Review10Best compares the best coffee pods in the UK and selects the one by STARBUCKS as the best coffee pod. In a coffee pod buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different coffee pods and see a recommendation on which coffee pod to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of coffee pods, you can find the best coffee pods and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate coffee pod buying guide
- View the coffee pod picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Finding the best coffee pods can be difficult when there are many options to choose from. Add the fact that some are only compatible with certain machines and it becomes even more confusing, as it is not always clear what coffee pods are best for your machine. To help you find the best coffee pods, check out the below buying guide, which covers all the info you need to know about coffee pods.
What are coffee pods?
A coffee pod is a container holding a single serving of roasted ground coffee. The pod is inserted into a pod coffee machine and then high-pressure hot water passes through the ground coffee inside, brewing a single serving of coffee in a matter of seconds. Coffee pods are made in a range of flavours and are often combined with milk pods to create popular coffee beverages like a cappuccino, latte, mocha etc, so a milk frother is not needed.
Why should you buy a good coffee pod?
The best coffee pods produce a delicious coffee that is brewed in seconds, making it highly convenient while never sacrificing the quality of flavour. Because pods are single servings, they maintain a higher level of freshness compared to using loose ground coffee, so the flavour is often far superior.
Moreover, the pods contain all the coffee grounds so you don’t need to waste time cleaning a coffee pot full of used ground coffee, making it especially convenient in the mornings when you want a quick coffee with minimal clean-up required.
How to choose the right coffee pod?
Not sure what to look for in a good coffee pod? Here are some things to consider:
- Compatibility: It is important to remember that not all coffee pods are compatible with every coffee machine. So, always check the compatibility of the pod to ensure that it matches your machine. Some machines can use all types of pods while others are only compatible with one type of pod, so it helps to know what your options are before buying.
- Flavours: It sounds obvious but think about what flavours of coffee you enjoy, using this to help you select some pods. There are many types of pods to choose from so doing this can help narrow your search. Consider what type of coffee drinks you like, with espresso-based drinks (e.g. latte, cappuccino) being popular options.
- Strength: Another important thing to consider when looking for coffee pods is the strength. Not everyone enjoys strong coffee, so make sure to choose pods that are the right strength for your preferences. Intense coffees have a lasting taste while mild coffees leave a lighter taste on the tongue.
- Size: Coffee pods can produce beverages of varying sizes, so it helps to consider how large of a coffee drink you enjoy. For example, espresso-based drinks tend to feature in smaller cups, so bear in mind that the coffee will be on the smaller size. If you enjoy a large mug of coffee that will last, then consider pods designed for long coffees.
What is the best kind of coffee pod in the UK?
There are two popular types of coffee pods available to buy:
- Soft Coffee Pods: One of the less common types of pods, soft pods are designed for machines that make long coffees, resulting in lighter-tasting coffee beverages. They are the largest type of pod available.
- E.S.E Coffee Pods: Easy Serving Espresso (ESE) pods are the most widely used, being slightly smaller than soft pods with a smaller diameter. This smaller size results in a more intense coffee flavour, making it the go-to pod for making drinks like espresso, latte, cappuccino, flat white etc.
Top 10 list of coffee pods in the UK (July 2021)
The bestseller list compares brands and their coffee pods. Which coffee pod is the best?
- The product is compatible with Nespresso machines (not with Nespresso Vertuo). The…
- Coffee capsules compatible with NESPRESSO coffee machines, excluding NESPRESSO Vertuo…
- The special variety of capsules has been selected to allow you to have the perfect…
- RAINFOREST ALLIANCE CERTIFIED: The coffee we source for this product is Rainforest…
- Nespresso is not connected to Amazon
- Packaged in a protective atmosphere for freshness
- Give yourself a break every day, where there is a variety of flavors problem
- A pleasurable insight into the Fielfalt Nespresso - coffee
- Nespresso - Coffee - Set
- 10 packs serving, 100 drinks in total.
- 10 capsules of 5, 2gr (Net Weight: 52g) 10 packs = 520 g
- LUNGO PROFONDO has an intense and spicy aroma of roasted almonds and tantalizing…
- 10 x ARPEGGIO
- 10 x VIVALTO LUNGO
- 10 x COSI
- All of the NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto pods are fully recyclable via Podback
- Each box contains 30 pods designed for NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto pod coffee machines…
- We think it’s especially yummy in the morning as a breakfast accompaniment,…
- With our new capsule your coffee is protected from outside and guarantees the fresh…
- BrewBlack capsules are suitable for Nespresso Original line machines, not compatible…
- Freshly brewed coffee with delicious taste and alluring aroma, regardless of its…
- Suitable For Nespresso*Original Coffee Machines
- Fresh Stock With Long Best Before Dates - Plenty Of Time To Drink Your Coffee
- Fast and Free UK Delivery
- Used quality Arabica beans directly from the growers
- Develops a rich and lasting cream
- A balance between intensity and delicacy
- Capsules are only compatible with the Nespresso Vertuoline machine and will not work…
- A total of 30 capsules
- 1 sleeve of Melozio intensity 6, containing 10 capsules
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best coffee pods, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a coffee pod test. Last Update: 2021/07/31.