Review10Best compares the best frying pans in the UK and selects the one by Tefal as the best frying pan. In a frying pan buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different frying pans and see a recommendation on which frying pan to buy in the UK in 2021. By considering the top list of frying pans, you can find the best frying pans and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate frying pan buying guide
- View the frying pan picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Looking for the best frying pan for cooking with but aren’t sure what to look for? Surprisingly, there are quite a few things you need to think about when buying a good frying pan, from the foods you commonly cook to how easy to clean you want them to be, which is why so many often struggle to find a great pan.
Check out this buying guide for all the info you need to find the best frying pans:
What are frying pans?
A frying pan is a cooking utensil used to fry, brown, and sear foods. It features a flat-bottomed base, low sides flaring outwards, and a long handle. Like most cookware, frying pans are available in a range of sizes and materials, the latter of which influences its suitability for certain cooking methods.
Why should you buy a good frying pan?
A good frying pan is a must-have for any kitchen. This versatile piece of cookware can be used to prepare all kinds of foods using various cooking methods, including searing, frying, browning, and sautéing.
How to choose the right frying pan?
Here are a few considerations to make to find the best frying pan for your needs:
- Material: Frying pans are available in various materials, with each one offering its advantages. For instance, cast iron is great for searing meats, stainless steel heats quickly and is versatile, while non-stick pans are affordable and easy to clean.
- Cooking Style: Think about what type of cooking methods you use most as this makes it easier to find the right pan that best accommodates this. For instance, if just need something simple and versatile for all kinds of cooking you can’t go wrong while stainless steel or non-stick pans, while meat lovers will benefit from cast iron due to its exceptional searing capabilities.
- Size: The size of the pan is important as it will influence what type of things you can cook in it. For instance, a small frying pan is great for sautéing vegetables but often lack the space for frying whole cuts meat and fish. It often helps to have various sizes to choose from to suit different cooking requirements.
What is the best kind of frying pan in the UK?
The most popular frying pans can be grouped by their materials:
- Cast Iron Frying Pans: A classic type of pan, cast iron is perfect for searing meats and retain heat for long periods, while they can also be used to finish off foods in the oven.
- Stainless Steel Frying Pans: A great all-rounder, steel pans are suitable for most cooking from browning to braising, while their low maintenance and impressive durability make them a great buy for most.
- Non-stick Frying Pans: Ideal for cooking delicate foods like eggs and vegetables, non-stick pans are the easiest type to clean and require the least amount of oil for cooking.
- Copper Frying Pans: Copper pans are very convenient thanks to their ability to quickly heat up and cook down, making it a good choice for foods that require more control over the heat.
Top 10 list of frying pans in the UK (December 2021)
The bestseller list compares brands and their frying pans. Which frying pan is the best?
- Dishwasher safe
- PTFE non-stick exterior for easy cleaning
- 20cm Frying pan and 28cm Frying pan
- BLACKMOOR HOME - Blackmoor Home is the leading manufacturer of top-quality essentials…
- NON-STICK COATING – The pan’s non-stick coating and forged aluminium…
- COOL-TOUCH HANDLE - The pan has a soft grip handle that stays cool to the touch to…
- 10 year non-stick guarantee and dishwasher safe
- Dot induction base is suitable for all hobs, including induction
- Comfortable and ergonomic soft grip, oven/grill safe up to 180°C
- Dishwasher safe, but handwash is recommended for an extended lifecycle
- The warranty on the ceramic Blue Diamond non-stick layer is for 2 years from the…
- 5x harder and 10x more durable than traditional non-stick cookware
- Thermospot technology
- Dura base technology
- Suitable for gas and electric hobs
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Color: Stainless Steel
- Number of items: 1.0
- Storage:Freezer Compatible
- Depth : 4 cm
- Contents: 1 x Le Creuset Toughened Non-Stick Shallow Frying Pan, 1 x Care and Use…
- Easy Cleaning and Eco-material - Nonstick design makes easier water washing, cleans…
- Ergonomic Handle - The nonstick frying pan set 20cm, 24cm and 28cm is specially designed…
- Heats Quickly & Evenly - Made of professional grade aluminum alloy that conducts…
- NUOVVA Cast Iron Maintenance 1. Rinse with warm water and use a brush or scraper…
- THREE SIZES – Our cast iron skillet set is comprised of three practical sizes…
- EXTREMELY VERSATILE - You can use our premium pre-seasoned cast iron cookware over…
- Cook using little to no oil Suitable for all hob types, including induction
- Exclusive Ninja Foodi ZEROSTICK – zero chip, flake or peel!
- 28cm Frying Pan
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best frying pans, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a frying pan test. Last Update: 2021/12/04.