Review10Best compares the best chainsaws in the UK and selects the one by Hyundai as the best chainsaw. In a chainsaw buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different chainsaws and see a recommendation on which chainsaw to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of chainsaws, you can find the best chainsaws and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate chainsaw buying guide
- View the chainsaw picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
The best chainsaw makes all those hard sawing tasks quick and easy yet choosing the right chainsaw can be difficult if you don’t know what to look for. To make the process easier, be sure to check out the handy buying guide below, it has all the information that you need to find the best chainsaws for your needs!
What are chainsaws?
A chainsaw is a type of mechanical saw consisting a row of cutting teeth attached to a chain. The chain runs along a guide bar at high speeds, providing exceptional cutting power for tasks where a manual saw doesn’t cut it. While shapes and sizes vary, chainsaws are designed for portable use, making them very convenient for various tasks.
Why should you buy a good chainsaw?
When you need a good saw through tough materials, such as cutting a tree down or splitting firewood, a chainsaw is a great option. It offers unrivalled cutting power so can be used for all kinds of outdoor maintenance like trimming tree branches, while you can use it for DIY projects with hard materials that need cutting.
How to choose the right chainsaw?
Here are some things to look out for when you are looking for the best chainsaw:
- Power: Chainsaws can be powered by either petrol or electric batteries, each one offering its own benefits. Petrol chainsaws are much more powerful but also heavier and more cumbersome to operate, making them suitable for heavy-duty tasks like cutting down a tree. Cordless chainsaws are lightweight but have limited power, making them better suited to lighter tasks like cutting small trees and pruning.
- Usability: Check the weight of the chainsaw before you buy it as some can be very heavy and difficult to operate for sustained periods. Also, the vibrations they produce can cause fatigue in the hands, so look for a low vibration chainsaw for something more user-friendly. For example, electric types are good for this.
- Safety: Chainsaws are incredibly dangerous to use, so always make sure you choose something with suitable safety features like a chain brake and chain catcher. Also, you need to wear safety gear when operating the saw, so don’t forget protective gear like a hard helmet, goggles, chainsaw gloves etc.
What is the best kind of chainsaw in the UK?
There are several types of chainsaws available, any of which may be suitable for your needs. These include:
- Petrol Chainsaws: These chainsaws are powered by a two-stroke engine, making them unquestionably the most powerful type available. If you need the chainsaw for heavy-duty tasks this is the one to choose, just bear in mind it will be heavier to operate and produce lots of vibrations. The engine will require maintenance over time too.
- Cordless Chainsaws: This variant use lithium batteries for cordless operation. They are lightweight so suited for less arduous sawing like smaller trees and general pruning. You may want a spare battery to increase the runtime, which can be limited.
- Corded Chainsaws: They are powered by electricity but have a bit more cutting power than their cordless counterparts, so they can do some heavier cutting although are still less powerful than a petrol chainsaw. The cord can restrict manoeuvrability, however.
Top 10 list of chainsaws in the UK (December 2021)
The bestseller list compares brands and their chainsaws. Which chainsaw is the best?
- Covered by Hyundai 3 year warranty & full UK service and parts available.
- Includes storage bag and bar cover: Protects the chain links and bar.
- Also is a heavy-duty chainsaw: Designed to deal with tough sawing requirements.
- Ergonomic: Lightweight and balanced, low vibration, over-mould comfortable handle;…
- Automatic oiler: The automatic oiler distributes oil on the bar and chain while the…
- Clever design: Built in chain tightening system doesn't require any tools; Oil level…
- Ergonomic handle
- Kickback protection through mechanical instant chain brake
- Powerful 2000 w motor with robust metal gearing
- Powered with 2.0 Ah lithium-ion battery offering approximately 220 x 3.5 cm cuts…
- Tool-free tensioning provides quick and simple chain fitting and adjustment
- Secondary bale handle with cover offer better handling and control during the application;…
- Well-balanced and lightweight design for easy handling with innovative debris deflector…
- Anti-vibration system reduces fatigue during operation
- Quick and reliable tool-less chain tensioning system and automatic chain and bar…
- Exceptionally light weight at only 3 kg including battery|Streamlined Bosch SDS-system…
- Switch between delicate pruning, waste management, and cutting firewood easily
- Tip Protector with grip-teeth for clean undercuts with minimal branch damage
- Covered By A P1PE 2 Year Warranty, Including Full Uk Spares Back Up TO Maintain…
- Lightweight Design: 5.4 KG & Includes A Carry Bag & Bar Cover
- Easily Accessible Side Mounted Chain Tensioner For Quick Adjustment
- For your peace of mind comes with 3 year Hyundai warranty and full UK after sales…
- Ergonomic design: Comfortable to use for extended periods.
- Easy to maintain: Tool-free assembly and automatic chain lubrication system.
- More freedom: additional power cable included for harder to reach areas
- Lightweight, ergonomic and balanced: This electric chainsaw weighs just 4.2 kg and…
- Clean, fast and safe maintenance: The large tank reduces refill frequency of the…
- HAND GUARD - Protects the operator’s hand while chainsaw is running
- TRIGGER SAFETY INTERLOCK SYSTEM - Prevents the chain rotating accidentally
- CHAIN BRAKE - A safety feature designed to reduce the possibility of injury by stopping…
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best chainsaws, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a chainsaw test. Last Update: 2021/12/04.