Review10Best compares the best body washes in the UK and nominates the one from Johnson & Johnson as the best body wash. In our body washes review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different body washes and follow our recommendation on which body wash to buy in the UK in 2019. With the body wash comparison, you can be sure to buy the best body wash on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate body wash buying guide
- View our body wash picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about body washes
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Looking for the best body wash you can find? It’s often easier said than done when you consider all the options available. Different products are suitable for different skin types, while some people have personal preferences when it comes to scents and ingredients. So finding the best body washes can take some research.
What are body washes?
A body wash is a liquid substance applied across the body to clean the skin. They come with various fragrances and properties, while certain body wash products are designed to treat certain skin types, such as dry and sensitive skin.
Why should you buy a good body wash?
A great body wash cleanses the skin and leaves behind a pleasant fragrance. Better still, body wash products are very versatile, with some capable of washing your entire body and hair, while others can moisturize the skin as it cleanses it. If you like to stay fresh and clean, there’s no denying a body wash is a must-have product.
How to choose the right body wash?
Determining the best body wash can take some time, so it helps to know what properties to look for and what you need from your body wash. Here are some things to consider:
- Skin Type: By knowing your skin type it makes it much easier to find a suitable body wash that won’t irritate your skin. Oily skin results in greasy texture over the face, dry skin often feels tight and dull, while combination skin has aspects of both oily and dry skin. There are body washes designed for every type of skin, so try to establish what your skin type is when looking for a quality body wash.
- Versatility: Some feel the best body wash is one that covers your entire cleaning regiment. For instance, a body wash that can be used to wash your face, hair, and body is very versatile, saving you having to invest in different products.
- Ingredients: The best body washes tend to feature natural ingredients. These are great for cleaning the skin without causing any irritations, which can often be the case with chemical ingredients that upset the natural pH balance of the skin. Try to figure out if any ingredients irritate your skin and make sure to avoid them in any body wash you buy. If this isn’t a concern, look for ingredients that benefit your skin, such as moisturizing agents.
What is the best kind of body wash in the UK?
Looking for the best body wash you can but aren’t sure the difference between each type? Here’s what you need to know:
- Organic Body Wash: Organic and natural ingredients produce a very nourishing body wash for the skin. With no harsh chemical ingredients, this is the best body wash for sensitive skin.
- Moisturising Body Wash: One of the best body wash products for dry skin, they feature a high concentration of moisturizing agents that restore moisture to your skin.
- Exfoliating Body Wash: A great body wash for removing dry and dead skin cells, exfoliating body washes leave the skin feeling much softer and smoother.
- Tanning Body Wash: These body washes offer tanning properties that can leave a darker hue to the skin, working like self-tanning sprays and creams.
- Multi-Use Body Wash: The best body wash in terms of versatility. These products can provide a range of properties that work to clean multiple parts of your body, such as your face and hair.
Top 10 list of body washes in the UK (May 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their body washes rank and which body wash is the best.
- Dermatologically tested
- Formulated with naturally active oat essence
- Soothes dry and sensitive skin
- Dermatologically tested and approved
- Simple goodness
- No artificial perfume or colour and no harsh chemicals
- A shower cleanser and nourishing body wash with a mild, gentle formula is kind to…
- Shower gels that helps maintain your skin's moisture barrier as you cleanse
- A moisturising shower gel that nourishes deep into the surface layers of the ski…
- Packaging May Vary
- Vegan and Cruelty Free
- Free from Parabens and SLS
- Apricot and honey scented and leaves skin feeling velvety soft.
- Enriched with naturally active colloidal oatmeal and nutrient rich yogurt concen…
- Gently cleanses and revitalises skin.
- for dry skin.
- Supercharge your style and kick-start your day
- A male shower gel dermatologically tested
- A Lynx body wash and shower gels has a lasting fragrance that makes a lasting im…
- Economical in-use: one drop sufficient to wash face and hands, Good skin toleran…
- Panthenol regenerates the skin,Unique after washing feeling - skin feels clean, soft…
- Natural moisturizers, Allantoin and Pentavitin leave skin soft and smooth
- Pack of 3
- Clean crisp scent
- Dermatologically approved
- Helps increase natural energy levels
- Ginger & Clay Naturally removes body's built up toxins
- Also contains, Aloe vera, shea butter and vitamin E nourish and moisturize
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/05/23 09:10 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best body washes