Best cat food UK
Which is the best cat food 2023?VIEW OFFER
The 10 best cat foods to buy in the UK
The top 10 list of the best cat foods lists various brands and prices
Review10Best compares the best cat foods in the UK and selects the one by Felix as the best cat food. In a cat food buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different cat foods and see a recommendation on which cat food to buy in the UK in 2023. By considering the top list of cat foods, you can find the best cat foods and save time shopping online.
- Read the ultimate cat food buying guide
- View the cat food picks and see how they rank in the top list
Best cat foods: A complete buying guide
All you need to know before buying a great cat food
It’s understandable if you want to find the best cat food for your feline friend. After all, the better the quality of the food is, the healthier it is going to be for your cat, giving all the incentive you need to find a great cat food product. However, with so many products on the market, finding the best cat foods can be difficult, so check out the buying guide below for all the info you need to find high-quality nutrition for your car.
What are cat foods?
Cat food is a type of pet food specifically processed for cats. As they require 41 different nutrients in their diet to remain healthy, cat food is developed to ensure that cats receive all the nutritional content they require each day, including proteins, fats, carbohydrates, minerals and vitamins.
As a result, cat food is made from a blend of different ingredients including meat, fish, vegetables, and cereals. Cat food is available in both wet and dry forms.
Why should you buy a good cat food?
Any good pet owner wants the best cat food for their feline friend. After all, your pet cat is part of the family, so you obviously want them to have good quality food that gives them all the nutrients they need to stay fit and healthy, which is exactly what you get when buying great cat food.
How to choose the right cat food?
Trying to find the best-quality cat food can be very difficult because there are so many options available. To make the buying process easier, think about some of the following things:
- Ingredients: Cats need 41 nutrients to remain healthy, although some are more important than others, so always check to see what main nutrients are included. Protein is an essential one, so look for a high source of protein from something like fish or meat, while the amino acid taurine, vitamin A, and niacin are all vital for good cat health.
- Age: The age of the cat will influence what type of foods are suitable. For example, young cats exert more energy so require higher fat and protein in their diet, while adult cats need fewer calories as they won’t be as active and may gain weight with foods that are too calorie-dense. Older cats should be given food with lower fat content and proteins that are easy to digest.
- Wet or Dry: Most cat foods are available in dry or wet form, with each one offering its benefits. For instance, wet food is high in moisture and uses a wider variety of ingredients, although it can’t be left out for too long and is quite expensive. Dry food is cheaper, convenient, and comes with a long shelf life, although it lacks much moisture and as much nutritionally variety as wet food.
What is the best kind of cat food in the UK?
The best cat foods can be distinguished into two groups:
- Wet Cat Food: This food is commonly sold in cans and pouches, coming very high moisture content and textures that cats enjoy eating. Canned cat food does cost more but are generally considered the best overall cat food.
- Dry Cat Food: Cheap and convenient to use, dry food has a long shelf life, so less risk of bacterial growth developing, although it lacks the moisture content of wet food.
Top 10 list of cat foods in the UK (June 2023)
The bestseller list compares brands and their cat foods. Which cat food is the best?
- ^ Felix As Good As It Looks Doubly Delicious Adult Wet Cat Food Meat in Jelly 120…
- IMPORTANT: When introducing your cat to a new food, gradually make the change over…
- Divide each pouch over 2 meals a day. Pregnant/nursing mothers may require up to…
- No artificial flavours, colours or preservatives added. No added Soya, Barley or…
- ^ Felix Adult Wet Cat Food Fish Selection in Jelly 40 x 100g Pouches ^ High levels…
- No artificial flavours, colours, fillers or GMOs
- High quality animal protein for strong muscles
- Vitamins and minerals to help maintain strong bones
- ^ Felix As Good As It Looks Adult Wet Cat Food Mixed Selection in Jelly Variety 40…
- Complete cat food to support your senior cat as he grows older.
- 12 assorted meals served in individual pouches for convenience.
- Our cat food is great for senior cats that need caring for in their later years.
- Packed with essential vitamins and minerals to keep your adult cat healthy
- Served in 85g pouches to keep every meal fresh and convenient
- A tempting variety of flavours to tempt your cat's taste buds
- Grain free recipe.
- Each recipe is 100% steam preserved, made with selected natural ingredients, at just…
- Chunks perfectly steam cooked to preserve their goodness and taste.
- Items delivered: 40 x 85g Sheba Fine Flakes Fish Collection in Jelly / Multipack…
- The purrfect choice for a nuzzle of affection: For adult and senior cats (+12 months)…
- Sheba Fine Flakes is an special range with delicious flakes in melting jelly - The…
- We are committed to reducing our environmental impact 85 Percent of our factories…
- Cat food containing Vitamin C, E and Taurine to help support natural defences
- Senior cat food with B Vitamins and Iron to help keep them agile and full of vitality…
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best cat foods, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a cat food test. Last Update: 2023/06/08.