Review10Best compares the best clothes dryers in the UK and nominates the one by Vileda as the best clothes dryer. In our clothes dryers review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different clothes dryers and follow our recommendation on which clothes dryer to buy in the UK in 2020. With the clothes dryer comparison, you can be sure to buy the best clothes dryer on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate clothes dryer buying guide
- View our clothes dryer picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about clothes dryers
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Choosing the best clothes dryer isn’t always easy, especially when you consider the various types of machines available. Taking the time to find a great clothes dryer is always worth it as it makes drying laundry so much easier - not to mention cheaper! Check out the buying guide below for how to choose the best clothes dryers:
What are clothes dryers?
A clothes dryer, also known as a tumble dryer, is a household appliance used to dry wet laundry. It works by tumbling the clothes in a central drum which circulates heated air to evaporate the moisture in the fabrics.
Why should you buy a good clothes dryer?
The best clothes dryers work to quickly and efficiently dry laundry. This is very helpful in many situations where you can’t leave the clothes on a drying rack. For instance, many regions have cold and wet winters, meaning there are few opportunities to dry laundry using a washing line. Other times you require something to be dried as soon as possible, so don’t have the time to let it dry by air. In these instances, having a clothes dryer is incredibly useful. Plus, clothes dryers have never been more energy efficient, as well as being very quiet and easy to operate.
How to choose the right clothes dryer?
Like any household appliance, trying to find the best clothes dryer can be overwhelming. With so many things to consider, it is easy to get confused by what you need from the device.
Here are some things to consider:
- Capacity: Like a good washing machine, a clothes dryer comes with many capacity options, so be sure to think about this when buying. The best clothes dryers aren’t always the biggest, but it is important to get one with a suitably sized drum that can hold as much laundry in one load as you require.
- Location: Always plan where you intend to store the clothes dryer before buying it. Determine whether it’s going in a laundry room or in the kitchen, and be mindful that a dyer takes up a fair amount of floor space. It may be a good idea to place it in a garage or spare room if possible, as this won’t limit your size options.
- Energy Rating: Clothes dryers have always been regarded as one of the most energy-consuming appliances, making them quite expensive to operate. Thankfully, technology has improved energy ratings so that dyers are much cheaper to operate than they once were. However, you need to ensure to buy a model with a suitable energy rating. Otherwise, it may still cost a lot to use. The best clothes dryers come with great energy ratings, but they are generally more expensive. However, if you consider the money saved from less energy consumption, they may be worth investing in, especially for those who will use it frequently.
What is the best kind of clothes dryer in the UK?
There are several popular types of clothes dryer to choose from, any of which may be suitable for your needs. Some of the best-selling options include:
- Vented Dryer: The most widely available clothes dryer, vented dryers pump warm, damp air from the machine out through a hose. Most vented dryers require the hose to be connected to wall or window vent, although some don’t.
- Condenser Dryer: Easy to install, condenser clothes dryers function by condensing warm, damp air from the laundry and converting it into water. The water is removed in a container which is then emptied.
- Heat Pump Dryer: Among the most expensive types of clothes dryer but also some of the most energy efficient. A heat pump clothes dryer reused the warm air used to dry the clothes, passing it through a heat pump for a more efficient drying process.
Top 10 list of clothes dryers in the UK (June 2020)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their clothes dryers rank and which clothes dryer is the best.
- Four hanging hooks, non slip feet
- Sturdy steel frame
- Space saving and compact when folded
- Double locking mechanism, simple safe operation, folds flat for easy storage
- Flip out corners create 12 extra hanger spaces
- Wider hanging rungs optimise airflow
- Double locking mechanism, simple safe operation; folds flat for easy storage
- Sturdy moulded joints for extra strength
- Wider hanging rungs optimise airflow
- Compact size and safe folding mechanism for easy storage
- Complete with a holder for small items and wheels to easily move it around
- Steady and sturdy steel frame with safety mechanism to avoid accidental closure
- 220 – 240V / 50Hz / 1300W; Optimal capacity: 8kg Maximum capacity: 15kg; Certification:…
- Easy to use with simple timer button (20 to 240 min); Easy to assemble with no tools…
- Clothes dry safely – no shrinking or damage; Kinder to clothes than tumble…
- Anion Sterilize Electric Dryer - Anion sanitizing clothes Dryers which is helping…
- Intelligent Wireless Remote Control - Intelligent touch screen control, wireless…
- Intelligent Temperature Control - The temperature is controlled between 50 and 70…
- DIMENSION: Open size: 64 cm x 46 cm x 137 cm (L x W x H). When it’s folded…
- EASY TO STORE: Our Collapsible design safely folds flat for compact storage in a…
- HANGING HOOKS: Includes two sock dryer clips to hang your socks and underwear without…
- Each section size: 50 x 109.5 cm approximately (x4); provides 8 m of drying spac…
- Suitable for indoor or outdoor use all year round
- Arrives in a white colour with aqua coloured hinges and connectors
- Weight: 3kg approximately
- Size: (when open) height 138 cm, width 63 cm, depth 51 cm approximately
- Lightweight and space saving as it folds flat after use to store away; this arrives…
- The most secure design, built in dual temperature control safety device to ensure…
- The latest host. Up to 1000W of power, drying faster, but more secure than the previous…
- This is a double clothesline dryer that can hold 15kg of clothing.
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. Last Update. 2020/06/05 02:42 o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best clothes dryers