Review10Best compares the best curling tongs in the UK and selects the one by TRESemme as the best curling tong. In a curling tong buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different curling tongs and see a recommendation on which curling tong to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of curling tongs, you can find the best curling tongs and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate curling tong buying guide
- View the curling tong picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
If you want to find the best curling tong for your hair, there are a few things to consider. Curling tongs vary in size, meaning you get different types of curls depending on the curling tong you buy. Therefore, it can help to know the differences and what to look for in a curling tong to ensure you get the best model for your hair.
Looking for the best curling tongs for perfect curly hair but don’t know what to buy? Check out this handy guide for all the info you need!
What are curling tongs?
A curling tong, or curling wand, is a hairstyling device that uses heat to create wavy or curly hair. The diameter of the curling tong's barrel impacts the type of curl produced, while the barrel can also be made from many different materials such as ceramic or Teflon. For example, thinner barrels are used to produce tight curls or ringlets, while thicker barrels tend to add more volume to the hairstyle.
Why should you buy a good curling tong?
The best curling wands allow the user to create a range of curly hairstyles from the comfort of home. A quality product will provide great curls without the risk of damaging the hair, making them a fine hair styling tool to have for people that love curly hairstyles. Not everyone has naturally curly hair, while those that do often struggle to get the desired style. Curling tongs are great for producing many different curly, wave, and ringlet hairstyles.
How to choose the right curling tong?
Choosing the best curling tong for your hair will depend on many things, so be sure to consider the following to make the decision easier:
- Barrel Size: Curling tongs barrels come in many sizes, all of which offer different styles of curl are suitable for different types of hair. For instance, small curling tongs provide tight curls like ringlets, are the best curling tong for medium length hair and naturally wavy hair.
- Materials: There are several materials that curling tongs are made from, and each one has different properties you may find appealing. For example, Teflon is popular as it is a cheap material that’s durable and quick to heat, but it can be quite difficult on frizzy hair, while ceramic curling tongs are better to use on dry and damaged hair.
- Hair Type: Not all curling tongs are suited for all types of hair, so be sure to think about your hair and what type of curling tong is the best choice for it. For instance, people with fine or thin hair may want a curling tong with lower heat settings, or at least heat that can be adjusted. The best curling tongs for thicker hair are those that are lightweight and capable of reaching high temperatures, while ceramic curling tongs are ideal for taming frizzy hair.
What is the best kind of curling tong in the UK?
Here are some of the most popular types of curling wands available:
- Curling Tongs with Clip: This curling tong features a clip section that attaches your hair to the barrel. It works by taking the bottom end of your hair and clipping it in place, after which you curl the hair around.
- Clipless Curling Tongs: As there is no clip to this curling tong, it results in a much more natural-looking curl, which tends to be the most preferable style for long-haired women.
- Marcel Curling Tongs: A Marcel curling tong is possibly the best performing curling wand, being the choice of most professional hairstylists. However, they are quite difficult to operate and aren’t the cheapest, but they do produce gorgeous natural curls of every variety.
Top 10 list of curling tongs in the UK (January 2021)
The top 10 list shows how brands and their curling tongs compare. Which curling tong is the best?
- Brush attachment
- Worldwide use
- 16mm ceramic coated barrel
- Show you the best products: Our tourmaline ceramic curling iron is safe for all hair…
- 60 MINUTE AUTO SHUTDOWN & DUAL VOLTAGE: Auto Off after 60 Minute, compatible…
- INSTANT HEATS UP & LCD DISPLAY: The hair curler featuring PTC heat technology,…
- High heat performance with ultra-fast heat up.
- 5 digital temperature settings from 150°C - 210°C.
- Easy to use lever to softly hold the hair as you curl.
- High heat performance with ultra fast heat up.
- 5 digital temperature settings from 140 degree C to 210 degree C
- Easy to use lever to softly hold the hair as you curl.
- Swivel cord length 1.8 m
- Comes with a 10 temperature settings for different hair types
- Ready to use in 60 seconds
- Safe Operation: Do not touch the curl iron when it is still hot, glove is only used…
- Heat-resistant GloveThe hair wand with heat-resistant glove, ergonomic non-slip handle,…
- Adjustable Temperature: "1" button (140 ), use lower temperature for fine…
- Easy to use lever to softly hold the hair as you curl
- Advanced ceramics technology for fast heat up and recovery
- 5 digital heat settings from 150C to 210C
- Beautifully Designed - With a stunning rose gold and white gloss design, this hair…
- Perfect For All Hair Types - Whether you have long, thick or fine delicate hair…
- Stress-Free + Easy To Use - Buy our Curling Tongs with confidence thanks to our…
- UK Plug
- 5 digital temperature settings from 150°C - 210°C
- Extra-long barrel for curling longer hair lengths
* Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a curling tong test. Last Update 2021/01/17 13:03 o'clock.