Review10Best looks at the best dishwashers in the UK and selects the one by ELECTRA as the best dishwasher. In a dishwasher buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different dishwashers and see a recommendation on which dishwasher to buy in the UK in 2020. By considering the top list of dishwashers, you can find the best dishwashers and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate dishwasher buying guide
- View the dishwasher picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about dishwashers
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Finding the best dishwasher for your home is much like buying any other home appliance - you will want to know what features and functions constitute a great dishwasher, which shouldn’t be too difficult to determine. There are many good dishwasher appliances to suit almost every budget, so finding one that is perfect for your home is certainly possible!
What are dishwashers?
A dishwasher is a home appliance that automatically washes dirty dishes, removing the need for them to be washed by hand. Dishwashers function differently from traditional hand washing in that they do not rely on manual scrubbing to remove dirt and stains, rather using sprays of hot water combined with detergent to create a cleaning mixture that washes the dishes.
Why should you buy a good dishwasher?
While the best dishwashers make short work of dirty dishes, saving you the time and hassle of doing so by hand, they are also an environmentally friendly appliance that could lower your water usage significantly. This is because modern dishwashers are much more energy efficient, so can perform cleaning cycles with a fraction of the water used to manually wash dishes. So, not only does a great dishwasher save you time, but it could end up saving you money, too.
How to choose the right dishwasher?
To find the best dishwasher for your needs, it is important to know what you expect from the appliance. There are many options out there, so it is always a good idea to consider some features and functions before making your choice.
- Capacity: While for many the best dishwasher will be the one that can hold the most dishes, it’s not necessarily a good thing for every situation. Full-size dishwashers are ideal for large families using lots of dishes, but a slimline option with a smaller capacity will be more than enough for many people. Look for place setting capacity numbers when browsing options. For instance, a 12x capacity can hold 12 plates of differing sizes, 12 cups, knives, forks, and spoons etc.
- Energy Efficiency : Energy efficient dishwashers are a great option for saving money thanks to their ability to use far less water and electricity, therefore reducing operating costs. While most good dishwashers have some degree of energy efficiency, additional features such as half load options, eco-wash cycles, and drying cycles can help to further reduce energy consumption.
- Size: Like most appliances, dishwashers are available in many shapes and sizes, so be sure to think about where it will be going in your home. As they are viewed as a luxury appliance by many, there may be a lack of space for them in some kitchens, in which case a compact or slimline dishwasher could be a better option.
What is the best kind of dishwasher in the UK?
You will want to think about what type of dishwasher is most suitable for your needs when looking for the best dishwashers possible. While very much the same in terms of functions, there are a few notable differences between dishwasher types that may appeal to you:
- Freestanding Dishwashers: Freestanding dishwashers are the most popular and widespread option available today. They are quite standard in their design, being a freestanding appliance that can fit into most kitchen spaces or washrooms. The best dishwasher in terms of price, freestanding options are a great first-time appliance for anyone looking to invest in a dishwasher.
- Integrated Dishwashers: Like other integrated appliances, such as integrated microwaves, an integrated dishwasher is designed to subtly blend into the rest of the kitchen. They are often built behind a cabinet door or fascia to hide them from sight, making them a much more aesthetically pleasing option that integrates nicely with the rest of the kitchen.
Top 10 list of dishwashers in the UK (October 2020)
This top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their dishwashers rank and which dishwasher is the best.
- Dimensions (cm) - H84.5 x W60 x D60
- Height Adjustable Top Basket: offers extra space, especially for tall dishes
- Multiple water protection: for optimum security against flooding
- 30 Minutes Quick Wash Time
- Adjustable Racking
- 49 dB Noise Level
- Dimensions 845 (H) x 450 (W) x 598 (D)
- Salt level indicator
- 5 wash programmes
- Each tablet is individually wrapped for freshness
- One pack of 110 tablets
- Recommended by dishwasher manufacturers such as Beko and BOSCH
- Please be advised that this device comes with a licensed EU to UK converter plug…
- ECO PROGRAMME: The intensive mode is suitable for heavy dirt, the fast mode is sufficient…
- 6 PROGRAMMES: With six programmes - ECO, intensive cleaning, glass cleaning, 58-min…
- <b>EBAY:</b> FixedPriceItem
- <b>Drying Performance:</b> A
- <b>Consumption:</b> 266 kWh
- This model’s measurements are 850 (H) x 600 (W) x 598 (D) (cm) – make…
- The salt indicator lets you know when your salt needs topping up, so your dishes…
- It comes with 6 wash programmes, so you’re sorted whether your dishes need…
- Dimensions 815 (H) x 598 (W) x 550 (D)
- Salt level indicator
- 6 wash programmes
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a dishwasher test. Last Update 2020/10/30 03:48. o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best dishwashers