Review10Best compares the best built-in microwaves in the UK and selects the one by Russell Hobbs as the best microwave. In a built-in microwave buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different microwaves and see a recommendation on which built-in microwave to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of microwaves, you can find the best built-in microwaves and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate built-in microwave buying guide
- View the built-in microwave picks and see how they rank in the top list
Go to the ranking →
(skip buying guide)
A built-in microwave is an alternative to a counter-top model and adds style and function to your kitchen. If you are looking for the best built-in microwave then be sure to check out our comprehensive buying guide! It covers all the information that you need to know to find the best integrated microwaves.
What are built-in microwaves?
A built-in microwave is a type of microwave that is integrated into a kitchen cabinet or above a cooker. This makes it less visible, often completely hidden from view, providing a sleek and subtle style that looks great in any kitchen. Beyond this, they function entirely the same as a standard microwave.
Why should you buy a good built-in microwave?
The best built-in microwave adds style and function to your kitchen. Not only do you get the benefits of being able to cook all sorts of food in the microwave, but you also get one of the most stylish fixtures in a kitchen, adding a sleek aesthetic that integrates with the rest of your kitchen décor. Plus, it’s great for kitchens with little counter space, as the microwave is integrated into a cabinet or above the cooker!
How to choose the right built-in microwave?
Struggling to find the best integrated microwave? Then there are a few things to consider before you buy a new microwave:
- Size: As the microwave is integrated into one of your existing cabinets, you’ll need to consider the size of the microwave and make sure it’s suitable for where it is going to be installed. The last thing you want is for it not to fit into your cabinet space.
- Power: Just like with any microwave you will want to consider the power output. Measured in watts, powerful models tend to be above 1000W and come with an E energy-rating. More power means less time cooking, although it may increase the size of the microwave so bear in mind if tight on space.
- Features: The best built-in microwaves come with a variety of features, such as auto-cooking, reheating, defrosting, and one-touch cooking for popular foods. Some also have additional functions like grilling and steaming, which can be a great investment if you lack space and want a versatile cooking appliance.
What is the best kind of built-in microwave in the UK?
With many options to choose from, consider one of the following best-selling microwaves:
- Standard Microwave: This is just a normal microwave that is integrated into a cabinet or above a cooker. It’s great for cooking food and reheating leftovers. It’s also a simple but effective cooking appliance and one well worth adding to your kitchen.
- Microwave with Grill: Features both microwave and grill cooking functions, making it a great option for grilling meats and vegetables. It can be used to heat and grill at once, speeding up cooking and resulting in a wonderful finish for meats.
- Convection Microwave: This type of microwave uses convection heating that makes it function similarly to a convection oven. So you can cook, reheat, and bake using it. It features a fan that circulates the hot air around the microwave for fast and even cooking.
Top 10 list of built-in microwaves in the UK (January 2021)
The top 10 list shows how brands and their built-in microwaves compare. Which microwave is the best?
- This built-in microwave comes with a 95 minute timer
- Additional features include; auto cook menus & 5 microwave power levels ensuring…
- Its 20L capacity can fit a standard dinner plate & the 24.5cm glass turn-table…
- Gets Built in and includes Frame
- Auto Defrost
- Child Lock
- Built-in Microwave with Frame included
- 20 Litre Capacity with a 24.5 cm Turntable
- Quick Start Function (60 Seconds, Full Power)
- 1 Year Manufacturer Guarantee
- Quick Start & Child Lock
- 8 Pre set cooking settings
- Stainless steel fascia & trim kit with silver housing
- 31.5cm wide removable glass turntable
- True fan assisted
- Child Lock
- 2500W Convection Oven with or without Pre-Heating (Temperature Range 130-220 Degrees…
- 1100W Grill with Automatic Reminder to tell you to Turn Over your Food
- Quick Start Function (30 Seconds, Full Power)
- 1000W Grill - great for enhancing the texture and flavour of microwaved food
- Integrated Design Gets built-in a kitchen unit
- Stainless Steel trim included
- Comes fitted with a three pin UK plug
- Simple to use knob controls
- Child Lock
- Auto Defrost
- Come with Frame so it can be built-into your Kitchen
- Integrated Microwave - Gets built into a unit
- 315mm Turntable
- Convection Oven & Grill Functions
* Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a built-in microwave test. Last Update 2021/01/16 08:42 o'clock.