Review10Best compares the best dry dog foods in the UK and selects the one by HARRINGTONS as the best dog food. In a dry dog food buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different dog foods and see a recommendation on which dry dog food to buy in the UK in 2022. By considering the top list of dog foods, you can find the best dry dog foods and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate dry dog food buying guide
- View the dry dog food picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to dog foods
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Pet owners always want the best dog food, yet with so many options available knowing which one to choose can be difficult. Dry dog food is one of the most widely sold foods for dogs and is a great choice for most pets, although it’s important that you choose a quality dog food to get the most value for money.
Check out this buying guide for all the information you need to find the best dry dog food for your four-legged friend:
What are dry dog foods?
Dry dog food, also known as kibble, is a pet food formulated for dogs that closely resembles small biscuits. Unlike wet dog food which uses fresh meat as the main ingredient, dry dog foods are made from various ingredients and are very energy-dense, offering a nutritionally packed meal for much less than your average canned dog food.
Why should you buy a good dry dog food?
The best dry dog foods offer many advantages, namely being very affordable while offering all the daily nutrition for your pet. Due to the harder texture of the food, your dog’s dental hygiene also improves with dried dog food, while the energy-dense feed ensures your pet has plenty of energy to get them through the day.
Plus, with countless well-known dog food brands and types to choose from, like dehydrated, air-dried or freeze-dried, it’s easy to find a great dry dog food that caters to your budget and your pet’s tastes!
How to choose the right dry dog food?
Struggling to find the best dry dog food? Here are some things to look out for:
- Ingredients: Always check the ingredients of dog food to ensure it has everything your dog needs. While dry dog food has less fresh meat, look for meat substances like bone meal or meat meal, while also looking for plant-based substances to bring some balance to their meals. Also, avoid foods with ingredients like artificial preservatives and flavourings.
- Dog Age: Dogs’ dietary needs change over time, so always consider the age of your pet and choose suitable dry food for him. For instance, puppies need foods with lots of calories due to all the energy they use, senior dogs need much less dense food, while adults need something in the middle.
- Size and Breed: Much like age, a dog’s size and breed influence its dietary needs, so be sure to think about this before you buy. For example, smaller dogs need far less nutritionally dense food than large and medium-sized dogs, while highly active breeds like border collies and German Shepherds will need much denser food than lazier breeds like the English Bulldog.
What is the best kind of dry dog food in the UK?
Here are some of the most popular types of dry dog food currently available to buy:
- Dry Dog Food for Puppies: These types of dry dog food are specially formulated for young dogs, giving plenty of calories and nutrition for puppies that are exerting lots of energy and constantly growing.
- Dry Dog Food for Adults: A standard dry dog food product suitable for most adult dogs, most have a fine balance of animal and plant products, providing your dog with all its daily nutrition including sources of protein and carbs.
- Dry Dog Food for Seniors: Designed for elderly dogs, this type of dry feed is often easier to digest and less calorie dense to cater to older dogs with less of an appetite and aged-related dietary requirements.
Top 10 list of dry dog foods in the UK (May 2022)
The bestseller list compares brands and their dry dog foods. Which dog food is the best?
- No artificial colours or flavours
- Citrus antioxidants
- Reduces flatulent odours
- Contains a blend of vitamins C, E minerals and natural plant derived antioxidants…
- Contains antioxidant vitamin C to help support healthy gums and essential minerals…
- Contains a blend of the mineral zinc and omega 3 oils to promote a healthy supple…
- ACTIVE DOGS - Field & Trial Chicken & Rice is a complete food specially developed…
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS - Skinner’s does not add any artificial colouring, flavours…
- NUTRITIONALLY COMPLETE - Skinner’s Field & Trial now offers a range of…
- Natural ingredients with no added sugar
- Prebiotics encourage the growth of good bacteria in your dog's digestive system,…
- Contains glucosamine and chondroitin are wonderful for your dog’s joints, helping…
- Made with highly digestible ingredients to help support healthy digestion
- Biotin and zinc to support skin and coat health
- Fortified with calcium and minerals to support healthy teeth and bones
- 5. MADE IN THE UK – Harringtons dog food is proudly made by ourselves right…
- 4. CARING FOR THE ENVIRONMENT - As part of our efforts to keep packaging to a minimum…
- 3. NO NASTIES - The #1 ingredient in our dry dog food is meat, for a nutritionally…
- Vegetable dietary fibre maintains healthy digestion
- Cooked cereals provide carbohydrates for energy
- A blend of carefully selected proteins provide amino acids for muscle development…
- 5. MADE IN UK - Wagg dry dog food is proudly made right here in the UK.
- 4. IMMUNE SUPPORT - Added Vitamin E to help support your dog's immune system.
- 3. ALL NATURAL - We do not add any artifical flavours or colourings to our Wheat…
- Natural ingredients with no added sugar
- We’ve balanced the omega 3 and 6 in this recipe to help your dog’s skin…
- This is our lowest fat recipe, with added L-carnitine to support the breakdown of…
- Dog food lovingly developed with vets and over 70 years experience
- Crunchy kibbles and tailored mineral levels for healthy teeth
- Antioxidant blend with Vitamin E to help support the immune system of your dog
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best dog foods, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a dry dog food test. Last Update: 2022/05/18.
Other reviews related to dog foods