Review10Best compares the best canned dog foods in the UK and selects the one by BUTCHER'S as the best dog food. In a canned dog food buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different dog foods and see a recommendation on which canned dog food to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of dog foods, you can find the best canned dog foods and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate canned dog food buying guide
- View the canned dog food picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to dog foods
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
As a beloved member of your family, you want the best canned dog food for your pet pooch. However, finding good canned dog food can be challenging as there are many products to choose from, especially if you want the healthiest option for your pet. To help you find the best canned dog foods, we’ve created a handy buying guide that covers all the info you need to know about the differnt types. Check below for all the tips you need to find the right canned food for your dog.
What are canned dog foods?
Canned dog food is a popular type of food for dogs that is made from fresh meat. Commonly known as wet dog food, it features a variety of ingredients including a large portion of meat, which is great for dogs because they are omnivores with a carnivorous bias so generally love eating it. The best canned dog food has around 80% meat, with the remainder being grains and vegetables.
Why should you buy a good canned dog food?
Most dogs love canned dog food because of its high meat content. The fresh meat ensures dogs get ample protein while it also contains a lot of moisture, ensuring dogs are well fed and hydrated at the same time. The best dog food is also carb-rich, so when combined with the high protein content, it offers the right balance of nutrients for a healthy diet.
How to choose the right canned dog food?
Finding good canned dog food can be difficult when there are so many products available. Here are some things to look for to ensure you find something suitable:
- Ingredients: While most meat-based, wet dog food should have a good balance of other ingredients like grains and vegetables. You want your dog to enjoy a healthy balance to their diet. So make sure that the ingredients are listed as complete to ensure maximum quality and minimal additives.
- Dog Age: The age of your dog influences what type of canned dog food is best for their diet. For example, puppies need a lot more calories compared to elderly dogs, while adults need somewhere in the middle. Lots of products are marketed to certain ages (e.g. puppy food), so consider choosing one of these if it applies to your pet.
- Size: Another important consideration is the size and breed of the dog. Smaller dogs won’t need as much food as medium dogs, while large dogs will need the most calories from the food. Similarly, certain breeds need more calories than others. For instance, a Husky will need a lot more canned dog food than a Great Dane.
What is the best kind of canned dog food in the UK?
With so many different wet dog food products available, here are some of the main types that are packaged in cans:
- Wet Dog Food: Contains a range of ingredients suitable for adult dogs, being more calorie dense than senior dog for but less dense than dog food for puppies.
- Wet Dog Food for Seniors: Older dogs have different nutritional requirements, often to help with age-related problems. So make sure to choose canned dog food that is suitable for older dogs..
- Wet Dog Food for Puppies: Puppies also have different dietary requirements, needing all kinds of nutrients to promote healthy growth and development.
Top 10 list of canned dog foods in the UK (September 2021)
The bestseller list compares brands and their canned dog foods. Which dog food is the best?
- Easy to digest, high in fibre and naturally gluten free with prebiotic to help support…
- British and Irish Farmed - We only work with suppliers we know and trust
- No Nasties - with absolutely no artificial colours, or preservatives
- Affordable price.
- Extremely appetising.
- Finest ingredients available.
- CREATED WITH LOVE AND CARE: Billy & Margot Brand was founded by renowned dog…
- IDEAL FOR ALL DOGS AGED OVER 15 MONTHS: The daily feeding guide for adult dogs varies…
- SUPERFOOD BLEND FOR A BALANCED, COMPLETE DIET: Billy & Margot’s range of…
- Human grade meat; Made with real meat; Vet Approved
- Free from artificial colours, flavours and preservatives
- Contains no meat meals or meat derivatives; Gently cooked to retain nutrients
- HANDCRAFTED IN SMALL BATCHES USING NATURAL INGREDIENTS- Naturally made without artificial…
- LOW MAINTENANCE FEEDING- Our wet pet food has a concentrated formula for lower maintenance…
- MADE USING THE 'SUPER-8' FOR VITAL NUTRIENTS- Our AATU dry dog food includes a bespoke…
- Rosehips for Vitamin C
- No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives
- Green tea - rich in health promoting natural antioxidants
- No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives
- All the vitamins and minerals your dog needs
- No cereal or soya fillers, Gluten free
- Can be frozen
- Boosted levels of vitamins, minerals, glucosamine and chondroitin
- Nutritious and tasty recipe to satisfy even the fussiest eaters
- MADE IN DEVON: Forthglade have over 50 years of making natural, nutritious recipes…
- COMPLEMENTARY DOG FOOD: Perfect for tailoring mealtimes, for a balanced meal add…
- FOOD FOR HAPPY DOGS: Grain-free recipe making it easier to digest, which is great…
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best dog foods, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a canned dog food test. Last Update: 2021/09/24.
Other reviews related to dog foods