Review10Best compares the best cat foods in the UK and selects the one by whiskas as the best cat food. In a cat food buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different cat foods and see a recommendation on which cat food to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of cat foods, you can find the best cat foods and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate cat food buying guide
- View the cat food picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
It’s understandable if you want to find the best cat food for your feline friend. After all, the better the quality of the food is, the healthier it is going to be for your cat, giving all the incentive you need to find a great cat food product. However, with so many products on the market, finding the best cat foods can be difficult, so check out the buying guide below for all the info you need to find high-quality nutrition for your car.
What are cat foods?
Cat food is a type of pet food specifically processed for cats. As they require 41 different nutrients in their diet to remain healthy, cat food is developed to ensure that cats receive all the nutritional content they require each day, including proteins, fats, carbohydrates, minerals and vitamins.
As a result, cat food is made from a blend of different ingredients including meat, fish, vegetables, and cereals. Cat food is available in both wet and dry forms.
Why should you buy a good cat food?
Any good pet owner wants the best cat food for their feline friend. After all, your pet cat is part of the family, so you obviously want them to have good quality food that gives them all the nutrients they need to stay fit and healthy, which is exactly what you get when buying great cat food.
How to choose the right cat food?
Trying to find the best-quality cat food can be very difficult because there are so many options available. To make the buying process easier, think about some of the following things:
- Ingredients: Cats need 41 nutrients to remain healthy, although some are more important than others, so always check to see what main nutrients are included. Protein is an essential one, so look for a high source of protein from something like fish or meat, while the amino acid taurine, vitamin A, and niacin are all vital for good cat health.
- Age: The age of the cat will influence what type of foods are suitable. For example, young cats exert more energy so require higher fat and protein in their diet, while adult cats need fewer calories as they won’t be as active and may gain weight with foods that are too calorie-dense. Older cats should be given food with lower fat content and proteins that are easy to digest.
- Wet or Dry: Most cat foods are available in dry or wet form, with each one offering its benefits. For instance, wet food is high in moisture and uses a wider variety of ingredients, although it can’t be left out for too long and is quite expensive. Dry food is cheaper, convenient, and comes with a long shelf life, although it lacks much moisture and as much nutritionally variety as wet food.
What is the best kind of cat food in the UK?
The best cat foods can be distinguished into two groups:
- Wet Cat Food: This food is commonly sold in cans and pouches, coming very high moisture content and textures that cats enjoy eating. Canned cat food does cost more but are generally considered the best overall cat food.
- Dry Cat Food: Cheap and convenient to use, dry food has a long shelf life, so less risk of bacterial growth developing, although it lacks the moisture content of wet food.
Top 10 list of cat foods in the UK (October 2021)
The bestseller list compares brands and their cat foods. Which cat food is the best?
- Package may vary
- Items delivered: 84 x 100 g pack of Whiskas wet food pouches for cats aged 1+ in…
- Created in partnership with The WALTHAM Centre, a leading authority on pet nutrition,…
- No added artificial flavourings, preservatives and colourants
- 100% of your cat's daily needs antioxidants, balanced minerals and proteins
- Irresistible meals for mischief makers
- Packed with essential vitamins and minerals to keep your adult cat healthy
- Served in 85 g pouches to keep every meal fresh and convenient
- A tempting variety of flavours to tempt your cat's taste buds
- Because your feline friend can’t, ask Alexa to add this to your basket
- Your cat’s favourite; subscribe and save for repeat deliveries
- Available in a range of flavours, tailored to your cats specific needs; across every…
- Individual pouches make mealtimes easier and more convenient!
- We use high quality ingredients for the best tasting flavours in all our recipes…
- Source of Omega 6 and specially added antioxidants support natural defences and keep…
- Mouth-watering flavours and high quality ingredients we're sure your cat will lo…
- Balanced minerals help keep your cat's coat shiny and support his overall body c…
- Delicious flavours including chicken, ham, duck and pork.
- With added prebiotics to aid digestion
- Nourishing fish oils and omega fatty acids help omega fatty acids help promote healthy…
- Added vitamins and minerals ensure complete and balanced nutrition in every mout…
- No Added Artificial Colours, Flavourings or Preservatives
- URINARY TRACT HEALTH - Supported by the right balance of minerals
- HEALTHY TEETH AND BONES - Supported by Essential minerals and vitamin D
- Goes great with...
- Items delivered: 40 x 85 g Sheba Fine Flakes Fish Collection in Jelly / Multipack…
- The purrfect choice for a nuzzle of affection: For adult and senior cats (+12 months)…
- Sheba Fine Flakes is an special range with delicious flakes in melting jelly - The…
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best cat foods, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a cat food test. Last Update: 2021/10/16.