Review10Best compares the best eyeliners in the UK and selects the one by Maybelline as the best eyeliner. In a eyeliner buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different eyeliners and see a recommendation on which eyeliner to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of eyeliners, you can find the best eyeliners and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate eyeliner buying guide
- View the eyeliner picks and see how they rank in the top list
- More about eyeliners on the web
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Nothing defines and shapes the eyes of a lady more like good eyeliners. Be it for casual outings or more formal occasions, there is always the right eyeliner to give your eyes that great look that they deserve. Eyeliners come in different types to fit the different skin types. You will find tips on how to choose the best eyeliner to suit your skin type.
What are eyeliners?
Eyeliners are makeups worn around the eyes especially on the lashes. They shape and define the eyes, giving them very good looks. Applying the right kind of eyeliners in the right way can give your eyes the best look for any kind of occasion or event you wish to attend, irrespective of the look we decide on, whether it is a casual outing or a more formal one. They come in different forms like powder, liquid and gel forms. Go through the list of guides provide below to help you make the perfect choice on which of these forms will be best at any time.
Why should you buy a good eyeliner?
Whichever way you would love to use them, to add more colors around the eyes, to make the eyes appear smaller or bigger, rounder or flatter, you can always count on the best eyeliners to do the dazzling trick. Using the right eyeliner gives the eye firm line and accentuates the impression of a more charming eye. This in turn will make the face look fresher and more attractive. It is arguably a must in every ladies’ makeup.
How to choose the right eyeliner?
Choosing the best eyeliner for you is as important as getting one. Different eyeliners do have their different effect on the overall appearance of the eye. You can count on the following tips to help you get the best eyeliner for your eyes easily:
- Smudging: Make sure you go for eyeliners that will not smudge so easily. You won’t want your eyes to be messed up unexpectedly right in the middle of a party, or a meeting, or an occasion.
- Skin Type: You need to know your skin type before choosing any eyeliner. If you are having an oily skin type then you should avoid using liquid eyeliners only. You can apply the liquid eyeliner along with some powder eyeliners to absorb so of the grease that will ooze out of your skin but using the pencil eyeliner and powder eyeliner will be best for you. Others with normal skin type or dry skin type may use any kind of eyeliners they may choose to.
- The Occasion: Choose your eyeliner based on the occasion. Pencil eyeliners are best for casual outings. The liquid eyeliners would do for formal events.
What is the best kind of eyeliner in the UK?
Below are quick guides to help you decide on what type of eyeliner to buy:
- Liquid Eyeliners: Liquid eyeliners are best for ladies with flawless skin or those who can create one with foundation and concealer! This type usually accentuates the eyelashes with pointed edges and sharp strokes. It’s great for formal occasions and not for casual outings. Although it is arguably the best kind of eyeliners, you will need a great deal of dexterity to apply them perfectly because, unlike other types that can be rubbed off easily, these ones require a special formula to rob them off, so every mistake will be a nightmare.
- Pencil Eyeliner: They are the most common type of eyeliners. Although they are not long lasting, pencil eyeliners are quite cheap and easier to apply than the other types of makeups, plus they can be removed easily. Unlike the liquid and gel eyeliner, the pencil liner cannot produce sharp strokes and thus, cannot be used to create the cat eye effect.
- Gel Eyeliner: Gel eyeliners are in between the liquid and pencil eyeliners and offer the same benefits that both offers. They last long too but are a bit expensive to maintain. They can be worn for both casual and formal events.
- Powder Eyeliner: This eyeliner allows you to apply different colors to around your eyes. You can damp the bristles of a thin angled brush and dip it into any color of your preferred eye shadow. Like the pencil eyeliner, the powder eyeliners cannot produce sharp strokes too.
- Gel Pencil Eyeliner: Gel pencils appear to have a darker and sharper effect than any other type of eyeliners. They can produce the sharp stroke too like their gel counterparts. Although they seem to be more expensive, they are easier to use than the liquid and gel eyeliners.
Top 10 list of eyeliners in the UK (January 2021)
The top 10 list shows how brands and their eyeliners compare. Which eyeliner is the best?
- No mess or excess
- Ultra-thin 0.4 mm brush supplies smooth, even lines
- Never skips
- Dermatologist and ophthalmologist tested
- Smudge-proof long wear formula up to 12 hours wear
- Soft and blendable formula for an easy Smokey look
- Provides long lasting lines
- Soft nib applicator
- Precision liquid eyeliner
- Waterproof formula for ideal look in changing conditions
- Ideally safe and dermatologically and ophthalmologically tested
- Smudge-proof, flake-proof, smear-proof and run-proof features for long-lasting e…
- Vitamin C and E for moisturising application
- Soft texture for subtle blending
- Waterproof for long-lasting wear
- Spring cap keeps the formula fresh
- Ink technology keeps pigments super-saturated
- Experience the new generation of liquid liner
- Contents: 1 x NYX Professional Makeup Matte Liquid Liner, Black, 2 ml
- Smooth and effortless application, Vegan formula
- Fine and precise brush tip for ultra-thin lines, ideal for defined liquid lines and…
- Contents: 1 x NYX Professional Makeup Epic Ink Liner, Black
- Highly pigmented and waterproof for rich, longwearing colour, Smooth and effortless…
- Slender and supple brush tip for precise application, Draw thin or thick lines by…
- Dermatologist and ophthalmologist tested
- Long lasting formula up to 16 hours
- Smudge-proof, flake-proof, smear-proof and run-proof
- Cruelty-free, vegan and 100% free from Phthalates, Parabens, Nonylphenol, Ethoxylates,…
- Use with waterproof mascara and smudge proof eyeshadow for a complete long lasting…
- Using the tip of the smudge proof eyeliner, draw from the inner to the outer eye…
* Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a eyeliner test. Last Update 2021/01/18 04:30 o'clock.
Further resources about eyeliners
- Drugstore Eyeliners | BuzzFeed: I Tried A Bunch Of Drugstore Eyeliners And Found A New Favorite. (source: www.buzzfeed.com)
- The Best Eyeliners for Oily Lids | Byrdie: Try these editor-approved smudge-proof picks. (source: www.byrdie.com)
- Best Eyeliner Pencils | ELLE: 8 Eyeliner Pencils ELLE Editors Know and Trust. (source: www.elle.com)