Review10Best compares the best dog foods in the UK and selects the one by Morrisons as the best dog food. In a dog food buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different dog foods and see a recommendation on which dog food to buy in the UK in 2023. By considering the top list of dog foods, you can find the best dog foods and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate dog food buying guide
- View the dog food picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to dog foods
Buying the best dog foods for your pet should be a no-brainer: The better the food the healthier you dog will be. So it makes sense that pet owners look to find the most quality dog food products possible. Yet, finding the best dog food isn’t always easy. There are a huge range of products to choose from, some of which may or may not be suitable for your dog. So knowing what to look for should make finding the best nutrition for your dog much easier.
What are dog foods?
Dog food is any type of commercially produced food product made specifically for dogs. As dogs can thrive on a variety of food types, there are many different types of dog food products sold today, including the widely used wet food and dry food, while there are also many alternatives such as raw food, homemade food, frozen food, and even vegetarian food. Because a dog’s intestinal tract is suited for consumption of meat, the best dog food products usually contain high amounts of meat and other dog-friendly ingredients.
Why should you buy a good dog food?
It goes without saying that any dog-owner needs to buy dog food for their pet. However, not everyone buys the best dog food possible for their own dog, causing many dogs to eat unhealthy foods. As the best dog foods contain the most suitable and healthy ingredients for dogs, any dog-owner should aspire to provide their pet with the best diet possible to ensure they live a long, happy and healthy life.
How to choose the right dog food?
There are many things worth considering when looking for a good dog food. Doing so should mean you find the best dog food possible, so here are some things worth thinking about:
- Age: Dogs need different types of foods at different stages of their lives, so be sure to get one that is suitable for your pet’s age. For instance, puppies require calorie-rich dog food high in protein, vitamins, and minerals to help with growth, while a senior dog has other requirements for its food.
- Ingredients: Any good dog food should have the right balance of ingredients, yet not everyone knows what to look for. This is made harder by the huge selection of ingredients often present in dog food. Meat is one of the most important ingredients a dog requires, so a good method to use is to only choose a dog food that contains only one source of meat as their main ingredients. Other ingredients to look out for include grains, although non-grains may be necessary for dogs with sensitive stomaches.
- Type: Dry and wet food are two main types of dog food, so you will need to choose either one of these or a combination. For some dogs one type of food might be more suitable depending on allergies and sensitivities. So you often need to try out each to see which agrees with them most, as well as doing some research regarding the most suited ingredients for your dog.
What is the best kind of dog food in the UK?
As previously mentioned there are two main types of dog food available. Each one offers their own pros and cons, so be sure to consider each one to find out which might be the best dog food for your pet:
- Wet Dog Food: This type of dog food is suitable for most dogs, especially those that require more moisture in their diet. This dog food is usually shipped in cans. Wet dog food also tends to have higher protein content, although they also have higher fat than most other dog foods. Usually wet dog food is the cheapest option to go for. However, as there is a higher moisture content than other types of dog food, the dog have to drink less water.
- Dry Dog Food: Often regarded as the healthier option, dry dog food contains less moisture. Dry dog food encourages good dental hygiene as dogs need to chew them more thoroughly.
Top 10 list of dog foods in the UK (January 2023)
The bestseller list compares brands and their dog foods. Which dog food is the best?
- No added artificial colours or flavours
- Vat free
- Developed with pet food experts
- No artificial colours or flavours
- Citrus antioxidants
- Reduces flatulent odours
- Developed by Pet Food experts
- Helps support shiny coat & healthy skin
- With vegetables and essential vitamins and minerals
- Prebiotic FOS, to Help Maintain a Healthy Digestion
- Linseed - A Source of Omega 3, Fats to Support Wellbeing and Anti- Inflammation
- Beet Pulp To Help Support Stool Quality And Digestion Transit
- No derivatives, preservatives or fillers - natural and healthy dog food
- Made with proper meat - no meat meal, no bone meal, no rendered meat
- Made with freshly prepared meat, vegetables, fruits and herbs
- No dairy
- No nasties
- All natural ingredients + vitamins & minerals
- No added artificial colours
- Helps to support vitality
- Helps support healthy digestion with quality ingredients
- UK MADE FOR OVER 140 YEARS — we’ve been creating premium dog food blends…
- FEEDING GUIDE — serve dry or with water or gravy as preferred. When feeding…
- PACKED WITH BENEFICIAL INGREDIENTS — our balanced formula contains crunchy…
- IMPORTANT: When introducing your cat to a new food, gradually make the change over…
- Divide each pouch over 2 meals a day. Pregnant/nursing mothers may require up to…
- Contains all essential vitamins and minerals to maintain your dog in good condition.…
- Items delivered: 84 x 100g Pedigree Wet Dog Food Pouches in Gravy / Developed by…
- Nutrient rich food, filled with natural fibres, calcium, vitamin E, omega 6, zinc…
- Different flavours allowing for a flexible, tasty and healthy diet, with the nutrients…
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best dog foods, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a dog food test. Last Update: 2023/01/27.
Other reviews related to dog foods