Review10Best compares the best carpet cleaning machines in the UK and selects the one by Vax as the best carpet cleaning machine. In a carpet cleaning machine buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different carpet cleaning machines and see a recommendation on which carpet cleaning machine to buy in the UK in 2022. By considering the top list of carpet cleaning machines, you can find the best carpet cleaning machines and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate carpet cleaning machine buying guide
- View the carpet cleaning machine picks and see how they rank in the top list
When looking for the best carpet cleaning machine for your home, it’s a good idea to do plenty of research so you find the most suitable model for your needs. While there are many great carpet cleaning machines out there, there are also many low-quality machines that are well worth avoiding. So, be sure to check out the guide below on how to find the right carpet cleaning machine for your home:
What are carpet cleaning machines?
As the name suggests, a carpet cleaning machine is a device used to clean carpets. While designs and functions can vary from each model, every carpet cleaner works to remove deep dirt and stains embedded within a carpet. For the most part, this is done through soaking the carpet with hot water treated with a good carpet cleaner before extracting the now-dirty water, leaving the carpets much cleaner and fresher.
Why should you buy a good carpet cleaning machine?
The best carpet cleaning machine allows homeowners to maintain a high standard of hygiene in their carpets. As most people just vacuum their carpets, there’s a lot of dirt and debris that remains embedded in the fibers that can cause allergies and look rather unpleasant. So, by using a good carpet cleaning machine, your carpets will not only look and smell much nicer, they will be more hygienic and likely to last much longer. If your home has a lot of carpets, then the right carpet cleaning machine is a fantastic investment!
How to choose the right carpet cleaning machine?
There are plenty of carpet cleaners out there worth buying, but there are also plenty of less than reliable machines that are best avoided. To ensure you get the best carpet cleaner possible, consider some of the following:
- Features: The more cleaning features the machine has, the better. This is because they can help make the cleaning process faster and more efficient, so be sure to look out for features such as auto-mix, dry vacuuming, water tank heater and attachable brushes.
- Power: Carpet cleaning machines with more power perform better. If you want a machine that will clean deep and through, look for something with a high wattage.
- Weight: An often-overlooked aspect, the best carpet cleaning machines tend to be the heaviest, and this can be troublesome for some people. Anyone that may have problems constantly moving a heavy machine should look for a more portable or lightweight type of carpet cleaner, as you don’t want to struggle using it!
- Water Tank Capacity: If you have a lot of carpets that will be cleaned frequently, then a carpet cleaning machine with a large water tank will be the better option. This will save constantly having to refill the tank at the sink, reducing the time needed for cleaning.
What is the best kind of carpet cleaning machine in the UK?
There is a huge range of quality carpet cleaning machines out there. Some will be more suited for certain carpet sizes and conditions, while others will provide a range of additional features that you may find useful.
- Shampoo Carpet Cleaners: The standard carpet cleaning machine, it typically resembles an upright vacuum cleaner. It shampoos the carpet to remove stains, dirt, and spillages, helping to restore its appearance, making them great for most homes. They do leave the carpet wet, however, unless they come with a vacuum feature, which most modern machines do. Should it not, you will need to let the carpet dry naturally.
- Steam Carpet Cleaners: By utilizing steam as the main cleaning method, steam carpet cleaning machines are highly effective for sanitizing and cleaning carpets. Working at very high temperature, the steam and cleaning solution combine to clean very deep, making them one of the best performing carpet cleaning machines.
- Spot Carpet Cleaners: Small and compact, these carpet cleaning machines are great for minor maintenance and dealing with spills and stains as they occur. To make them more portable they do have smaller tanks, so they aren’t ideal for cleaning large areas of carpet. But as they are lightweight and easy to use they still make for a great cleaning tool in most households.
Top 10 list of carpet cleaning machines in the UK (October 2022)
The bestseller list compares brands and their carpet cleaning machines. Which carpet cleaning machine is the best?
- 1 year guarantee
- Lightweight at 5.8 kg; Cord: 8m
- Twin Tank technology keeps clean and dirty water separate, Cleaning width: 30 cm
- WIDELY USED: Our steam engine is equipped with 19 accessories, which are suitable…
- PORTABLE DESIGN: Equipped with two large wheels and movable cables, the steam cleaner…
- SAFETY PROTECTION: When there is no water in the water tank or the temperature is…
- POWERFULLY SIMPLE: We like to keep it simple. How? By creating home appliances that…
- LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN: With its powerful 800W motor and lightweight 5.6kg design, the…
- REFRESH & DEEP CLEAN: Keep your carpets looking like they’ve just been…
- Both tools come with 2 interchangeable cleaning attachments: 1 Multipurpose attachment…
- Also includes a Messy Clean Up 2-in-1 Tool, ideal for cleaning up after pets, helping…
- Includes an Everyday 2-in1 Tool for quick clean ups and refreshes
- 2 year guarantee**
- Extra long reach for convenient stair cleaning
- Extra large tank for a longer clean
- Peace of mind: 3 year Hyundai warranty
- Includes a range of accessories: Get cleaning straight out of the box
- Easy to use: Low service and maintenance requirements
- Designed to clean well and dry fast
- Complete with stain tool and accessory hose for those hard to reach areas
- Two removable, large capacity water tanks allow for easy filling and emptying
- Large capacity tanks: For clean and dirty water, ensures extra cleaning for longer…
- Ideal for pet owners and families: As well as cleaning up splashes and spills, this…
- Lightweight design: The upright carpet cleaning machine makes cleaning carpets a…
- 1 year guarantee for complete peace of mind
- The pre-treatment wand and solution help tackle stubborn stains and is elegant for…
- Wash tool and 2.4 m stretch hose for stairs and upholstery cleaning
- Includes upholstery wash tool and crevice tool
- Edge to edge cleaning- cleaning right up to the edge of your carpets
- Large tank capacity - for a longer clean without needing to refill
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best carpet cleaning machines, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a carpet cleaning machine test. Last Update: 2022/10/07.