Review10Best looks at the best electric guitars in the UK and selects the one by Display4top as the best guitar. In a electric guitar buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different guitars and see a recommendation on which electric guitar to buy in the UK in 2020. By considering the top list of guitars, you can find the best electric guitars and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate electric guitar buying guide
- View the electric guitar picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to guitars
- Watch recommended videos about electric guitars
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
The best electric guitars offer exceptional performance time and time again. While it’s easy to assume you need to pay above and beyond for a high-quality electric guitar, there are many models available for reasonable prices that play well and produce a wonderful sound.
However, choosing the best electric guitar is never easy given the sheer amount of options out there. Most of it depends on the individual, but check out the buying guide below for how to choose the right electric guitar:
What are electric guitars?
An electric guitar is a variation of the traditional six string guitar. Using pickups to convert vibrations from plucking and strumming the strings into electric signals, electric guitars play audio back through a guitar ample. This allows the guitar to be adjusted to create a variety of sounds and effects, making it suitable for various styles of music from rock and roll to jazz.
Why should you buy a good electric guitar?
An electric guitar is a fantastic instrument to play, offering hours of enjoyment whether playing yourself or with others. Playing music is one the great pleasures in life and learning to play an instrument such as the electric guitar has various benefits, including reducing stress, keeping you focused, and increasing mental stimulation.
Plus, many people learning guitar find it easier to start on an electric guitar as the strings aren’t as tough as those of an acoustic.
How to choose the right electric guitar?
Choosing the best electric guitar requires some careful thought and consideration to ensure you get the best model for your playing level. Here are some things to think about:
- Body Style: The body style of an electric guitar goes beyond simple aesthetics, with certain body shapes being better suited to specific music genres, but it tends to go down to personal preference. For example, a solid body guitar is robust and heavy, being the best choice for rock and roll and heavy metal, while a hollow body is more lightweight and a favourite for playing jazz.
- Pickups: This is an important feature as pickups help pick up vibrations and convert them into audio. Single-coil and humbucker are the main two pickup choices, with the former offering a sharp, clear sound while the latter produces a warmer, fuller sound. Some guitars even have a combination of pickups that allows you to switch between each type, while their positioning also impacts the sound of the pickups.
- Tonewood: The wood used in an electric guitar, known as tonewoods, impacts the overall sound it produces. Different woods produce various tones, which also varies depending on where the wood is used on the guitar (e.g. fretboard, neck, body). There are quite a few options to choose from, including alder, ash, and mahogany, so be sure to ask the salesperson or research online to see what sounds each tonewood offers.
What is the best kind of electric guitar in the UK?
There are several types of electric guitars available, all of which offer their own distinct sound and playing style.
- Solid Body Electric Guitars: Features a solid body and require an amplifier to play as there is no resonance chamber. This type is the best electric guitar for rock and rock and heavy metal music.
- Hollow Body Electric Guitars: The body of this electric guitar is hollow on the inside, although there isn’t a sound hole like hollow acoustic guitars. This type of electric guitar is great for playing jazz due to the warm mid-range sound.
- Semi-Hollow Electric Guitars: A hybrid type of electric guitar, semi-hollow guitars have a smaller hollow section than hollow body guitar. It’s an excellent electric guitar for playing folk and country music.
- Electric-Acoustic Guitars: This type of electric guitar looks almost identical to an acoustic guitar and can be played as such, while also featuring pickups for playing it through an amp.
Top 10 list of electric guitars in the UK (October 2020)
This top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their electric guitars rank and which guitar is the best.
- Everything you need to start playing, High Quality Basswood Maple Body, S-S-S pickups,…
- Five-way pickup selector switch, three single coil pickups, two tone controls, and…
- Comes with a nylon carrying case perfect for traveling musicians and easy storage.Made…
- Comes with 3W MINI electric guitar amplifier, gig bag, guitar strap, guitar capo,…
- The electric guitar features a pick up selector switch, a volume knob, and two different…
- Ebony fingerboard, Canadian maple neck, Solid basswood body, S-S-H pickups, One-way…
- Guitar bag for travel use
- Digital clip-on guitar tuner with color lcd screen
- 20 watt amplifier with overdrive boost function and headphone output with guitar…
- Spare strings and guitar plectrums to complete the package.
- Guitar strap to accommodate different playing styles.
- Guitar bag for easy portability and protection.
- Includes A Strap, Spare Strings, Plectrums AND A Free Case!
- Features A Bolt On Neck, High Quality Basswood Maple Body, Chrome Hardware, Beautiful…
- Three Single-Coil Humbucker Pickups
- PRODUCT SERVICE -If there is any questions please feel free to contact with us, our…
- GUITAR DIMENSIONS - 36(L)x15(W)x102.6(H)cm, perfect for traveling musicians and easy…
- AMP - It includes guitar and microphone outlet, volume control, treble and base control,…
- Amp powered by 9 V battery (not included)
- Pack includes: 30 Inch guitar, mini amplifier with cable, strap, picks and gigba…
- Tremolo arm, 5-way pick up selector, volume and 2 x tone controls
- Select laminate tone wood body with rosewood fingerboard and maple neck
- 10-watt practice amplifier with volume, treble and bass controls, as well as overdrive…
- Items delivered: 1 x GSA60 Full Size 6-String Electric Guitar with Tremolo in 'Walnut…
- Ideal for beginner & intermediate / Ibanez design every guitar, affordable or…
- Style & Substance: Ibanez classic styling w/ Chrome Hardware. Stable and reliable…
- Case - not included
- All hardware is included including necessary screws, etc
- Fingerboard - Indian Laurel
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a electric guitar test. Last Update 2020/10/27 14:06. o'clock.
Other reviews related to guitars
Recommended Video about the best electric guitars