Review10Best looks at the best dog treats in the UK and selects the one by Bounce and Bella as the best dog treat. In a dog treat buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different dog treats and see a recommendation on which dog treat to buy in the UK in 2020. By considering the top list of dog treats, you can find the best dog treats and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate dog treat buying guide
- View the dog treat picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about dog treats
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Pet owners always want the best dog treats for the four-legged friend but with so many products to choose from, finding the right treat for your dog can be tricky. While dogs will eat most treats you, it’s important to choose something healthy while also considering whether it serves another purpose such as training or dental hygiene.
To help find something, check out this handy guide for all info you need to get the best and healthiest dog treats for your pet.
What are dog treats?
Dog treats are small edible snacks for dogs. Perhaps best known as dog biscuits, treats have now expanded into a wide range of foods, although they typically contain a similar combination of meat-based protein, fibre, fats and carbohydrates. The best dog treats offer nutritional value and lack too many fats and preservatives, although many aren’t the healthiest for a dog - much the same as human treats!
Why should you buy a good dog treat?
Every dog deserves a few treats throughout the day, giving plenty of reason to buy some tasty snacks for them. They are a great way to reward a dog’s good behaviour and to help with various types of training through positive reinforcement, while some can serve additional purposes such as helping to clean the dog’s teeth.
How to choose the right dog treat?
Here are some things to think about when looking for the best dog biscuits:
- Ingredients: Always try to choose dog treats with a healthy balance of ingredients, mainly protein, carbs, fibre, and some fats. Try to avoid anything with too many additives and flavourings, opting for natural ingredients whenever possible, and try to limit the fat and sugar content of any treat.
- Purpose: While all treats are a welcome reward for any dog, consider whether you need them for something else. For example, many dog biscuits help improve dental hygiene, some promote healthier joints, and most can be used for training - although some are better than others for this.
- Calories: Always check the calorie content of treats and make sure that the amount you give the dog each day only counts for 10% of their daily calorie intake. It’s a useful way of working out how healthy the treats are, as those with lower calories are usually made with natural ingredients and little to no preservatives.
What is the best kind of dog treat in the UK?
There are many types of best-selling dog treats that you can buy:
- Crunchy Dog Treats: Treats with crunchy textures include the classic dog biscuit and various other snacks like cookies and bars. The harder texture of these treats also helps to clean the dog’s teeth, while many have ingredients that promote things like good digestive health and healthy bones and joints.
- Soft Dog Treats: Also called chewy treats, they have a pleasantly soft texture and flavour that dogs love and are sold in many shapes, sizes, and flavour combinations. They tend to be smaller than biscuits so are popular for training purposes.
- Meat Dog Treats: These types of treats are usually sourced entirely from meat, including things like meat sticks, jerky, pig ears etc.
- Dental Dog Treats: While most dog treats are good for dental health, dental treats are much harder and difficult to break down than other types of treat, making them even better for oral hygiene. They are edible but just take a lot of chewing to break down and digestive, which is how they are so good for teeth and gums of your dog.
Top 10 list of dog treats in the UK (August 2020)
This top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their dog treats rank and which dog treat is the best.
- HEALTHY! Unlike other training treats which stuff their reward treats with cheap…
- WORRY FREE! Help end your pet parent worries over hidden nasties. Buy simple, tasty…
- ONLY 5 INGREDIENTS! Fresh chicken, duck & turkey meat (80%), potato and sweet…
- 100% PURE BEEF! Just one ingredient, so they’re perfect for dogs with allergies…
- NATURAL! No chemicals are used to speed up the drying process (unlike rawhide chews!)…
- HIGHEST QUALITY! Patiently air dried for days at low temperatures to enhance the…
- Main Ingredient: Cheese, 10%
- A delicious crunchy shortbread biscuit made with selected cuts of cheese
- No artificial additives, colours or preservatives
- Comes in handy re-usable tub
- Another new biscuit line to add to the extra select range
- Perfect snack or treat
- Tasty Minis are delicious small bite dog treats that contain no artificial colours…
- Pedigree Tasty Minis dog treats are dog chews that contain Omega 3 to help keep them…
- A complementary pet food, Tasty Minis dog treats have been developed into a varied…
- Low fat
- Gluten and grain free formula
- No sugar, No colourants, No flavour enhancers, No preservatives, No GMOs
- Beef dog treats, lamb dog treats, and poultry dog treats with no artificial colours…
- Treats for dogs with minerals including Calcium to help keep bones strong
- Dog treats for training with Vitamin E to help support natural defences
- Not suitable for puppies and dogs under 15 lbs (6.8 kg)
- Chicken and beef dog chews in small/ medium/ large, 28s/56s
- Chicken dog chews in small/ medium/large, 3s/7s
- 100% PURE BEEF: Beef is the only ingredient so our treats are ideal for pets with…
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Expertly dried using low temperatures to lock in vitamins, minerals…
- ALL NATURAL: We use a traditional chemical free air-drying process unlike rawhide…
- Ideal for puppies and small breeds. Also available in MEDIUM and LARGE treat siz…
- Small compressed treats ideal for repeat rewarding won't crumble in your pocket
- Natural Human Grade Ingredients only Cereal and Grain Free
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a dog treat test. Last Update 2020/08/13 21:39. o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best dog treats