Review10Best compares the best dog foods for sensitive stomach in the UK and selects the one by Alpha Foods as the best dog food. In a dog food for sensitive stomach buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different dog foods and see a recommendation on which dog food for sensitive stomach to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of dog foods, you can find the best dog foods for sensitive stomach and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate dog food for sensitive stomach buying guide
- View the dog food for sensitive stomach picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to dog foods
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Finding the best dog food for a pet with a sensitive stomach can be difficult. While many dog-related digestive problems can be attributed to the alimentation, sometimes its part of an underlying health issue, so it’s important to clarify this before you buy anything.
If the vet says it is down to your pet’s diet, then it’s time to re-evaluate what they are eating, with special dog food for sensitive stomach being a worthwhile investment. Here’s everything you need to know to find a good dog food for sensitive stomachs.
What are dog foods for sensitive stomach?
This is a type of dog food with specially formulated ingredients for dogs with a sensitive stomach. It typically has fewer additives, lower fat, and utilises ingredients that are easier to digest for dogs that have dietary issues.
The ingredients used in a the best hypoallergenic dog food products varies from brand to brand, with foods often designed for specific dietary issues like indigestion, food allergies or intolerances of ingredients commonly used in dog foods.
Why should you buy a good dog food for sensitive stomach?
If your dog has a sensitive stomach and eating the wrong food, it’s likely harming their overall health and wellbeing. For example, a few notable symptoms that a dog with a sensitive stomach might endure include vomiting, diarrhoea, abdominal pain, and lower energy. You don’t want your dog to suffer from any of these conditions as it will make life very uncomfortable and will likely shorten its life over the long-term, highlighting the importance of buying the best food for a dog with a sensitive stomach.
How to choose the right dog food for sensitive stomach?
Here are some important things to consider when choosing the best dog food for sensitive stomach:
- Dietary Issue: If you identify your dog’s dietary as the issue then choosing food that alleviates this it is much easier. For example, if your dog is dealing with something simple like constipation then a food high in fibre is recommended, while more complex issues like IBS may require a special prescription gastrointestinal dog food.
- Ingredients: Always check the ingredients of the food to determine its suitability for your dog’s specific digestive issue. Moreover, look at the overall quality of ingredients and try to avoid foods that have too many fillers, artificial flavourings, colourings, and preservatives.
What is the best kind of dog food for sensitive stomach in the UK?
Here are some of the best choices for dog food for sensitive stomachs:
- Limited Ingredient Dog Foods: As the name suggests, this dog food has limited ingredients so there is less strain on the digestive system. It usually includes a single protein sourced from meat, low-fat content, and some probiotics for easier digestion.
- Hypoallergenic Dog Foods: This type of dog food uses a special formula with low content of allergenes, making it the best option for dogs with a sensitive stomach.
- Prescription Dog Foods: Gastrointestinal (GI) dog food is prescribed by vets for dogs with serious digestive issues. The custom-made food for specific ailments can be a very effective treatment when all other options aren’t working.
Top 10 list of dog foods for sensitive stomach in the UK (January 2021)
The top 10 list shows how brands and their dog foods for sensitive stomach compare. Which dog food is the best?
- 20% protein
- Easy soak for sensitive teeth and gums
- Nutritionally formulated for sensitive stomachs
- Naturally hypoallergenic
- Includes prebiotics, joint supplements and yucca extract
- Includes 22 Percent fresh ocean white fish
- NO ADDED preservatives
- FREE FROM artificial flavours and colours
- Taurine is an amino acid that supports a healthy heart
- TAILORED NUTRITION to help support sensitive skin and digestion.
- Dual shape and size kibbles
- With Natural Prebiotic, proven to help improve Digestive Health
- We do not add any artificial colours, flavours or sugars to our foods
- Contains an extract from the yucca plant thought to help reduce flatulent odours
- Contains probiotic MOS to support the population of healthy bacteria within the…
- NEW LOOK – look out for our range of newly designed packs coming soon. Same…
- INDEPENDENT - British company with your pet's health at the heart of what we do.…
- NATURALLY NUTRITIOUS - tasty recipes combining our veterinary expertise, nutritional…
- Supports sensitive skin and digestion
- Contains potato – novel carbohydrate source
- All-round health and vitality
- Suitable for sensitive dogs
- Highly digestible
- Recommended for Adult dogs of all breeds (less than 40 kg) from 1 year onwards and…
- Clinically proven to help support lean muscles with animal proteins
- Promotes healthy skin and radiant coat with clinically proven ratio of omega six…
- Supports sensitive skin and digestion
- Contains duck – novel protein source
* Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a dog food for sensitive stomach test. Last Update 2021/01/27 00:30 o'clock.
Other reviews related to dog foods