Review10Best compares the best exercise bikes in the UK and nominates the one from Ultrafit as the best exercise bike. In our exercise bikes review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different exercise bikes and follow our recommendation on which exercise bike to buy in the UK in 2019. With the exercise bike comparison, you can be sure to buy the best exercise bike on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate exercise bike buying guide
- View our exercise bike picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about exercise bikes
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
The best exercise bikes are easy to use and offer an effective way to exercise from home. However, with so many options available, choosing the right exercise bike often requires some research to ensure you get exactly what you need.
Check out the buying guide below for how to choose the best exercise bike:
What are exercise bikes?
An exercise bike is a type of stationary bicycle used for exercising. It features a saddle, seat, and pedals like a standard bicycle, allowing users to exercise like they were riding a bike from a stationary position.
Why should you buy a good exercise bike?
An exercise bike is one of the best exercise machines available. Easy to use and relatively low impact, it allows users to exercise from the comfort of home, providing a quality cardio workout that can help lose weight and improve fitness.
Plus, with a good exercise bike at home, you aren’t limited to when or where you can use it like with a bicycle, and it’s generally a cheaper investment than a gym membership. As they quite easy to use, an exercise bike is a great piece of equipment for slowly building fitness, so anyone that’s looking to get into shape can greatly benefit from using an exercise bike.
How to choose the right exercise bike?
Choosing the best exercise bike depends mostly on the individual, so it helps to consider some of the following things to ensure you get the best machine for your own needs.
- Space: Like any home exercise equipment, an exercise bike will take up a fair amount of space, so make sure you have enough room to store it. Those short on space may want to invest in a more compact machine, with foldable designs being a good option for saving space.
- Resistance: This is an important feature to consider, with resistance coming from magnets or friction inside the bike. Magnet resistance isn’t as common but are better for pre-set programs as they can be judged using the internal computer device, while friction resistance is a more basic function that needs to be manually adjusted. However, friction resistance is much cheaper than magnetic versions.
- Weight Capacity: Without a suitable weight capacity an exercise bike becomes unstable and difficult to reach. When buying an exercise bike online be sure to check the weight capacity to ensure it supports your weight.
- Pre-Set Programs: Some of the best exercise bikes feature pre-set programs on internal computers. These offer more diverse workouts, real-time statistics, and some even play music. While a costlier addition, it may be worth investing in as the programs are effective and quite helpful.
What is the best kind of exercise bike in the UK?
There are several options when it comes to types of exercise bikes currently available. Any of the following may be a great exercise bike for your needs:
- Upright Exercise Bike: Upright exercise bikes are the most common type available, closely resembling a bicycle in an upright position. It usually tilts the body slightly forwards, and handles are generally higher compared to a normal bike, making it comfortable and easy to use.
- Recumbent Exercise Bike: This type of exercise bike is much lower in height and sits the user in back-leaning position. There is a padded seat that also comes with a backrest, making them very comfortable to use for long periods as the body is more relaxed. Their design makes them fantastic for anyone with back pains, although they mostly exercise the lower body so may not be the best for intense exercise.
- Indoor Cycling: Very similar looking to an upright bike, indoor cycling exercise bikes are the best choice for fitness enthusiasts, offering the most intense workouts. Known as spin bikes, they are designed to closely mimic the motion of riding a bicycle, working the most muscles out of any type of exercise bike. However, they are often less comfortable, and the flywheel design means the pedals continue to move even when you stop moving, which can take some getting use to.
Top 10 list of exercise bikes in the UK (February 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their exercise bikes rank and which exercise bike is the best.
- Effective muscle and endurance training - max. user weight of up to approx. 100…
- Training computer with LCD display, Functions: Time / scan / calories / speed / distance…
- Robust stamina builder for effective muscle build-up using 8 resistance levels
- Available with or without backrest - maximum user weight of up to approximate 100…
- Modern, battery-operated LCD display (functions: Time, calories, speed, distance,…
- The cardiovascular system and muscles are strengthened through the eight resistance…
- 130KG Max User Weight.
- On board LCD computer displaying speed, time, distance, pulse & calories - Heart…
- Fitted with 3 Piece Crank System & Direct Chain Drive System. Comfortable pedalling…
- Size: Length=87cm (34.2"), Width=52cm (20.5"), Height=135cm (53.1"); Warranty: 2…
- Heart Rate Measurement: Pulse Grip Sensors+Wireless Receiver (Chest Strap Option…
- Programmes: Manual, 12 Pre-Set Programmes + User Mode, Target HR Mode and Watt Mode…
- Easily monitor your time, speed, distance and calories on the super bright LCD d…
- Footstraps ensure your feet stay on the pedals and are adjustable to fit different…
- The handlebars and seatpost are fully adjustable to suit any height and ensure a…
- Maximum user weight is 130kg.
- 12 Months home use warranty only, ROHS CE compliance.
- Large 7-Function monitor displays: time, speed, distance, calories, pulse, RPM and…
- Warranty (Home Use) is 12 Months. Maximum User Weight is 100KG.
- Adjustable Handlebars can Rotate 360 Degree and up to 7-Levels of Adjustable Seat…
- LCD Monitor: Time, Speed, Distance, Calories, Odometer and Pulse. Heart Rate Inbuilt…
- Maximum weight 120 kg
- Digital Signage display provides key workout information including speed, time, distance,…
- Robust stamina builder for effective muscle build-up using 8 resistance level
- Maximum User Weight is 100KG.
- Maximum Seat Height 98cm. Minimum Seat Height 77cm. Measurement is taken from the…
- Adjustable handlebars can rotate 360 degree and up to 7-levels of adjustable seat…
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/02/18 02:10 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best exercise bikes