Review10Best looks at the best cartridge razors in the UK and selects the one by Gillette as the best razor. In a cartridge razor buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different razors and see a recommendation on which cartridge razor to buy in the UK in 2020. By considering the top list of razors, you can find the best cartridge razors and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate cartridge razor buying guide
- View the cartridge razor picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to razors
- Watch recommended videos about cartridge razors
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Finding the best cartridge razor is always worthwhile. Without a good razor, shaving becomes more difficult and likely to cause cuts and bumps, giving plenty of incentive to find the best possible product to ensure a nice clean shave. However, finding a good cartridge razor is challenging when there are so many options available, so it helps to do some research so you can tell the good from the bad. To help with that, check out the handy buying guide below. It covers all the info you need to know to find the best cartridge razors.
What are cartridge razors?
A cartridge razor is the most widely used shaving device in the world. It has a detachable cartridge that houses one or several razor blades that are pivoted to provide a close shave while reducing the risk of accidentally cutting yourself. Once the blades have dulled, the cartridge easily detaches from the handle and is replaced with another cartridge.
Why should you buy a good cartridge razor?
The best cartridge razors offer many shaving benefits. Their simple operation means most people use them without any effort, while their design makes them much safer to use than a safety razor or straight razor. You can also have a clean shave in just a few minutes using a good cartridge razor, with their speed being another key advantage, especially for anyone that wants to spend less time shaving in the morning.
Also, because they are so widely used, there are many varieties available, making it easy to find a great cartridge razor that suits your needs and budget.
How to choose the right cartridge razor?
Everyone has their own needs when it comes to a good razor, so here are a few things to help you identify what you need:
- Number of Blades: Cartridge razors come with anywhere from 2-8 razor blades, so always check this before buying one to see whether it is suitable for your needs. There is a lot of debate regarding how much more effective multiple blades make shaving, with it mostly depending on the individual’s facial hair and shaving habits. It is thought they make shaving more comfortable by reducing friction to avoid irritating skin, although the more blades the costlier the razor tends to be.
- Shaving Habits: It is helpful to think about your shaving habits, as it makes finding a suitable blade that bit easier. For instance, if you need to shave each day just to prevent dark stubble from appearing, then four or five-bladed cartridge may be a good idea. If you have less facial hair then fewer blades may do the job fine and save you some money.
- Comfort: The comfort a cartridge razor offers does vary, with cheaper products with fewer blades often being less comfortable on the skin. It does depend on how thick your facial hair is and often you need to shave, with fewer blades often being fine for lighter growth and infrequent shaving. The cheapest cartridges do often cause discomfort either during or after shaving, so try to avoid anything too cheap. Look for features like lubrication strips, which provide added protection against friction, which is the main cause for nicks, cuts, and general discomfort when shaving.
What is the best kind of cartridge razor in the UK?
There are two main types of cartridge razors to buy:
- Manual Cartridge Razor: These are the most common and widely used type of cartridge razor. They are operated manually by pulling the blade across the face to remove facial hair, often featuring lubrication strips to reduce friction. The number of blades varies, with some having just a few and others upwards of 5, with more blades believed to provide a closer cut and more comfortable shave.
- Battery Cartridge Razor: A recent trend in cartridge razors, these types feature a small electric motor in the handle that vibrates the blades as you shave. It works the same as a manual razor but with some added power, making it especially good for thicker growth or when you need a quick shave.
Top 10 list of cartridge razors in the UK (October 2020)
This top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their cartridge razors rank and which razor is the best.
- Fits with any Mach3 razor handles
- Advanced skin guard helps stretch your skin, and prepares your hair to be cut
- Gel strip glides protects your skin from redness
- A triple-blade shaver for a close shave
- A pivoting razor head that follows the individual contours of your face, perfect…
- Long curved handle for easy grip lets you enjoy better shaving control and manoe…
- Fits all Fusion5 and Fusion5 Power blade refills
- Enhanced Lubrastrip with more lubricants (vs Fusion5)
- Precision Trimmer on back, great for edging tough areas (nose and sideburns)
- Fits all Fusion5 and Fusion5 Power razors
- Lubrication before & after the blades, shields from irritation while you sha…
- MicroComb that helps guide stubble to the blade
- Blades made in the USA. Handle made in China
- Replace blade cartridge with Solimo replacement cartridges
- Use with shaving gel or foam
- lubricants maintain your shaver's performance
- Lemon-fresh formula releases a refreshing scent for a fresher shaving experience
- Alcohol-based cleaning solution removes 99.9 percent of germs, providing optimal…
- Blades made in the USA.
- Comfort coated blades for a close shave
- Use with shaving gel or foam
- Note: Best before mentioned on the product is in YYMMDD format.
- Skin-friendly formula for a fresh and hygienic shave, Leaves a fresh scent on your…
- Cleans up to 10x better than water
- Made in the USA
- Stainless Steel Blades are treated to ensure smooth shaves
- Blades have lubricating strip for a more comfortable shave
- Comes with 10 Twin blade cartridges with Lubricating Stirp
- Delivers a super close and extremely smooth shave due to the razor handle weight
- Fully compatible with Gillette's Trac 2 or Personna's Twin II blades
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a cartridge razor test. Last Update 2020/10/25 16:03. o'clock.
Other reviews related to razors
Recommended Video about the best cartridge razors