Review10Best compares the best bread bins in the UK and selects the one by Brabantia as the best bread bin. In a bread bin buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different bread bins and see a recommendation on which bread bin to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of bread bins, you can find the best bread bins and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate bread bin buying guide
- View the bread bin picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
The best bread bins keep your bread and baked goods fresher for longer, making it a worthwhile addition to any kitchen. However, there is a surprising amount of choice when it comes to bread bins, which can make it difficult to choose the right one for your kitchen. To help you find the best bread bin, we’ve created a handy buying guide that covers all the useful information you need to know, including what to look for and which types of bread bins are available. Check it out below.
What are bread bins?
A bread bin is a container used to store bread and other baked goods. Typically made from wood or metal, bread bins vary in shape and size, with most being designed to hold at least one loaf of bread along with some other baked goods.
Why should you buy a good bread bin?
The best bread bins provide the perfect storage for bread and baked goods. As a dark and dry space, bread remains fresher for longer when using a bread bin, especially if using it to store homemade bread that does not have a plastic wrap to keep it fresh. Moreover, most bread bins offer lots of storage space for additional items like rolls, pastries, cakes and all kinds of popular baked goods. This makes it useful for keeping your kitchen organised and avoiding too much clutter gathering on worktops.
How to choose the right bread bin?
Here are some things to consider when buying a good bread bin:
- Capacity: Bread bins vary in size so always check this to make sure it is big enough for your needs. It helps to think about how much bread and other baked goods you tend to store throughout the week, as you can choose a suitable size to accommodate this. Also, consider the size of the bread bin relative to where it is being placed, as you don’t want it to be too large to fit.
- Material: Bread bins are usually made from metal or wood, while plastic is another common option. While it may not seem too important, you should consider the material when buying as it impacts the durability of the container and the overall aesthetic. For instance, a metal bread bin looks sleek and modern while being durable. Wooden bins offer a more rustic aesthetic and provide better ventilation but they are heavier and more challenging to clean. Plastic is durable and easy to clean but does draw in moisture so is not the best option.
- Lid: The lid design of a bread bin does influence its functionality so always make sure to check this before you buy. For example, the classic roll-top lid is easy to use and saves space by rolling back inside of the container. A flip-top or flip forward lid is a good choice for rounder loaves and rolls while removable lids offer the best seal to keep the contents dry and unwanted pests out.
What is the best kind of bread bin in the UK?
Here are some of the most popular types of bread bins available to buy:
- Roll-Top Bread Bins: A roll-top bread bin features a retractable lid that goes inside of the container when opened, being one of the most common designs for a bread bin. This helps save space and offers a great seal for storing.
- Flip Bread Bins: This type of bread bin features a lid that flips either forwards or backwards. It is usually made from metal and is the best bread bin for storing freshly baked loaves, although it may not be ideal for a wider variety of baked goods.
- Bread Bins with Removable Lids: Bread bins with removable lids provide an excellent seal so will keep food fresher for longer. It requires a bit more effort to remove and is quite heavy, so may not be the most convenient.
Top 10 list of bread bins in the UK (May 2021)
The bestseller list compares brands and their bread bins. Which bread bin is the best?
- Made from durable corrosion resistant materials - polychrome or steel plate; Brabantia…
- Base with knobbly pattern for proper ventilation
- Hanging eyes provided and plastic rims to protect edges
- Easy clean and comes with a 2-year warranty
- The beautifully styled Nordic range is inspired by Scandinavian design, it combines…
- In a beautiful, neutral, Cotton White with soft touch finish, and a sturdy, secure…
- Combine the range to add elegance and glamour to your kitchen worktop
- Famed Typhoon quality
- Contrasting bamboo lid
- Ideal for saving space
- Easy wipe clean
- size 38 x 25 x 36cm
- Hand wash only
- Non stick base
- Reversible bamboo cutting board lid with practical crumb-catching grooves
- Complementary colour matching exterior
- Measurements of 39 x 27 x 19 cm, ideal for large sized loaves
- High quality stainless steel body offers enhanced durability
- WHY BUY OUR BREADBIN? Have you ever bought bread, only to have it go stale or soggy…
- END CRAZY CLUTTER AND CLEAR YOUR COUNTERS - Having all of those loaves and buns…
- BUILT TO LAST - Don't just buy another breadBin that might be rickety, flimsy, or…
- Addis branded
- Available in a range of products & colours
- Rounded edges/ corners
- PERFECT MEASUREMENTS: With dimensions of 23.5 cm x 36.2 cm x 14.0 cm, the worktop…
- HIGH-QUALITY MATERIAL: The kitchen food storage box is made of durable metal with…
- VERSATILE: The large compartment of the bread crock not only provides space for bread…
- DIMENSION: The bread bin approx. measures 42.5 x 22.5 x 17.5 cm, large enough to…
- EASY TO CLEAN: The bread bin extremely easy to clean and maintain. Simply wipe clean…
- HIGH QUALITY: The Calitek Square Bread Bin is made from high quality coated steel.…
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best bread bins, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a bread bin test. Last Update: 2021/05/16.