Review10Best compares the best camera bags in the UK and nominates the one from Manfrotto as the best camera bag. In our camera bags review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different camera bags and follow our recommendation on which camera bag to buy in the UK in 2019. With the camera bag comparison, you can be sure to buy the best camera bag on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate camera bag buying guide
- View our camera bag picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about camera bags
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Finding the best camera bag is always worthwhile, as it helps to keep expensive photography equipment safe and secure while making it much easier to use on the go. However, with so many options out there, finding a great camera bag for your needs isn’t always straight-forward. Check out the buying guide below for how to choose the best camera bag:
What are camera bags?
A camera bag is a type of bag designed to carry photography equipment. Carrying an expensive camera and lenses in a normal bag is often risky, as the equipment is fragile and thus may become damaged without sufficient protection. Because they are designed specifically to hold and carry cameras, a good camera bag comes with great padding, extra compartments, and various other features that make it very useful for transporting photography equipment.
Why should you buy a good camera bag?
The best camera bags offer exceptional protection for a camera and other equipment. Given how expensive and fragile most photography equipment is, it makes sense to buy a bag that protects it as much as possible. This is exactly what you get when you buy a quality camera bag.
How to choose the right camera bag?
Choosing a camera bag is often difficult, especially for first-time buyers. With so many different shapes, sizes, materials, and features to look choose from. Knowing which one is best for you requires some research.
Here are some things to consider when looking for thebest camera bag:
- Camera Type: One of the easiest ways to narrow down options for a camera bag is to determine what type of camera it needs to hold. While some camera bags hold many types of cameras, others are specially designed to hold one type. For instance, if you have a quality DSLR camera, you’ll need a bag that has space for this and several lenses, while advanced digital cameras require far less space.
- Protection: The main function of a camera bag is to protect the camera on the go, so you should always look for as much protection as possible. This typically comes in the shape of padding or a hard shell. In general, the thicker and heavier a camera bag is the more likely it is to protect the camera. Also, consider whether the bag is waterproof or if it comes with a protective waterproof cover.
- Capacity: The capacity of a camera bag is also important, as you don’t want to cram equipment inside if it lacks enough space for your equipment such as a tripod. This may not be an issue if your camera is small and you don’t have extra equipment, but those with a lot to carry will need to look for a camera bag with a suitable capacity.
What is the best kind of camera bag in the UK?
Just like there are several types of camera, there are many types of camera bags available. Here are some of the most popular:
- Bridge Camera Bag: These camera bags usually come with a top load design, meaning you gain access through the top of the bag. This makes it easy to get quick access to the camera, which is an important feature for many. They come in many sizes so are suitable for most types of cameras.
- Camera Pouches and Cases: Much smaller than most other camera bags, camera pouches and cases are great for smaller compact cameras. They are generally lightweight and come in many sizes, although they don’t offer much space beyond holding a camera.
- Camera Backpacks: Essentially a backpack designed for carrying photograph equipment, camera backpacks are great for many situations. They offer plenty of space, various compartments, and great support while providing ample protection when on the move. A perfect camera bag to use outside, whether for a day, weekend, or longer.
- Rolling Camera Bag: A unique option and typically used by professional photographers traveling extensively, a rolling camera bag is great for carrying heavy equipment. The rolling design makes them look like a small suitcase, although many also come with shoulder straps as well. They happen to be one of the most durable camera bags too, but also one of the heaviest.
Top 10 list of camera bags in the UK (August 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their camera bags rank and which camera bag is the best.
- Room to store spare memory card & small accessories , Internal Dimensions -…
- Fits DSLR with attached kit lens (such as Canon Rebel T5i with 18-135mm)
- Carry your kit with ease thanks to a solid, comfort-grip grab handle and adjustable,…
- Twin Back / Shoulder straps are fully adjustable and are padded for user comfort.…
- Ample external pockets allow quick zippered access to supplies, in additon to a water…
- Various mesh pockets in the lid and in the front pocket, perfect for storing smaller…
- Holds 1 DSLR camera body and up to 3 lenses
- Compartment for iPad Mini, Google Nexus 7, Amazon Kindle Fire
- Store, carry and protect your camera equipment
- Comes with a durable rain cover and an adjustable shoulder strap. Can be as a handbag…
- 2 side pockets, 1 zippered front pocket and 2 inner pockets, convenient for storing…
- Smooth double-zipper fastening design, convenient for you to quickly take out of…
- Softly padded shoulder straps adjust for a comfortable fit
- Weather-resistant materials safeguard gear from the elements
- Convenient grab handle provides an extra carry option
- Keep your camera equipment safe and organized. It can hold 13.3 inch laptop in the…
- The camera backpack is multi-functional. If needed, you can remove the padded interior…
- The padded insert camera partition comes with 3 removable and adjustable Velcro taped…
- Back handle for easy carrying
- Wraparound zipper for easy access to your gear
- Back pocket for storing extra accessories
- Mesh compartments: Fit all your photography gear. Note: Backpack ONLY, cameras, lenses…
- Padded Customizable Dividers: The fastening taped cushions inside the bag is removable…
- Upgrade Features: Tripod/Monopod foot holder with straps and two backles on both…
- Wide Compatibility --- Adjustable padded dividers make it easy to customize your…
- Multiple Purpose daypack --- This lightweight and sturdy travel bag is designed…
- Tripod/Monopod Holder --- This camera backpack comes with straps and two buckles…
- Satisfied Service3 Years warranty, any problem within 3 years, we will offer a new…
- Good Quality and Perfect DesignShoulder belts and handle that connected with camera…
- Multi-FunctionsLengthened shoulder belts are made of high elasticity,decompression…
i,ii Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/08/20 10:50. o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program (case i) and Kelkoo Associates Program (case ii), a affiliate advertising programs that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon and other merchants. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best camera bags