Review10Best looks at the best diaper pails in the UK and selects the one by Ubbi as the best diaper pail. In a diaper pail buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different diaper pails and see a recommendation on which diaper pail to buy in the UK in 2020. By considering the top list of diaper pails, you can find the best diaper pails and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate diaper pail buying guide
- View the diaper pail picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about diaper pails
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
A good diaper pail is a worthwhile investment for parents with a newborn. While not an essential buy, it’s hard to deny just how useful it is to have a dedicated disposal unit for dirty diapers, as the smell they produce is enough to make you wish you’d bought a diaper pail.
To help you find the best diaper pails for diaper disposal, check the out the buying guide below. It has all the info you need to know to choose the right pail for your needs.
What are diaper pails?
A diaper pail is a type of trash can that is designed for dirty diapers. While you can use a normal trash can for disposing of dirty diapers, these aren’t designed to contain the pungent smell they produce, with a diaper pail keeping in the smell to ensure the nursery or any other room doesn’t stink.
Why should you buy a good diaper pail?
The best diaper pail locks in the nasty smell coming off a baby’s dirty diaper. A normal trash can doesn’t quite lock in the smell as these dedicated waste units, especially when loaded with dozens of used diapers. So by using a great diaper pail you ensure no unpleasant smells emanating from the trash can.
The last thing anyone wants is for the baby’s room to smell like an uncleaned toilet, giving plenty of reasons to get a diaper pail. Yes, you could walk to a trash can in another room or outside, but this is quite a hassle and the smell will still be present.
How to choose the right diaper pail?
Here are some things to consider when buying the best diaper pail:
- Size: The size of a diaper pail determines how often it needs to be emptied, so if you want don’t want to be frequently emptying it be sure to choose a larger sized pail. Smaller pails are convenient if you want to buy several for using throughout the house, as not everyone changes their baby’s diapers in just one room.
- Liner: A diaper pail comes with either proprietary or general liners. Proprietary liners mean you need to buy specific liners while general liners let you use any sort of liner, including those you’d use in other trash cans. General liners are usually cheaper to buy but may not lock in odours as effectively as a propriety liner.
- Ease of Use: It helps to choose a diaper liner that is easy to use, as there are instances where you need to throw out the diaper while holding the baby. Hands-free designs like a foot pedal are useful for this.
What is the best kind of diaper pail in the UK?
There are two most common types of diaper pails available to buy:
- Diaper Pails with General Liners: This type of diaper pail uses ordinary bin liners, making it more convenient and affordable as you don’t need to buy specific liners. Sometimes they aren’t as effective as locking in the odour, as many property liners are scented.
- Diaper Pails with Proprietary Liners: Because it uses proprietary bin liners, this type of diaper pail will cost more in the long run as you need to buy one type of liner that is usually costlier than a normal trash bag. They do tend to block the odours more efficiently, usually by being scented or made from thicker material.
Top 10 list of diaper pails in the UK (August 2020)
This top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their diaper pails rank and which diaper pail is the best.
- CHILDPROOF LOCK: Keeps little hands from finding their way inside the Ubbi nappy…
- NO SPECIAL MECHANISM – SIMPLICITY WORKS BEST: Ready right out of the box, simple…
- STEEL LOCKS IN ODOR: Unlike plastic, steel is not porous and keeps the smell shielded…
- Life After Diapers: Converts from Diaper Pail to Trash Can
- Closed-Cell ABS Plastic Works Like Metal Does Not Absorb Odors
- Effective Triple Odor Control Keeps the Smell in the Pail
- 2 zippered compartments to accommodate your wet and dry items at the same time while…
- 2 handles - makes it easy to carry around and hang on the door knob or hook to save…
- Size:17.7 inches wide by 25.2 inches tall.It holds 20-25 diapers.
- The two-pail system is a best choice. You can use a new liner on laundry day.
- These bags are perfect for soiled laundry and dirty cloth diapers. Storing your dirty…
- About the product
- Tommee Tippee diaper pail Twist and Click Sangenic Tec starter set with 6 refill…
- Holds up to 30 nappies
- 100x more effective than nappy sacks
- AIR-SEAL- The multi-layer film in the cassette provides effective odour-barrier technology,…
- All nappies in the nappy bin are safely contained and you’ll not have to touch…
- No difficult twisting required, which means you’ll always have one hand free…
- Contents: 1x Rotho Babydesign Bella Bambina Nappy Pail, Capacity: 10l, Measurements:…
- Combinable with matching accessories: Changing Pad and Wash Bowl as support when…
- Thick, durable material made of recyclable polypropylene, Tested for chemical harmlessness,…
- Note: The bags from the photo are not included
- 101 times more effective at odour protection than nappy sacks plus
- Bin holds up to 28 nappies at one time*
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a diaper pail test. Last Update 2020/08/14 20:33. o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best diaper pails