Review10Best compares the best face moisturizers in the UK and selects the one by Neutrogena as the best moisturizer. In a face moisturizer buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different moisturizers and see a recommendation on which face moisturizer to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of moisturizers, you can find the best face moisturizers and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate face moisturizer buying guide
- View the face moisturizer picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Your face gets the attention first, and most of it too. This is why you should give special attention to the face, making sure that it stays healthy always. Getting and properly applying the best face moisturizer is a huge step towards having and maintaining a fresh and healthy face. This is because face moisturizers often come with anti-ageing agents that will keep you looking young, and shadow wrinkles on your face.
What are face moisturizers?
Face moisturizers are basically lotions or creams applied to face to keep it hydrated, soft and smooth. The best face moisturizers will also revitalize rough spots on your face as well as give you a good feel and smell without causing any irritation on your face. Face moisturizers come in three major forms- cream, lotion, and ointment. Some of the best moisturizers also come with ingredients that will hide acne and act as a layer of protection to your skin.
Why should you buy a good face moisturizer?
Face moisturizer is the way to go if you want to keep your face moisturized and healthy. They serve a number of good functions, and that makes them a vital part of your cosmetics. Face moisturizers help to rehydrate your skin and keep it moisturized when it is dry, so you do have much to worry about in dry weathers.
How to choose the right face moisturizer?
Here are a few tips to guide you when choosing the right face moisturizer:
- Skin Type: The most important to consider when you want to choose the best face moisturizer is your skin type. Different face moisturizers are cut out for different skin types, and there are no magic face moisturizers that are suitable for all skin type. So, what's your skin type, sensitive, oily or dry? Know your skin type and let that be your best guide in choosing the right face moisturizer for you.
- Weather Condition: Often overlooked but an essential factor in choosing the right face moisturizer, the weather condition of your area should also have a say in your selection. If your weather is usually humid, then gel moisturizers will be most suitable for you. Cream moisturizers are best for those who live in places with dry weather and ointment for anyone in cold areas.
- Price: Unless you love flashy and expensive things and you’ve got the money for it, you can always get an excellent face moisturizer that will suit your skin and the weather condition of your area without breaking your bank account or running into debts. The price tag of a face moisturizer doesn't really promise quality as we are more often than not persuaded to believe.
- Sensitivity: Remember to consider if your skin is allergic to any of the ingredients used to make the product, so you don't end up damaging your skin rather than giving it an excellent look. You may also find that are allergic to certain chemicals or agents, so also look out for these things before paying for the product.
- Fragrance: Sometimes, you might find the fragrance of your face moisturizer very persuading. It's safe to take the fragrance into consideration when choosing one, but should not be to the detriment of the other key factors. However nice and persuasive the fragrance of a facial moisturizer should not be too heavy so that your skin is able to breathe properly.
What is the best kind of face moisturizer in the UK?
Get the best face moisturizer for your skin and enjoy its magic. You can choose between the following types:
- Face Moisturizer for Dry Skin: Cream moisturizers contain more oil than any other form of face moisturizers. If you have a dry skin type, then be sure to go for face moisturizers in cream form. They should contain a good quality, or a combination of some or all, of any of the following ingredients: hyaluronic acid, mineral oil, glycerin or petrolatum.
- Face Moisturizer for Oily Skin: Using cream when you have an oily skin type might irritate your skin or make you less comfortable. Choose lotions over any other type of face moisturizers if you fall under this skin type.
- Face Moisturizer for Combo Skin: Don't worry - there is something for everyone.
- Face Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin: If you have observed that you’ve got a sensitive skin type, then you’ve got to avoid certain face moisturizers with acid. Look out for the constituents of the products before purchasing it.
Top 10 list of face moisturizers in the UK (January 2021)
The top 10 list shows how brands and their face moisturizers compare. Which moisturizer is the best?
- Now available in skin care UK ranges
- Hyaluronic acid and botanical trehalose lock in moisture
- Does not clog pores
- Protects Skin - Skin compatibility dermatologically approved formula helps to protect…
- Product Application - Use this hydrating face cream as a preventative against sun…
- Nourishing Formula - The especially mild formula is pH-neutral, perfume-free and…
- Refreshing light oil-free mosituriser
- For a clearer, radiant complexion
- 24 hour hydration
- HIGHLY ABSORBENT – HIGHLY POTENT: Toss away all those runny creams. Forget…
- MINIMIZE DARK SPOTS & BLEMISHES: If you are struggling with acnes, pimples, dark…
- DELUXE SKINCARE FORMULA WITH ACTIVE RETINOL: Made of high quality ingredients and…
- Dermatologically tested and suitable for sensitive skin
- Suitable for everyday usage
- Protect against the effects of external aggressions and instantly boosts the look…
- L’Oréal are removing the cellophane wrapper from the packaging of all…
- Dermatologically tested and designed for dry - sensitive skin
- The ideal base for make-up
- 283g/10oz Tub
- Dermaologist Tested
- With natural safflower seed oil
- Developed with Dermatologists
- Especially formulated to bring comfort to the skin
- Delivers moisture up to 10 layers deep in the skin*, for 24 hour moisture
- Scope of Delivery - NIVEA Q10 Power Anti-Wrinkle + Firming Day Cream SPF15, (50ml)…
- Method of Application - Apply the anti wrinkle cream daily to a cleansed face. For…
- Q10 + Creatine - The anti wrinkle cream contains 10x more creatine than Q10+ making…
* Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a face moisturizer test. Last Update 2021/01/18 12:27 o'clock.