Review10Best looks at the best cordless lawn mowers in the UK and selects the one by WORX as the best lawn mower. In a cordless lawn mower buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different lawn mowers and see a recommendation on which cordless lawn mower to buy in the UK in 2020. By considering the top list of lawn mowers, you can find the best cordless lawn mowers and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate cordless lawn mower buying guide
- View the cordless lawn mower picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to lawn mowers
- Watch recommended videos about cordless lawn mowers
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
By offering unrestricted movement and exceptional performance, the best cordless lawn mowers make garden maintenance easier than ever. However, finding a suitable mower can be difficult, as there many things you need to consider such as lawn size, power, and the type of mower you need.
To help you find the best cordless lawn mower, check out the buying guide below: It covers all the information you need to know to find a suitable mower for your garden.
What are cordless lawn mowers?
A cordless lawn mower is a type mower that operates without any power cord. This is achieved by two means, either an electric motor powered by a lithium-ion battery or a combustion engine that is powered by a mixture of oil and petrol, with each one offering its own benefits.
Why should you buy a good cordless lawn mower?
A good cordless lawn mower makes cutting your grass quick and easy. Because there is no power cable, you don’t need to worry about accidentally running over it with the mower blade, while you enjoy unrestricted movement throughout your garden. The improved manoeuvrability is especially useful in larger gardens where mowing is sometimes restricted due to cable length, while it’s similarly useful for irregularly shaped lawns that require you to navigate across various obstacles.
How to choose the right cordless lawn mower?
Choosing the best lawn mower can be challenging as there are a lot of things you need to think about. Here are some tips to help you find something suitable:
- Electric or Petrol: Both electric and petrol cordless lawn mowers are available, with each one offering its own pros and cons. A petrol lawn mower is incredibly powerful, making it ideal for large lawns and overgrown grass filled with weeds, although it is much heavier so harder to move and requires more maintenance. Electric cordless mowers are battery-operated, making them lightweight and easy to operate around the garden. Battery life can be lacking though, with some offering under an hour runtime before needing to be charged, although this is less of an issue if you have a spare battery.
- Cutting Width: Always check the cutting width of a lawn mower before you buy, as this impacts how much time you spend mowing. For example, a cutting width of 40cm and above is recommended for large lawns, as this means fewer passes with the mower so you cut the grass quicker. Small and medium-sized lawns generally require cutting widths ranging from 30cm-40cm.
- Battery: If buying an electric cordless mower, make sure you check the battery runtime and charge times, as these can have a big impact on the operation of the mower. The best battery operated cordless mowers run for upwards of an hour and can be charged in 2-3 hours, anything else can be frustrating due to short runtime and long charge times.
- Cutting Height: It helps to have multiple cutting heights on a lawn mower, as this allows you to adjust the blade position to ensure you remove the right length from the grass. It’s never advised you remove more than 1/3 of the total grass length when mowing, so look for a mower with a few height settings to accommodate different grass lengths over the year.
What is the best kind of cordless lawn mower in the UK?
Some of the best-selling types of cordless lawn mowers available include:
- Rotary Lawn Mower: A rotary lawn mower features a fixed horizontal blade at the base of the machine that rotates at high speeds to cut the grass. It is a versatile option, being available in both petrol and electric models, and they are generally suitable for medium and large size gardens.
- Hover Lawn Mower: Hover lawn mowers are like rotary mowers, featuring a fixed horizontal blade that rotates to cut the grass, yet there are some differences. This includes the creation of a cushion of air as the mower operates, making it lighter and easier to operate. So these are popular for smaller gardens and areas that require more precise movements. However, they are only available as an electric mower.
- Cylinder Lawn Mower: Cylinder lawn mowers feature multiple blades that rotate against a fixed bottom blade at the front of the mower. These are perfect for precise cutting, making it the best cordless lawn mower for anyone seeking an ornamental lawn, although they are not great for anyone looking for a low maintenance mower.
Top 10 list of cordless lawn mowers in the UK (October 2020)
This top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their cordless lawn mowers rank and which lawn mower is the best.
- Power Share 20V battery is interchangeable with other 20V WORX tools
- Dual port charger, charges two batteries at the same time
- Powered by x2 20V 2.0Ah batteries (included)
- Grass Trimmer shares 1x20V Battery
- Mower uses 2x20V Batteries (40V MAX)
- Part of the WORX power Share battery platform allowing you to interchange your batteries…
- Equipped with dual lever handles allow you to comfortably operate the lawn mower…
- Cover the whole lawn without the restriction of a power cord, for better freedom…
- Equipped with a large 30 Litre grass box, meaning less time spent emptying grass…
- 3 years limited on the battery and charger
- 5 years limited product
- Lightweight and easy to manoeuvre
- 2 Years Warranty. IF YOU ENCOUNTER ANY PRODUCT ISSUE, PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT…
- Compact Design: The WG779E compacts down on size when not in use, allowing you to…
- Double Batteries Extra Running Time: The WG779E comes with 2 x 20 V WORX batteries,…
- Large 35 litre hybrid grass collection bag with grass full level indicator
- Easily adjustable 7 cutting heights ranging from 25mm-75mm
- 34cm cutting Width with rear roller
- Items included: Rotak 430 LI, 2 x batteries (2.0 Ah), charger, 50 Litre grass box,…
- The lithium-ion battery is fully charged in 140 minutes or 80 percent charged in…
- Ergonomics thanks to ergo flex handles with agar certificate
- Rear roller to produce a striped finish
- 30 litre hybrid grass collection bag with full level indicator
- Easily adjustable 5 cutting heights ranging from 20mm-60mm
- ONE BATTERY FOR ALL - the Greenworks 40V batteries from 2Ah up to powerful 4Ah are…
- 2IN1 FUNCTION - our battery mower with 50L grass catcher bag volume not only mows…
- FEATURES - with its 5-fold central cutting height adjustment from 25 to 80mm, the…
- The catch bag has a volume of 25 liters.
- The folding long handle enables space-saving storage, even in confined garden sheds…
- The high-quality impact-resistant plastic housing has no problem even with dense…
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a cordless lawn mower test. Last Update 2020/10/23 05:54. o'clock.
Other reviews related to lawn mowers
Recommended Video about the best cordless lawn mowers