Review10Best compares the best energy drinks in the UK and nominates the one from Bulldog Power Ltd. as the best energy drink. In our energy drinks review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different energy drinks and follow our recommendation on which energy drink to buy in the UK in 2019. With the energy drink comparison, you can be sure to buy the best energy drink on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate energy drink buying guide
- View our energy drink picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about energy drinks
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Energy drinks have become massively popular in recent years, offering consumers the chance to increase their energy levels to get them through the day. With so many different beverages to choose from, finding the best energy drink isn’t the easiest, especially if you’ve never tried one before.
Looking for the best energy drink but don’t know what’s worth buying? Check out the handy guide below for all the info you need:
What are energy drinks?
An energy drink is a beverage that contains a variety of natural stimulants, namely caffeine, that offer mental and physical stimulation. Available as carbonated and non-carbonated beverages, energy drinks come in countless flavours and feature a wide range of ingredients that can help provide you with energy.
Why should you buy a good energy drink?
Energy drinks can help boost your energy levels by providing high caffeine and sugar content. This makes them handy for people that are feeling tired from a lack of sleep, as the energy provided can make it easier to focus on things. While their high caffeine can be dangerous when drunk in high amounts, the best energy drinks offer a refreshing beverage that makes you feel more alert and less tired.
How to choose the right energy drink?
Choosing the best energy drink tends to boil down to person preferences. Like soft drinks, there are many types of energy drinks to choose from, so it’s often a case of finding something that tastes nice. Here are some things to consider when looking to buy an energy drink:
- Taste: An obvious factor to consider, make sure the drink you buy has an appealing taste to it, and avoid anything if you’re unsure of how it will taste. Most energy drinks come with distinct flavours, so it should be easy enough to find a flavour you are familiar with.
- Caffeine Content: The more caffeine in an energy drink, the more energy it provides. However, be mindful that drinking too much caffeine can have negative effects on the mind and body, so always make sure you never exceed the daily recommendation of 400mg from energy drinks.
- Sugar: Energy drinks feature high sugar content too, so you may want to look for sugar-free options if you are mindful of consuming too much sugar. This can also be bad for your health, so it’s always worth checking how much sugar content is in an energy drink before you buy it.
What is the best kind of energy drink in the UK?
There are countless energy drinks to choose from, although they tend to be one of the following types:
- Carbonated Energy Drinks: The most recognisable energy drinks, they come in many flavours and use an abundance of ingredients, although all feature high caffeine and sugar content (unless they are sugar free.) Tend to be sold in cans of varying sizes, although many are sold in bottles too.
- Energy Shots: A much more concentrated type of energy drink, they feature less volume but the same caffeine as larger cans or bottles. They are intended to be drunk in a single shot to gain a quick and powerful energy boost.
- Relaxation Drinks: An emerging product that does the opposite of a traditional energy drink, they are designed to make it easier to relax, featuring calming ingredients along with a range of active ingredients.
Top 10 list of energy drinks in the UK (August 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their energy drinks rank and which energy drink is the best.
- Carbonated mixed fruit flavour drink with taurine, caffeine and B vitamins.
- Warrior Energy Drinks formula contains high quality ingredients: Caffeine, Taurine,…
- Warrior Energy cans are made of 100% recyclable aluminium
- Caffeine helps improve alertness
- Blueberry, pomegranate and acai energy drink with added taurine, caffeine, guarana,…
- Perfect for party time
- Ideal combo of the right ingredients in the right proportion
- Includes ginseng and B vitamins
- Quantity: 1
- Emerge Regular Energy Drink Multipack 24 x 250ml
- Serve cold for maximum refreshment.
- Zero sugar and zero calories
- A little less sweet and lighter-tasting energy drink
- WE DONATE 5% OF OUR PROFITS - Mother Nature blessed us with all of the powerful ingredients…
- VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE - inspired by the naturally energising brew of the Sherpa's,…
- ONLY 48 CALORIES PER CAN - And with no artificial sweeteners or additives -…
- High in sodium to promote hydration
- 36 g of carbohydrate per 500 ml serving
- Maintain endurance performance and protect against cramp
- Contains caffeine and taurine
- No artificial colours or preservatives
- 5 vitamins
- Warrior Energy Drink cans are made of 100% recyclable aluminium
- Great value- 24 cans in a pack. Perfect standalone drink or mixer
- Carbonated mixed fruit flavour drink with taurine, caffeine and B-group vitamins
- Sugar Free, Amino Acids, Taurine
i,ii Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/08/21 10:48 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program (case i) and Kelkoo Associates Program (case ii), a affiliate advertising programs that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon and other merchants. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best energy drinks