Review10Best compares the best dog foods in the UK and nominates the one from INSPIRED PET NUTRITION LIMITED as the best dog food. In our dog foods review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different dog foods and follow our recommendation on which dog food to buy in the UK in 2019. With the dog food comparison, you can be sure to buy the best dog food on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate dog food buying guide
- View our dog food picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to dog foods
- Watch recommended videos about dog foods
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Buying the best dog foods for your pet should be a no-brainer: The better the food the healthier you dog will be. So it makes sense that pet owners look to find the most quality dog food products possible. Yet, finding the best dog food isn’t always easy. There are a huge range of products to choose from, some of which may or may not be suitable for your dog. So knowing what to look for should make finding the best nutrition for your dog much easier.
What are dog foods?
Dog food is any type of commercially produced food product made specifically for dogs. As dogs can thrive on a variety of food types, there are many different types of dog food products sold today, including the widely used wet food and dry food, while there are also many alternatives such as raw food, homemade food, frozen food, and even vegetarian food. Because a dog’s intestinal tract is suited for consumption of meat, the best dog food products usually contain high amounts of meat and other dog-friendly ingredients.
Why should you buy a good dog food?
It goes without saying that any dog-owner needs to buy dog food for their pet. However, not everyone buys the best dog food possible for their own dog, causing many dogs to eat unhealthy foods. As the best dog foods contain the most suitable and healthy ingredients for dogs, any dog-owner should aspire to provide their pet with the best diet possible to ensure they live a long, happy and healthy life.
How to choose the right dog food?
There are many things worth considering when looking for a good dog food. Doing so should mean you find the best dog food possible, so here are some things worth thinking about:
- Age: Dogs need different types of foods at different stages of their lives, so be sure to get one that is suitable for your pet’s age. For instance, puppies require calorie-rich dog food high in protein, vitamins, and minerals to help with growth, while a senior dog has other requirements for its food.
- Ingredients: Any good dog food should have the right balance of ingredients, yet not everyone knows what to look for. This is made harder by the huge selection of ingredients often present in dog food. Meat is one of the most important ingredients a dog requires, so a good method to use is to only choose a dog food that contains only one source of meat as their main ingredients. Other ingredients to look out for include grains, although non-grains may be necessary for dogs with sensitive stomaches.
- Type: Dry and wet food are two main types of dog food, so you will need to choose either one of these or a combination. For some dogs one type of food might be more suitable depending on allergies and sensitivities. So you often need to try out each to see which agrees with them most, as well as doing some research regarding the most suited ingredients for your dog.
What is the best kind of dog food in the UK?
As previously mentioned there are two main types of dog food available. Each one offers their own pros and cons, so be sure to consider each one to find out which might be the best dog food for your pet:
- Wet Dog Food: This type of dog food is suitable for most dogs, especially those that require more moisture in their diet. This dog food is usually shipped in cans. Wet dog food also tends to have higher protein content, although they also have higher fat than most other dog foods. Usually wet dog food is the cheapest option to go for. However, as there is a higher moisture content than other types of dog food, the dog have to drink less water.
- Dry Dog Food: Often regarded as the healthier option, dry dog food contains less moisture. Dry dog food encourages good dental hygiene as dogs need to chew them more thoroughly.
Top 10 list of dog foods in the UK (August 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their dog foods rank and which dog food is the best.
- Natural ingredients
- The natural choice
- Rich in Lamb & Rice
- With no artificial colours or flavours and no added sugar
- With added yucca to help reduce flatulent odours
- With prebiotics to help improve digestion
- Forthglade's natural high meat wet dog food is made in Devon, UK.
- No sugars, artificial colours, flavours or preservatives. Easy to digest and packed…
- Our complete dog food is grain free which is perfect for dogs with sensitive tum…
- 100 percent complete and delicious wet dog food for adult dogs, this pet food contains…
- Natural fibres to help keep his insides healthy so he always feels his best
- Calcium to support healthy bones, vitamin E to help support his immune system so…
- Rich in proteins and carbohydrates for a balanced source of energy.We do not add…
- Contains citrus extracts to help support a healthy immune system.
- Contains probiotic MOS to support the population of healthy bacteria within the gut.Contains…
- High proportion of chicken ingredients - a total of 45% meaning lower levels of…
- Moderately energy dense
- Easily digested
- Contains Glucosamine and Chondroitin
- Maintains healthy coat
- Maintains energy
- With quality protein to help maintain body condition
- Vitamin D and minerals for healthy teeth and strong bones
- With natural chicory to help support healthy digestion
- For adult dogs from 12 months to 7 years
- Gentle on your dog's digestion
- Nourising turkey with brown and pearl rice, plus whole oats in crunchy tasty kib…
- This pack contains: 10 x beef, 10 x chicken, 10 x lamb, 10 x poultry.
- Zinc and sunflower oil containing omega 6 to maintain a healthy skin and coat.
- Vitamin E to help support the immune system.
i,ii Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/08/22 01:22 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program (case i) and Kelkoo Associates Program (case ii), a affiliate advertising programs that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon and other merchants. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Other reviews related to dog foods
- Best Dry Dog Food in the UK 2019
- Best Dog Food for Puppies in the UK 2019
- Best Wet Dog Food in the UK 2019
- Best Canned Dog Food in the UK 2019
- Best Dog Food for Allergies in the UK 2019
- Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomach in the UK 2019
- Best Senior Dog Food in the UK 2019
- Best Dog Food for Weight Loss in the UK 2019
Recommended Video about the best dog foods