Review10Best compares the best gas grills in the UK and nominates the one from CosmoGrill as the best grill. In our gas grills review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different grills and follow our recommendation on which gas grill to buy in the UK in 2019. With the grill comparison, you can be sure to buy the best gas grill on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate gas grill buying guide
- View our gas grill picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about gas grills
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
A high-quality gas grill will produce some truly wonderful tasting food, making them the perfect product for homeowners that love a good barbecue. The best gas grills will make grilling outdoors an absolute pleasure, and with many great options to choose from you can be sure of finding something to your liking.
What are gas grills?
Gas grills are cooking appliances that are powered by gas such as propane, although more recently natural gases have become increasingly popular. They cook food through a heat source from below, with either a gas-flame cooking the food directly or by heating a grilling element that the food is then cooked on.
Why should you buy a good gas grill?
The best reason for a gas grill is how much easier it makes grilling. The fuel source means it only needs a short time to be ready for cooking, whereas a charcoal grill will require much longer to be warm enough to cook. There’s also less mess due to the lack of charcoals, while the ability to adjust the temperature of the grill provides more control over how you cook the food. Plus, if you love grilling food or the taste of barbecued cuisine, then buying the best gas grill is a fantastic investment to make.
How to choose the right gas grill?
With many types of grills available, finding the best gas grill may take a little bit of research, but it should be easier if you think about some of the following:
- Size: Gas grills come in many different sizes, so it is important to know which size you will require. The cooking space should be big enough to cook food for your entire family. Further, if you plan on hosting regular barbecues then you may want to go for a larger size grill. Small gas grills are great for households with fewer mouths to feed, while their compact size may be better suited for patio or decking areas lacking space.
- Grates: The grate of a gas grill is very important as it is the main cooking space, so you will want something that works well with how you plan on cooking. For example, a stainless steel or coated cast-iron grates are best for searing meats and maintaining an even temperature throughout the grill.
- Features: Depending on the grill, you could end up with countless extra features or none, and for some people, the basic gas grill is more than enough. However, some features allow for more diverse cook and preparation techniques, so be sure to consider how you intend on using your gas grill. For example, you may want a side burner to prepare other food while grilling, while other features such electronic igniters, fuel gauges and meat thermometers can make grilling that bit easier.
What is the best kind of gas grill in the UK?
To find the best gas grill for your grilling needs, be sure to think about what type of grill is most suitable for your intended uses. There are few to choose from, including:
- Built-in Gas Grills: For those serious about grilling, a built-in gas grill will transform an area into an outdoor kitchen. They make a great addition to terraces, patios, and decking areas, with the gas grill being built into the foundations of an outdoor living area. Perhaps the most stylish gas grill available, it’s a fine choice for grilling aficionados.
- Freestanding Gas Grills: The traditional gas grill, it follows a cart grill design where the grill is attached to a frame, usually with wheels, with the fuel tank held below the grill unit. Freestanding grills often come with side tables and other features.
- Portable Gas Grills: These gas grills are better for outdoor excursions away from home such as camping. They tend to be small and compact compared to most other types of grills, which is necessary to ensure that they are portable. Portable gas grills are also a good choice for smaller gardens or decking spaces.
Top 10 list of gas grills in the UK (July 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their gas grills rank and which grill is the best.
- Barbecue does come Flat-packed and will require assembly. A fully detailed instruction…
- Highly Mobile Barbecue, easy to move around with two castor wheels, Both Butane &…
- Strong Double Walled Hood keeping temperatures stored inside, along with a Thermometer…
- The Deluxe Models is Piezo Ignited A Regulator is needed for this barbecue, Both…
- Deluxe Model is Highly Mobile comes with Four Base Wheels, includes two Wheels with…
- Large Cooking Area inside the Hood Frame of the barbecue with the following Dimensions:…
- Easy clean enamel cast iron surface
- Heat resistant housing
- Piezo ignition, no need for a lighter
- Double Layered BBQ Hood with Aluminium Inside layer. Gross Weight: 43kgs
- Thermometer to monitor cooking temperature. 4 x Castor wheels. 2 with Brakes.
- 2 x Cooking Grills with stamped enamel finish. 1 x Full length Side table
- Variable temperature control and gauge to view cooking temperature
- Angled cooking plates drain away fat and grease from foods Into integrated drip…
- Non-stick easy clean removable plates
- SPECS: Dimension Ø 52 x 99 cm (on stand); gas consumption 290 g/h; boil time…
- EASY CLEANING AND TRANSPORT: Water compartment collects grease; pan support, grids…
- POWERFUL: the fully adjustable 4000 W gas stove runs on Campingaz gas cylinders R907/R904…
- Removable, non-stick plates and drip tray are dishwasher safe, for fuss-free cleaning;…
- Manual control, featuring four adjustable temperature settings to cook all sorts…
- Six automatic cooking programmes (burger, poultry, bacon, sausage, red meat and fish),…
- Specs: Steel lid with a thermometer (ideal for indirect grilling); cooking surface…
- Storage & transport: 2 convenient folding side shelves and locking casters to…
- Easy cleaning: InstaClean System for fast & easy cleaning of your BBQ. The system…
- Easy to clean
- Equipped with piezo ignition which makes matches unnecessary, suitable for CV-300…
- With a water compartment for fat collection. Boil time: 4 min 18 sec
- Warranty - 5 years on the stainless steel burners. 2 years on all other parts.
- Wheels and 2 locking casters - making it easy to move and keep it stable at its…
- Side Shelves - a place to rest your grilling tools or useful work-space.
i,ii Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/07/20 16:32. o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program (case i) and Kelkoo Associates Program (case ii), a affiliate advertising programs that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon and other merchants. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best gas grills