Review10Best compares the best dog beds in the UK and nominates the one from Bunty as the best dog bed. In our dog beds review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different dog beds and follow our recommendation on which dog bed to buy in the UK in 2019. With the dog bed comparison, you can be sure to buy the best dog bed on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate dog bed buying guide
- View our dog bed picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to dog beds
- Watch recommended videos about dog beds
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Buying the best dog bed for your pet is always worthwhile. Not only do you get the satisfaction of knowing your pet is resting in the upmost of comfort, but your dog will physically benefit from having a warm and comfortable location to sleep. To find the best dog beds possible, there are a few things you will want to consider, as there are a quite a few options out there. Knowing what to look for will make finding a great dog bed easy, so check out everything you need to know with this handy buying guide.
What are dog beds?
A dog bed is a piece of furniture designed for a dog to sleep on. They feature a soft material inside that provides cushioning and support, while also being designed to help keep a dog warm and comfortable. There are many designs and styles available for dog beds, from popular cushions and mattresses to specially designed beds to fit inside crates and kennels. Given the wide range of dog sizes, dog beds are also available in many shapes and sizes, e.g. dog beds for large dogs and for small dogs.
Why should you buy a good dog bed?
It’s rather obvious why you would buy a dog bed, and most good dog owners are more than happy to buy a great dog bed for their best friend. For those that don’t think a dog bed is too important, there are many reasons why this isn’t true, as finding the best dog bed for your pet can improve both its mental and physical well-being. Dog beds don’t just provide a comfortable place for a dog to sleep and rest. They also provide support for joints and bones to help keep your pet pain-free, not to mention keeping them warm and insulated from the cold. Plus, who doesn’t want to treat their beloved pet to a fantastic dog bed!
How to choose the right dog bed?
There are so many things you need to take into consideration before choosing a dog bed. After all, there is simply an endless amount of options out there when it comes to dog beds, so knowing what to look for should help you find the best dog bed:
- Size: It’s a rather obvious thing to look for in a dog bed, but you will want to choose one that is the right size. While no bed is too big, getting a bed that is too small may limit the support offered, especially with larger dog breeds. Always make sure the size of the bed is big enough to support your pet.
- Sleeping Position: Just like people, dogs sleep in many different positions, so it is important to find a bed that’s suitable for your dog’s sleeping position. For instance, if your dog stretches when he sleeps, then you will want to make sure there is enough room to do this, while dogs that enjoy curling when they sleep should be fine with a smaller, more rounded bed.
- Materials: You can decide what type of materials will be best suited for your dog, although it’s worth mentioning that quality materials will help the bed last longer. This is especially true if your dog likes to chew their dog bed, which is especially common for puppies.
- Features: Your dog may benefit from a bed that has additional features, such as extra support for joints and points or heating that can be turned on to help keep them warm. Certain dogs might prefer a hooded section to crawl under, while elevated dog beds can be great for keeping large dogs cool in warm climates.
What is the best kind of dog bed in the UK?
There are many different types of dog bed available, any of which might be suitable for your pet. Here are some of the most popular types of dog beds and what they could offer your dog:
- Standard Dog Beds: The most recognizable and widely use dog bed, these are typically oversized cushions that provide ample support and comfort for a dog. They come with many types of fillings and materials but tend to be the most cost-effective option, with sizes available for every dog.
- Nest Dog Beds: Much the same as a standard dog bed but with the addition of raised sides. These dog beds provide a sense of security and a better for dogs that like to feel secure before they sleep. Probably the best dog bed for dogs that curl up when sleeping.
- Orthopaedic Dog Beds: Usually sporting a mattress design, orthopedic dog beds provide additional support and comfort. This makes them the best dog bed for older dogs suffering from issues such as arthritis. They are also great for larger dogs thanks to the extra support in the cushioning.
Top 10 list of dog beds in the UK (July 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their dog beds rank and which dog bed is the best.
- Available in sizes Small, Medium, Large, XL and XXL.
- 100% machine washable up to 30 degrees c and 800rpm.
- Tough stitching gives bed durability assisted by non-slip base.
- Inner Mixed Polyester Hollow Fiber Filling
- Cover 50% Cotton, 50% Polyester
- Large (29 x 39 inches) (73cm x 99cm) , Extra Large (39"x58")(99x147cm)
- Removable Zip Cover easy to wash, Bottom cloth cover made of non woven fabric with…
- Dog Size : Large size suitable for small/medium and Extra Large for medium/large…
- Dimension: Large: 58cm x 80cm + 4cm Extra Large: 78cm x 120cm + 5cm
- Cushion Area Size (L x W) 40 x 35cm
- Dog Bed Dimensions (L x W x H) 57 x 52 x 22cm
- 100% machine washable at 30 degrees
- EASY CARE --- Machine wash cold, Line dry only .Do not use bleach, do not tumble…
- WATERPROOF & NON-SLIP BOTTOM --- With the dog bed's waterproof anti-slip bottom,…
- FOR ALL SIZE PET --- 6 sizes for you to choose, suitable for small, medium and large…
- Machine washable at 30°c
- Stylish and modern for today's home
- Padded grey cord oval sleeper with a soft, luxury plush inner
- The dog bed is designed in two sizes to accommodate different sizes of dogs, small…
- Stylish and modern for today's home.In order to make the pets sleep more comfortable…
- The entire cats/dogs bed can be removed and washed to reduce the growth of viral…
- EASY ASSEMBLY to PEACE OF MIND: (i) 'Bolsters' (couch arms) pre-loaded in fabric…
- IDEAL FOR MEDIUM/LARGE OR MULTIPLE SMALLER DOGS: (i) 91 x 71 x 23 CM. Can easily…
- EASY TO CLEAN: (i) Removable cover is machine washable. (ii) Simple to spot clean…
- Size Details: 36 (35.43 x 23.62 inch) , 42 (42.12 x 29.52 inch) , 47 (47 x 33 in…
- Multi-Size Choice: 27.5 to 47 Inch, Suitable For Small,Medium and Large Dogs,Cool…
- Anti-Slip Design Dog Bed Mat: Non-Skid Bottom Design Keep the Crate Pad in Position…
- Dimensions 70 x 45 x 18.5cm
- 30°C machine washable
- Non-slip backing, ideal for use on polished floors and tiles
i,ii Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/07/20 17:48 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program (case i) and Kelkoo Associates Program (case ii), a affiliate advertising programs that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon and other merchants. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Other reviews related to dog beds
Recommended Video about the best dog beds