Best fabric softener UK
Which is the best fabric softener 2023?VIEW OFFER
The 10 best fabric softeners to buy in the UK
The top 10 list of the best fabric softeners lists various brands and prices
Review10Best compares the best fabric softeners in the UK and selects the one by Ecover as the best fabric softener. In a fabric softener buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different fabric softeners and see a recommendation on which fabric softener to buy in the UK in 2023. By considering the top list of fabric softeners, you can find the best fabric softeners and save time shopping online.
- Read the ultimate fabric softener buying guide
- View the fabric softener picks and see how they rank in the top list
Best fabric softeners: A complete buying guide
All you need to know before buying a great fabric softener
Finding the best fabric softener is always worthwhile, leaving your clothes and other fabrics feeling soft and fluffy. However, it is important to choose a good fabric softener that is suitable for your needs and preferences, which is easier said than done when there are so many products to choose from. To help find the best fabric softeners, be sure to check out the below buying guide. It covers all the information that you need to know to find the right fabric softener for your needs, including how to choose a great softener and what options are available.
What are fabric softeners?
A fabric softener is a fabric conditioner used on clothes and fabrics being cleaned in a washing machine. Applied alongside a good laundry detergent, the fabric softener coats clothes with a thin layer that helps to maintain softness by allowing the materials to keep their shape while being washed. By reducing friction, clothes remain much softer and better maintain their original shape.
Why should you buy a good fabric softener?
The best fabric softeners leave your clothes, sheets, and other fabrics feeling softer for longer. Simply add a small amount with every wash and you can expect fabrics to better maintain their original shape, helping to stay softer for much longer, which also makes them easier to iron.
How to choose the right fabric softener?
Choosing the best fabric softener is difficult when there are so many options to choose from, so here are some things to think about that can narrow your search down:
- Skin Sensitivity: Fabric softeners contain ingredients that linger on clothes after they are washed, and these may cause a reaction to sensitive skin. If you have issues with your skin, be extra careful when choosing a softener, looking for softeners that are hypoallergenic or irritant-free. This is also recommended when used on baby clothing.
- Size: Check the size of the fabric softener and compare this to the price, as it gives a rough idea of the cost per load. The bigger the fabric softener the more you usually save, with bulk buys and multi-buys being a great way to get more fabric softener for a better price. Also, consider how many people are using the softener, as a small bottle may be fine for one or two people households, while large families may need more volume.
- Fragrance: One of the big selling points for fabric softeners is they provide a nice fragrance to the clothes. This is especially appealing if your detergent leaves a strong soapy or artificial smell, in which case a great fabric softener can leave clothes feeling much fresher. Always check the fragrances to see if it is something you will like, as the last thing you want is for your clothes to have a smell that you hate.
What is the best kind of fabric softener in the UK?
There are three options for softening your fabric:
- Dryer Sheets: Dryer sheets are small sheets that are placed on top of the laundry before it is washed. They are not as effective as other types but do provide an affordable way to remove some static and keep clothes feeling softer.
- Liquid Fabric Softeners: The best fabric softener in terms of softening and removing static, although it is also the most expensive type. This type is available in many fragrances and can come with other properties, such as maintaining fabric colour or being hypoallergenic.
- Dryer Balls: Dryer balls are placed inside the machine before tumble drying and do a decent job of softening clothes. It is also reusable and uses no artificial ingredients, making it better for the environment.
Top 10 list of fabric softeners in the UK (June 2023)
The bestseller list compares brands and their fabric softeners. Which fabric softener is the best?
- Plant-based and mineral ingredients
- Large 5L refill uses 27% less plastic
- Our fabric softener softens and cares for you clothes, without using palm oil
- 100 percantage recycled plastic (PCR)
- 45 washes
- Apple + citrus cosy up with floral + musky notes for a sublime scent
- Recyclable Packaging: At Asevi, we care about our impact, which is why we are proud…
- Super-Scented Formula: Leaving your clothes with an intense, long lasting clean and…
- Unbeatable Softness: Asevi fabric softeners leave your clothes beautifully soft,…
- Note-Needs to be stored between 5- 25 degree C
- Regular use promotes fast drying clothes and makes your clothes easier to iron. Use…
- Softens fabric fibres to leave clothes feeling soft and gentle on your skin
- WITH PLANT BASED SOFTNESS (80 Percent of ingredients contributing to FAIRY’s…
- Try Fairy sensitive dream team: Fairy non-bio PODS for a gentle clean and Fairy Outdoorable…
- Fabric Conditioner that lets you experience the freshness of drying outside, even…
- A smart green clean with Ecozone: Created by families for families. Environmentally…
- The power of plants: The pure, natural ingredients keep textile fibres smoother,…
- Cruelty free, gentle vegan-friendly formula: Approved by PETA and not tested on animals.…
- 50 wash
- Apple blossom and almond
- Bottle made from recycled and plant plastic
- Bottle with 25% of recycled PET
- Use alongside Presto! laundry detergent in every wash to give clothes softness and…
- Fragrance release technology on dry clothes
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best fabric softeners, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a fabric softener test. Last Update: 2023/06/08.