Review10Best compares the best espresso machines in the UK and nominates the one from DeLonghi as the best espresso machine. In our espresso machines review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different espresso machines and follow our recommendation on which espresso machine to buy in the UK in 2019. With the espresso machine comparison, you can be sure to buy the best espresso machine on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate espresso machine buying guide
- View our espresso machine picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about espresso machines
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
For coffee lovers, investing in high-quality coffee brewing equipment is worth every penny to get that amazing cup of coffee at home. When it comes to coffee machines, the best is unquestionably the espresso machine. If you are looking to find the best espresso machine possible for your home but are unsure of how to choose the right product, take a look at some helpful information in the following guide.
What are espresso machines?
An espresso machine is a piece of coffee brewing equipment that combines pressurized hot water with ground coffee beans, filtering the two to create a concentrated coffee beverage known as an espresso. The best espresso machines offer incredible results, producing the same high-quality coffee sold in coffee shops, cafes, and restaurants. Available for home use, espresso machines allow users to produce a range of gourmet coffee beverages including espressos, cappuccinos, and lattes.
Why should you buy a good espresso machine?
Simply put, the best espresso machines produce the best-tasting coffee around. The standard of coffee produced is very comparable with sold in coffee shops, so anyone that enjoys a quality cup of coffee daily will certainly appreciate an espresso machine at home.
How to choose the right espresso machine?
With so many great options available, finding the best espresso machine for your needs is often easier said than done. However, with a bit of knowledge and understanding of what features and factors will suit you best, finding a great espresso machine is much easier:
- Ease of Use: Even the best espresso machines can be difficult to use, so be sure to consider this when choosing a model. Baristas require training in order to use high-quality espresso machines, so if you don’t want to dedicate the time and effort needed to learn this yourself, you may want to go for a machine that is easier to operate.
- Size: An espresso machine isn’t the smallest appliance you will own, so bear this in mind when browsing. The machine will remain on display, usually on a countertop, so be sure that the machine is the right size for free space you have. Thankfully, espresso machines come in many sizes, so finding the perfect size for your kitchen should be possible.
- Budget: here is no escaping the fact that the best espresso machines will cost a fair amount of money. This is understandable when you consider that this is a complex piece of machinery that produces high-quality coffee beverages, but it is still worth remembering. While there are affordable espresso machines, you will struggle to find cheap options for those operating on a tight budget. You are paying for quality though, and a great espresso machine will last many years.
What is the best kind of espresso machine in the UK?
There are a few types of espresso machines currently available, with each one offering a set of advantages that will appeal to different buyers.
While they all perform the same outcome of making an espresso coffee, there
- Single Boiler Espresso Machine: The main component of an espresso machine is the boiler, as this is what provides the hot water and steam needed to make coffee and heat milk which is needed for drinks such as a latte, cappuccino and mocha. Single boiler espresso machines have one boiler, meaning you need to produce the coffee and milk separately, and they also tend to be filled with water rather than connected to a supply. These features help to make it one of the most affordable types of espresso machines.
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machine: This is a better espresso machine for simultaneously heating milk and brewing coffee thanks to the two boilers dedicated to each. As a higher quality type of espresso machine, dual boilers tend to come with more bells and whistles, not to mention a very attractive design. Of course, the standard coffee produced remains exceptionally high, but as this is a high-end model the price is also much higher.
Top 10 list of espresso machines in the UK (July 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their espresso machines rank and which espresso machine is the best.
- Three filters including a single, double and ESE compatible filter
- Hot water delivery for Americanos or herbal tea
- Adjustable milk frothing steam device for frothy cappuccino and silky smooth lat…
- Coffee tamper helps you seal the coffee before brewing for maximum flavour extra…
- Choice of one or two-cup filter lets you control the strength
- Steam nozzle for indulgently frothy milk
- Easily adjustable steam wand for texturing milk
- Low pressure pre infusion gradually increases to provide an even extraction
- Integrated stainless steel water coil accurately controls water temperature
- With over 250 years of British design and innovation, Salter continue to make great…
- With a high quality stainless steel finish and a black exterior the machine is designed…
- Incredibly versatile for any occasion this machine can make latte, espresso, cappuccino…
- Steam wand & milk frother
- Simple controls
- 15-bar pressure
- Warranty; The espresso coffee machine has a 2-year warranty
- Easy to use espresso coffee machine; With just the turn of a button you can make…
- Milk froth arm; Use the steam wand to create hot, frothy milk, perfect for cappuccinos…
- 2 Year Warranty, Offering top-end technology and retro styling for the style-conscious…
- High Performance 15 Bars of pressure and self-priming system means it's always ready…
- Keeping it steaming with the steam pressure control feature so the froth is just…
- [Note] Package includes Milk Jug with Temperature Control features
- [Troubleshoot] Kindly note that the new packaging for this item is very similar to…
- Warranty - 2 Year Repair, Replace or Refund Guarantee
- Two year guarantee
- Pods available in supermarkets and online
- Easy to use and clean. Rated voltage/Frequency (volt~Hz): 220/240~50/60
- DIMENSIONS - W20CM x D32CM x H33CM / W8" x D12.5" x H13" (approx)
- TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS - 800W Power, 230V/50Hz Power Supply, GS/CE/EMC/RoHS certified,…
- STYLISH, SIMPLE AND SAFE - With its Sturdy Stainless Steel Construction and Choice…
i,ii Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/07/15 11:47. o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program (case i) and Kelkoo Associates Program (case ii), a affiliate advertising programs that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon and other merchants. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best espresso machines