Review10Best looks at the best bread makers in the UK and selects the one by Russell Hobbs as the best bread maker. In a bread maker buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different bread makers and see a recommendation on which bread maker to buy in the UK in 2020. By considering the top list of bread makers, you can find the best bread makers and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate bread maker buying guide
- View the bread maker picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about bread makers
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Looking for the best bread maker machine for your home? It’s a very useful appliance and if you choose the right one you can expect to make delicious homemade bread for years to come. But how exactly do you choose a good bread maker? Check out the handy buying guide below for more info!
What are bread makers?
A bread maker is a home appliance that makes bread from raw ingredients. It features various components in a single unit, including a pan, paddle, and small oven. Simply add the necessary ingredients and choose a setting on the machine and it makes the bread for you!
The raw ingredients rest inside the machine to reach the ideal temperature, then the paddle helps to combine into a dough that is ready to bake, at which point the oven turns on and starts to bake the bread.
Why should you buy a good bread maker?
If you buy the best bread maker then you can make delicious homemade bread with ease. Simply add the ingredients into the appliance, push a few buttons, and then wait a couple of hours for your bread to finish baking. It’s so quick and convenient, letting you easily make homemade bread, which is always fresher and tastier than store-bought loaves of bread!
How to choose the right bread maker?
Unsure how to choose the best bread makers? Consider some of these things to help you choose the right product:
- Size and Weight: A bread maker will take up valuable space in your kitchen so think about the overall size and weight of the machine. Make sure it can fit on your worktops or a cupboard and avoid anything too heavy if you plan on taking it in and out of storage.
- Control Panel: All bread makers come with some sort of control panel, although some come with more advanced features than others, such as a delayed timer and pre-programmed settings for different kinds of bread, so always look to see what type of functions it allows.
- Baking Options: Check how many different baking options the bread maker offers, as some can be surprisingly versatile. For instance, bread makers with fast bake functions are great for people that don’t have much time to wait for their bread to bake. Lots of bread makers let you bake different types of bread (like wholemeal), change the size of the bread, and vary the thickness and colour of the crust.
What is the best kind of bread maker in the UK?
There are a few options when it comes to types of bread makers:
- Fast-Bake Bread Maker: As the name suggests, this type of bread maker can make bread much quicker than others, usually in under an hour.
- Gluten-Free Bread Maker: This type of bread maker comes with a gluten-free bread option, which isn’t common on all machines.
- Vertical Bread Maker: Bakes loaves in a vertical position, producing a loaf of bread that square and vertical with a soft top and harder body.
- Horizontal Bread Maker: Bakes loaves horizontally rather than vertically, resulting in a traditionally shaped loaf you’d buy in a shop or bakery.
Top 10 list of bread makers in the UK (October 2020)
This top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their bread makers rank and which bread maker is the best.
- Dishwasher safe non-stick pan & kneading blades
- 3 crust options
- 13 hr delay bake timer
- 13 hour delay timer for over night baking
- Fastbake - bake a loaf in under 50 minutes
- Instruction manual contains gluten free recipes
- General information: 600 watts. - Size H30, W28.5, D40.5cm.
- Add ingredients signal. - 60 minutes keep warn function - Viewing window to monitor…
- Features: Adjustable crust control: light or dark - Non-stick bread pan and kneading…
- Jam and Compote Modes
- Diamond-Fluro-Coated Bread Pan - No more sticky pans and scratchproof!
- Loaf Size & Darkness Options - Making the perfect bread couldn't be simpler,…
- Viewing window on the lid provides you with a clear view of the loaf without having…
- Features a non-stick bread pan that can be removed and makes easy work of cleaning…
- The 13-hour programmable timer is easy to use and will get your loaf to the right…
- 900g total capacity
- Power: 220-240V / 50 Hz / 550W
- Makes 700g or 900g of bread; choose light, medium or dark
- Power Supply: 230/240V; Power Consumption [Max.][W]: 550W
- 100% gluten free bread mode; Includes measuring Cup (310ml)
- Dimensions [mm]: Width 260 x Height 370 x Depth 390
- Capacity - strong flour for a loaf max 600 g / min 400 g, strong flour for a dough…
- The rustic scone mode allows you to bake the scones, savoury or sweet
- Makes sour dough rise and enhance the flavour of your bread
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a bread maker test. Last Update 2020/10/26 01:51. o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best bread makers