehydrate skin and keep moisture locked in, making it ideal for skin that is prone to drying.
Top 10 list of body washes for sensitive skin in the UK (October 2020)
This top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their body washes for sensitive skin rank and which body wash is the best.
- Dermatologist tested, fragrance free & Soap free
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Suitable for very dry skin
- For Dry and Sensitive Skin - This body wash is for normal to dry and sensitive skin…
- Helps Maintain the Skin's Natural Microbiome - Its distinct formula with colloidal…
- Leaves Dry and Sensitive Skin Feeling Moisturised - Aveeno Daily Moisturising Body…
- Shower oil Unisex 1000 milliliters
- Weight: 1000 milliliters
- Bath & Shower - hpc: shower oil
- GIVE THE GIFT OF HYDRATION: Too often, people believe that a formula created specifically…
- MADE IN THE EU: We produce this hydrating body wash right here in the EU from ingredients…
- FULL-SPECTRUM CARE: If you’re looking to eliminate eczema, relieve your psoriasis…
- Suitable for vegans
- pH skin balanced
- Gently cleanses and cares for the skin
- Skin Balanced – Shower gel is pH Skin Balanced. Skin compatibility dermatologically…
- Method of Application – Simply dispense the desired amount of sensitive shower…
- Bamboo Extract – The Bamboo Extract in our sensitive men's shower gel delivers…
- This natural Defence products do not contain: parabens, sulphates (SLS SLES), synthetic…
- Vegan-friendly and Cruelty free Certified
- Soothes the senses with the subtle woodsman fragrance
- Alternative for Hand Wash
- When using simple showergel and nourishing showergel massage over your skin to form…
- A nourishing bodywash and showergel ideal for even sensitive skin
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a body wash for sensitive skin test. Last Update 2020/10/20 18:30. o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best body washes for sensitive skin