Review10Best looks at the best card games in the UK and selects the one by Asmodee as the best card game. In a card game buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different card games and see a recommendation on which card game to buy in the UK in 2020. By considering the top list of card games, you can find the best card games and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate card game buying guide
- View the card game picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about card games
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
The best card games offer countless hours of fun between friends and family. While the classic 52 card deck has spawned endless card games of its own, there are dozens of other card games that use unique cards, rules, and strategies.
So, it’s safe to say that choosing the best card game can take some time, as there simply so many great options available. Looking to buy a great card game but are unsure where to start? Check out this handy buying guide for all the info you need!
What are card games?
A card game is a type of game where card decks are used as the main form of gameplay. This includes traditional card games using 52-deck playing cards (e.g. blackjack, poker, solitaire etc), as well as more modern types of games that feature game-specific rules and cards, such as trading card games and trivia card games.
Why should you buy a good card game?
The best card games offer endless hours of entertainment. Whether you’re playing traditional card games or newer games, there are so many fun-filled options out there to play with. Better still, card games can involve solo or group play. For instance, a game of solitaire is very enjoyable on your own, while playing a game of poker with friends is also a great time.
The same goes for other types of card games. Trading card games feature a strong community of players, and the cards aren’t only used to play the game, but are also collected and traded too. There are card games suitable for all ages, and you can play the games virtually anywhere you want to!
How to choose the right card game?
Choosing the best card game is usually down to personal preferences, much like any other game. However, with so many options available, it can be difficult to determine what you might enjoy playing. Here’s some things to consider that can help you choose a great card game:
- Number of Players: One of the easiest ways to choose a card game is by the number of players it allows. For group games, you can’t go wrong with the classic 52-card deck or a trivia card game. Trading card games are great for solo play, although you do need to play against other players, but collecting and building decks can be done without other players.
- Gameplay: Card games vary in their gameplay, so it helps to know what style of gameplay you most prefer. For instance, people looking for serious, competitive gameplay will like playing bridge or poker, while trivia card games offer a lot fun entertainment for parties and the like. Trading card games require a lot strategy and planning, but are also great fun to play.
- Complexity: Card games come with varying levels of complexity, so be sure to consider this before you buy one. This is especially important if you’re looking for family-friendly games where kids are playing, as you want a game that everyone can learn with relative ease. Card games come with so many different type of rules and styles of play that it can be rather difficult to grasp for first-time players.
What is the best kind of card game in the UK?
As mentioned, there are countless types of card games available, but they can be generally categorised into the following types:
- Traditional Card Games: The best-known card games, they use the traditional 52-card playing deck to play an endless selection of games. Poker, blackjack, solitaire, and bridge are just a few examples of popular traditional card games, and there are countless rules that can be applied to each. For most games all you need is a deck of traditional playing cards, so it’s one of the cheapest options that provides countless games.
- Trading Card Games: Trading card games (also known as collecting card games) involve buying unique sets of playing cards to build what is known as deck. Once you have a suitable deck, you can play the game in its most basic form against another player, although there are usually hundreds of cards of varying rarities that can be collected and used in different ways. The best-known examples are the Pokémon card game and Magic: The Gathering, and players tend to commit long-term collecting and playing.
- Trivia Card Games: Trivia card games - often called party games - are card games that involve several players playing as teams or individuals. The rules vary depending on the game, but often involve logic, memory, or creative thinking. Many of these card games feature basic question and answers, while others utilise very unique rules like a board game. Examples include Exploding Kittens, Cards Against Humanity, and Uno.
Top 10 list of card games in the UK (October 2020)
This top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their card games rank and which card game is the best.
- Five mini games: Fill the well, the towering inferno, hot potato, catch them all…
- Every card is different and has only one picture in common with every other card…
- Images may be different sizes and placed on any part of the card, making them difficult…
- Hands-on play for early childhood development
- Don’t forget to shout UNO when you only have one card remaining
- Players take turns matching a card in their hand with the current colour or number…
- Collect 3 property card sets to win
- Use action cards to charge rent and make tricky deals
- Get a quick game in; it only takes about 15 minutes to play
- Adapted from the original American edition to suit your outmoded culture.
- Now version 2.1!
- Includes 600 total cards (500 white and 100 black).
- <p> <strong>EDUCATIONAL:</strong> We guarantee you'll all have…
- <p> <strong>VERSATILE: </strong>Perfect for playing at dinner parties,…
- <p> <strong>IT'S ANYONES GAME: </strong>No need to be a walking…
- This gift favorite takes 5 minutes to learn, 15 minutes to play, is for 2-5 players…
- 'It's like UNO, except there are goats, magical enchiladas and kittens that can kill…
- This “Game of the Year” award winner is the perfect holiday gift if you’re…
- Brain training side effects. You won’t even realise you’re getting s…
- Pocket friendly size Perfect to take to pubs/parties or while travelling.
- Laugh at other people’s mistakes. Even your smartest friends are bound to stuff…
- Great game for families and friends
- Includes 104 vibrant and visual game cards
- Quick to learn and simple to play
- Includes 1 Uno card game with 112 cards and instructions
- Uno Flip also includes fun new Action cards, like Draw Five and Skip Everyone
- Play the special Flip card to turn all cards over, including the draw pile, to reveal…
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a card game test. Last Update 2020/10/27 21:51 o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best card games