Review10Best compares the best car polishes in the UK and selects the one by Autoglym as the best car polish. In a car polish buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different car polishes and see a recommendation on which car polish to buy in the UK in 2022. By considering the top list of car polishes, you can find the best car polishes and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate car polish buying guide
- View the car polish picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
The best car polish will leave your vehicle looking great and protect it from surface damage, making it a worthwhile investment for most. However, with so many products to choose from, finding the right car polish for your vehicle can be surprisingly difficult, with many things to consider like the type of polish and the finish it provides.
To help with this, we have created a handy buying guide that covers all the information that you need to know to find the best car polishes.
What are car polishes?
Car polish is a cleaning product that removes dirt and small damages from the surface of a vehicle, restoring the paintwork in the process. Not to be confused with quality car wax, polishes are abrasives that are applied to the surface of a vehicle to remove small scratches, dirt, swirls, and other imperfections that occur over time.
Why should you buy a good car polish?
The best car polishes will significantly improve the appearance of your vehicle’s paintwork. As an abrasive cleaning solution, the polisher strips away a small amount of surface from the paintwork, removing imperfections, dirt, scratches, and oxidation that causes the paint to discolour, restoring it to its original appearance. For instance, if your car paint has lost its shine and vibrancy, applying polish helps restore the colour and shine, lasting for up to a year in some instances. This means, by using a quality car polish your car looks better for longer, no matter how old or worn it might be.
How to choose the right car polish?
Choosing the best car polish can be difficult because there are so many options available. So here are some things to consider before you shop online:
- Formulation: Car polishes come with various formulations, some that are exclusively polishes and others that combine wax with polish for a more versatile product. These multipurpose products are more convenient but often lack the same quality finish as using a dedicated polish followed by wax. So it depends on what type of finish you want and the amount of effort you are willing to put in to achieve this.
- Paint Type: Consider the type of paintwork on your car as it will influence what polishes are suitable. While polishes tend to work with most paint types, there are some instances where you may need a specific product. For example, using regular polish on metallic paintwork may cause swirling, so a polish designed for this type of paintwork is more suited.
- Car Manufacturer: In most cases, European car manufacturers, especially German, tend to use harder paint so will therefore require a more abrasive car polish. Conversely, Japanese vehicles are usually painted with softer paint, meaning a less abrasive car polish is recommended. Always consider the car manufacturer to help you select an appropriate car polish.
What is the best kind of car polish in the UK?
Here are some of the best-selling types of car polish that you can buy:
- All in One Car Polishes: As the name suggests, this type of product both polishes and waxes cars with a single solution. This is incredibly convenient as you can save a lot of time and effort by using the all-in-one solution to polish and wax, although the results do not last as long compared to using a separate polish and wax.
- Standard Car Polishes: This is a dedicated car polish that uses an abrasive solution to remove a fine layer of paint, revealing a more vibrant coat underneath. It is the best option for removing defects like scratches and abrasions, although it can also be used to restore paintwork close to its original quality. Not to be confused with wax, which is applied after polish to provide a protective layer that prevents surface damage.
Top 10 list of car polishes in the UK (May 2022)
The bestseller list compares brands and their car polishes. Which car polish is the best?
- Adds protection and makes cleaning easier
- Easy to apply and buff off
- Restores gloss to dull paintwork
- 1 X 500Ml Bottle.
- Suitable for cars, lorries, trucks, caravans, home furniture, motorbikes. Read instructions…
- The liquid car polish restores lightly oxidized, faded finishes to a like-new appearance,…
- Fit type: Universal Fit
- Solvent Free, Leaves No White Residue
- For all metallic, Pearlescent and Modern Clear Coat Paintwork
- Comes in a 1 litre bottle
- It's also the final step in preparing paintwork for wax application
- Conditioning agents nourish and restore dull paintwork, removing micro-scratches…
- 3 Microfibre Cloths
- Leaves a lasting Shine
- Easy on, easy off formula
- Pre-waxing glaze that prepares the surface for wax while offering deep reflections…
- Safe and on all glossy paints, including clear coats
- Quickly and gently removes fine swirls and towel marks for mirror-like reflectio…
- Use on paintwork, rubber, lights, trim, chrome & glass
- Locks in the shine for upto a year
- Easy to apply ONLY takes 10 minutes
- 1 MONTH CAR POLISH IN A BOTTLE: One of our 8oz. Shine Armor fortify quick COAT car…
- SAFE FOR ALL SURFACES: Use Shine Armor Fortify Quick COAT on automobiles, boats,…
- CUTS DIRT, GRIME, AND GREASE: Eliminate dirt, grime & grease instantly on contact.…
- Specificly For Black Vehicles, Cars, Motorbikes, Lorries, Boats, Or Any Black Paint…
- The specially selected solvents ensure easy-on/easy-off application with no buffing…
- Mask minor scratches and swirls whilst enriching and protecting the colour.
- Creates a flawless, colour matched finished
- Removes Minor Scratches
- Removes Surface Oxidation
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best car polishes, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a car polish test. Last Update: 2022/05/18.