Review10Best compares the best coffee makers in the UK and nominates the one from Russell Hobbs as the best coffee maker. In our coffee makers review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different coffee makers and follow our recommendation on which coffee maker to buy in the UK in 2019. With the coffee maker comparison, you can be sure to buy the best coffee maker on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate coffee maker buying guide
- View our coffee maker picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about coffee makers
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Finding the best coffee maker for your personal needs takes a bit of research, especially considering how many options are available! There is simply a huge selection of coffee makers available, all of which us a variety of methods to produce the coffee.
Of course, personal taste will play a large role in this, as everyone as their own preferences when it comes to that perfect cup of coffee. So, to be sure you find the best coffee machine to suit your own tastes, it is worth knowing the differences between each type of coffee machines and how they brew the coffee.
What are coffee makers?
While many differences exist between coffee makers, they all share the common function of producing a coffee beverage from coffee beans – although some beans must be ground prior to this. Now, different types of machines will take different styles of coffee grounds, ranging from pre-ground coffee to whole beans, while others use compact coffee pods. Fundamentally, coffee makers all work in the same way – hot water combines with coffee beans to produce a hot coffee beverage. Different machines use different processes and materials to achieve this however.
Why should you buy a good coffee maker?
If you enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning and throughout the day, then a coffee maker is a great piece of hardware to own. The best coffee makers can produce a cup of high quality coffee not unlike those found in a coffee shop, and even low-entry coffee makers can produce a great-tasting beverage.
How to choose the right coffee maker?
As there is a massive range of great coffee machines available, finding the best one for you can take some time. There are many factors that may impact your decision, from the quality of the coffee produced to the price of the coffee maker.
The following are well worth considering when looking for a good coffee maker:
- Usability: Not all coffee makers are easy to use, so if you want something that will produce a good cup of coffee without fuss, you may want to avoid barista-style coffee maker. Pod or filter coffee makers are typically the best in terms of usability, requiring very little effort to produce a nice drink.
- Price: The price between coffee makers can be quite large, so be sure to take this into consideration. The highest quality machines can cost several thousands, while entry level machines are available at bargain prices. Prices of coffee makers often impact the overall quality of the coffee produced however. For instance, a cheap filter coffee maker will produce a good cup of standard coffee, whereas a ground coffee maker can produce an exceptional espresso.
- Accessories: Not all coffee makers can produce the same type of drink. For example, espresso and bean-to-cup machines tend to come with accessories for making different styles of coffee, typically a steamer to produce coffees with warm milk such as a cappuccino.
What is the best kind of coffee maker in the UK?
Finding the best coffee maker for your needs should be easier if you know the most common types of machines on the market. Each has their own merits and will produce great coffee, so a machine will often go down to personal preferences and things like your budget.
- Filter Coffee Maker: These are the best coffee maker for producing large amounts of fresh coffee. Ground coffee is combined with how water, slowly brewing through a paper filter to fill a pot below. Also, one of the more affordable options, so will be a great coffee maker for anyone on a tight budget.
- Pod/Capsule Coffee Maker: In terms of usability and quickness, this is certainly a great coffee type machine. Disposal pods are placed into the machine, which is then roasted and blended with water to produce the drink. An amazingly convienent coffee maker that is also quite affordable.
- Bean-to-cup Coffee Maker: In terms of quality coffee, there aren’t much better suited for the job than this coffee maker. Whole coffee beans are used to produce a very high-quality brew of coffee straight to the cup, with the beans being ground there and then for additional freshness. These coffee machines are best for the more enthusiastic coffee drinker.
- Espresso Coffee Maker: Easily the best coffee maker available, an espresso machine will produce high quality coffee like those sold in a coffeeshop. They are more high-end machinery however, featuring a water pressure tank, steamer, and a host of other connections and settings that allows you to make an amazing cup of coffee. However, they are the most expensive coffee maker on the market, so are best left for coffee aficionados.
Top 10 list of coffee makers in the UK (April 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their coffee makers rank and which coffee maker is the best.
- Designed to be much quicker when heating, the Buckingham coffee maker is 50 Percent…
- The blue illuminated light ring will light-up when brewing and when the coffee is…
- Make up to ten cups of coffee at once with a 1.25 Litre capacity glass carafe or…
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 13.5 x 9.5 - Wash by hand with warm water, Dry thoroughly…
- Made in Italy with food grade aluminium and heat resistant nylon
- Personalised coffee as the blend quantity and quality can be selected directly in…
- Two year guarantee
- Pods available in supermarkets and online
- Easy to use and clean. Rated voltage/Frequency (volt~Hz): 220/240~50/60
- Contents: 1 Melitta Look IV Therm Timer Filter Coffee Machine, Black/Brushed Steel,…
- Preserve your machine and the taste of coffee: Descaling program, Calcification display,…
- Have your coffee ready at the right time thanks to the Timer Feature, Easily handle…
- Connected load 1300 W; dimensions (HxWxD): 251 x 169 x 310 in mm
- Large variety of hot beverages: freshly brewed coffee, espresso, cappuccino, latte…
- 5 LED user interface provides user with current information about machine status:…
- 2 year guarantee
- Bean-to-cup quality with simple 1-touch operation
- Advanced dual boiler system, removable brewing unit and drip tray, active cup warmer…
- ☕【APPLICABLE TO INDUCTION COOKER】: This espresso maker is made of 430 food…
- ☕【6 CUPS / 300ML 】: With a quick and even heating, accompanied by a strong…
- ☕【COMFORTABLE HANDLE】: The advanced sanded handle has excellent thermal insulation…
- Product dimensions: 20.5 x 17 x 27 cm
- Up to 24 hour timer delay, anti-drip function and boil dry protection makes this…
- Equipped with an automatic shut off function for your safety
- Note: "1 cup equals 50 ml"
- Suitable for all cooking surfaces except induction
- High quality aluminum with double turns
- 【2-YEAR WARRANTY】Aevobas coffee machine provides a 2-year quality guarantee.…
- 【EXCELLENT DETAIL DESIGN】The coffee machine is designed with a warm-up area for…
- 【ADJUSTABLE FROTHING STEAM PRESSURE】Our Aevobas cappuccino coffee machine utilizes…
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/04/18 09:03 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best coffee makers