Review10Best looks at the best dry dog foods in the UK and selects the one by Gilbertson & Page as the best dog food. In a dry dog food buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different dog foods and see a recommendation on which dry dog food to buy in the UK in 2020. By considering the top list of dog foods, you can find the best dry dog foods and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate dry dog food buying guide
- View the dry dog food picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to dog foods
- Watch recommended videos about dry dog foods
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Pet owners always want the best dog food, yet with so many options available knowing which one to choose can be difficult. Dry dog food is one of the most widely sold foods for dogs and is a great choice for most pets, although it’s important that you choose a quality dog food to get the most value for money.
Check out this buying guide for all the information you need to find the best dry dog food for your four-legged friend:
What are dry dog foods?
Dry dog food, also known as kibble, is a pet food formulated for dogs that closely resembles small biscuits. Unlike wet dog food which uses fresh meat as the main ingredient, dry dog foods are made from various ingredients and are very energy-dense, offering a nutritionally packed meal for much less than your average canned dog food.
Why should you buy a good dry dog food?
The best dry dog foods offer many advantages, namely being very affordable while offering all the daily nutrition for your pet. Due to the harder texture of the food, your dog’s dental hygiene also improves with dried dog food, while the energy-dense feed ensures your pet has plenty of energy to get them through the day.
Plus, with countless well-known dog food brands and types to choose from, like dehydrated, air-dried or freeze-dried, it’s easy to find a great dry dog food that caters to your budget and your pet’s tastes!
How to choose the right dry dog food?
Struggling to find the best dry dog food? Here are some things to look out for:
- Ingredients: Always check the ingredients of dog food to ensure it has everything your dog needs. While dry dog food has less fresh meat, look for meat substances like bone meal or meat meal, while also looking for plant-based substances to bring some balance to their meals. Also, avoid foods with ingredients like artificial preservatives and flavourings.
- Dog Age: Dogs’ dietary needs change over time, so always consider the age of your pet and choose suitable dry food for him. For instance, puppies need foods with lots of calories due to all the energy they use, senior dogs need much less dense food, while adults need something in the middle.
- Size and Breed: Much like age, a dog’s size and breed influence its dietary needs, so be sure to think about this before you buy. For example, smaller dogs need far less nutritionally dense food than large and medium-sized dogs, while highly active breeds like border collies and German Shepherds will need much denser food than lazier breeds like the English Bulldog.
What is the best kind of dry dog food in the UK?
Here are some of the most popular types of dry dog food currently available to buy:
- Dry Dog Food for Puppies: These types of dry dog food are specially formulated for young dogs, giving plenty of calories and nutrition for puppies that are exerting lots of energy and constantly growing.
- Dry Dog Food for Adults: A standard dry dog food product suitable for most adult dogs, most have a fine balance of animal and plant products, providing your dog with all its daily nutrition including sources of protein and carbs.
- Dry Dog Food for Seniors: Designed for elderly dogs, this type of dry feed is often easier to digest and less calorie dense to cater to older dogs with less of an appetite and aged-related dietary requirements.
Top 10 list of dry dog foods in the UK (October 2020)
This top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their dry dog foods rank and which dog food is the best.
- Contains nutrition for your dog
- Contains protein for your dog
- Complete food for working dogs
- Contains a blend of vitamins C, E minerals and natural plant derived antioxidants…
- Contains antioxidant vitamin C to help support healthy gums and essential minerals…
- Contains a blend of the mineral zinc and omega 3 oils to promote a healthy supple…
- Formulated by a leading canine nutritionist, delicious chicken is naturally hypoallergenic…
- The diet includes taurine and carnitine which helps to keep hearts healthy while…
- The diet is wheat gluten and soya free making the diet a good option for dogs with…
- Yucca to help reduce unpleasant odours from flatulence
- Balanced ratio of Omega 6 and 3 fats for a glossy coat
- Citrus extracts and added vitamins help support a healthy immune system
- High proportion of chicken ingredients – a total of 45% meaning lower levels…
- Moderately energy dense
- Easily digested
- UK MADE FOR OVER 140 YEARS — we’ve been creating premium dog food blends…
- FEEDING GUIDE — serve dry or with water or gravy as preferred. When feeding…
- HEALTHY SKIN, JOINTS & COAT — our balanced formula contains yucca extract…
- Updated Product Design
- Please note product packaging may vary
- Lily's Kitchen make this recipe using wholesome vegetables, fruits and botanical…
- Specifically for small breed dogs
- Gentle on your dog's digestion
- Full of natural goodness
- With quality protein to help maintain body condition
- Vitamin D and minerals for healthy teeth and strong bones
- With natural chicory to help support healthy digestion
- Grain free formulas with chicken as the first ingredient, made with a blend of white…
- No artificial colours or flavours, no diary, no added wheat and no soya
- With Omega 6 and 3 fatty acids, citrus antioxidants, nutrient rich kelp and yucca…
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a dry dog food test. Last Update 2020/10/20 17:24. o'clock.
Other reviews related to dog foods
Recommended Video about the best dry dog foods